Why get your MBA at Millikin?
Think Like an Executive
Our Executive and Fast-Track MBAs provide two unique experiences tailored to the diverse needs of today's ambitious business professionals. The Executive MBA is 17 months of evening classes geared toward working adults. The 12-month Fast-Track MBA offers accelerated day classes for recent college graduates.
Our MBA faculty are more than teachers – they are seasoned professionals, entrepreneurs with their own businesses, CEOs, consultants for Fortune 500 companies, and award-winning authors.
Work in Teams and Build Networks
A key strength of the Millikin MBA lies in its team-learning cohort model. The teams comprise students of diverse backgrounds who collaborate in order to solve real business problems. This team environment, rich in support, allows students to take advantage of networking opportunities.
High-Tech Learning Environment
Students have access to a dedicated MBA suite that features video conferencing and presentation recording capabilities used for both local and remote instruction.
Graduate Assistantship Opportunities
MBA graduate assistantships may be available to a select group of high-achieving students.
MBA "Boot Camp"
Both programs kick off with a review of basic business fundamentals during an experience fondly referred to as MBA "Boot Camp." A wide-range of C-Suite faculty cover critical business topics and concepts to prepare students of every background for success after the completion of their degree.
- Our MBA has graduated over 200 students since the program began in 2001
- Average class size is 28-30
- Average age in the MBA program is 32
- Our MBA students have various undergraduate degrees including accounting, healthcare fields, engineering, managed information systems, human resource management
- Our MBA students have obtained advanced degrees from universities in China, India, Germany, as well as the U.S.
- Students come from a wide spectrum of corporations including, Bunn Capitol, Caterpillar, Exelon, Verizon, ADM, Tate & Lyle, Wells Fargo, Mueller, PPG
- Average years worked in their field is 10 years
- ACBSP Accredited
NOTE: Application requirements must be completed before November 1st in order to be reviewed by the MBA Graduate Education Committee for consideration to the next consecutive program that begins in January. Fast-Track MBA applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Application for Admission
Complete and submit the online Application for Admission.
Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of applicant's education, professional background, and leadership abilities. If applying to the Executive MBA Program, one letter should come from the applicant’s direct supervisor.
Include all professional and educational background along with any awards, honors, or distinctions.
Statement of Purpose
Submit a 1,000-word statement describing applicant’s personal and professional goals.
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
The GMAT requirement is waived for applicants who have earned a master's degree or higher in a field, as determined by MBA review committee.
Applicants must request transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions from which they have obtained a degree.
Additional Info for International Students
International students must complete the following in addition to the above-listed application requirements:
- Complete the International Application for Admission. (For translation and evaluation contact World Education Services)
- Send Official College Transcripts in English. (For translation and evaluation contact World Education Services)
- Send TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). English proficiency as evidenced by a minimum score of 81.
Conditional Admission may be granted in two instances:
- For candidates with an advanced level of English Proficiency
- (TOEFL score between 70 and 80) who need to improve their writing skills (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Students may score no less than 70 on TOEFL iBT or 6.5 on IELTS (with no band less than 6). Conditional admission will be based on the test score as well as a Skype interview. In this instance, students will study for one semester in Millikin’s English Language Center, where they will be placed in Level 4 instruction with a focus on writing.
- For international candidates who haven't yet taken the GMAT (or GRE)
- International students who are determined to be eligible for successful admission into the MBA Program, but have yet to take the GMAT or GRE, may be conditionally admitted and allowed one semester to take the GMAT/GRE. After taking the GMAT/GRE, candidates’ admission criteria are re-evaluated for final approval.
- International application packets must be submitted by August 1st for the Executive MBA and May 1 for the Fast-Track MBA.
About the School
Millikin is an independent, four year university that is privately funded and has an enrollment of approximately 2,200 students in traditional and non-traditional undergraduate and graduate degree pro ... Read More