Take global leadership positions in the hotel and tourism industry
Our new MBA programme prepares students for responsible global leadership positions within hospitality management. The MBA is aimed at professionals working in the hotel, food service and tourism industry who are up to new challenges in a fast-changing and international market. The programme is also aimed at newcomers to the industry with a business background who wish to extend their hospitality knowledge in order to open up new career opportunities.
Due to the demanding day-to-day operations in this industry, it is hard to acquire the necessary management knowledge and leadership expertise. Our MBA programme closes this gap and provides a thorough hospitality management education with a focus on social skills and an interdisciplinary approach. In one and a half years students get a deep understanding of management practices in the hospitality industry and get to exchange ideas with fellow students from around the globe.
Content, Objective and Course Structure
Unlike classic MBA programmes, the International Hospitality Management MBA puts an emphasis on leadership skills that are essential to succeed in today’s business world. The curriculum is divided into different topic areas that provide a framework for the Hospitality and Management modules.
Modules: Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Management
- Management of Operations in Hospitality
- International Sales & Distribution Management
- Global HR-Management in Hospitality
- Company Project International Hospitality Management
Modules: Management and Business Framework
- Team-building and Communication
- Leadership and Ethics
- Complexity and Decision Making
- Informal Organizational Design
- Globalisation, Society and Responsibility
- Intercultural Intelligence Trust and Collaboration
- Corporate Communication Knowledge Management u.a.
The curriculum provides a combination of management skills and industry knowledge that prepares MBA graduates for demanding leadership and management tasks on a global scale and strengthens their international profile.
Finding the best career prospects - Use your MBA degree to get straight to the top
International hotel chains and tourism companies dominate the global market and are in an ever-growing need of hospitality managers with specialised knowledge, leadership skills and an academic background.
Our MBA provides graduates with the perfect foundation for an international career in the hospitality industry. They are able to work in a top management position within the industry and can use their acquired skills and knowledge to boost their job prospects.
MBA graduates are able to work in the following industries:
- National and international private hotels and hotel chains
- Tourism organisations and tour operators
- Travel & booking technology / online portals
- Conventions and Event companies
- HR development companies
- Tourism associations, tourism policies etc.
- Suppliers, subcontractors, service providers
Pursue a doctor’s degree
The MBA degree does not only prepare you for leading management positions, but also for an academic career and a PhD.
Get your career started at SRH Hochschule Berlin and apply for our MBA programme. Here you find information about admission requirements and your next steps towards studying at SRH.
You can start your MBA at SRH Hochschule Berlin in the winter semester. Just apply online now. We will check your application carefully and, if the documents are in order, invite you to our selection process. The process consists of an interview and a written test. The participation in the process is free of charge.
Admission requirements vary according to the educational background and nationality of candidates. The basic requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Successful participation in the selection process
- Proof of at least two years of work experience
- Proof of English language proficiency.
Applications of international candidates are examined individually to determine if they fulfil the admission requirements.
Proof of language skills
The following English proficiency tests are accepted:
- TOEFL 87 ibt
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- IELTS (academic): minimum score of 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 for each skill)
- CAE (Grade A, B or C)
- CPE (Grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 points
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 2, 2018