MBA International Food and Agribusiness
The increasing globalisation of the food industry has highlighted the need for managers with experience of social, cultural, production and consumption conditions in the major markets of the world. Sourcing and supply in the food sector is becoming increasingly competitive and complex.
This MBA provides the opportunity for you to gain understanding and experience of producers, processors, consumers and policy makers within at least two of the major trading blocs and markets in the world.
Existing and aspiring multinational companies are looking for managers with transnational knowledge and linguistic skills, who are capable of functioning confidently and competently in different regions of the world.
This MBA has been developed to create the calibre of manager required to fill vital roles in this complex and dynamic global industry. The course focuses on the food and agribusiness industry and provides a unique opportunity for transatlantic study to put the management subjects concerned into a European or USA context. This is accomplished by studying the taught part of the course in Utah State University, Logan, Utah and in the School of Business and Entrepreneurship at the Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester, UK.
The MBA is validated and awarded by the Royal Agricultural University.
Who is the Course for?
Recruitment is worldwide and the ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with a degree normally at 2.1 level (or equivalent) and/or substantial experience of management. Participants should expect to reach senior management positions in companies, agencies or institutions where international business is a major activity. It will also suit academics, advisers, planners and consultants in business or government.
The MBA provides opportunity for study in the UK and the USA, creating commercial trade links and opening career possibilities. The objective is to produce MBA graduates who have the characteristics and skills which the food and agribusiness industry requires: competence in the core business subjects and experience of conditions on both sides of the Atlantic, plus presentational skills and the ability to contribute to the company very quickly.
About the Course
The taught element of the course is undertaken at Utah State University (USU), Logan, USA from August to December and the Royal Agricultural University (RAU) from January to April. Upon successful completion of specified modules in the USA, the RAU will accredit this as prior learning and award you academic credits to enable you to commence studying the core modules at the RAU. This is followed by the team project and the dissertation.
- The normal minimum entry requirement will be an Honours degree at upper second level, or an equivalent academic qualification from a comparable international institution.
- A minimum of two years' work experience with managerial responsibilities.
- Mature candidates with significant relevant work experience and lower academic qualifications may also be considered for entry, following personal interview with the Course Manager.
- If your first language is not English, we will accept the International English Language Test (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5 average with no element below 5.5.
- If you have other qualifications, including overseas awards and alternative English language qualifications, you are advised to contact Admissions to discuss the suitability of your award for entry onto the course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 27, 2017