Due to COVID-19, all lectures at IUBH University of Applied Sciences will occur in a virtual classroom until further notice. We aim to ensure that the current special circumstances will not result in students being disadvantaged in their course of study.
Career springboard MBA
Information technology is constantly evolving, and companies are always faced with new tasks and challenges. Business intelligence, social media, cloud computing, or IT security are just a few of the themes here.
Have you already gained some professional experience after completing your first degree and now you want to expand your IT knowledge and general management skills to reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA with a major in IT Management is the right choice for you. As an IT manager, you ensure that your company's data, information, and knowledge are used optimally in order to achieve and develop strategic goals. As an interface between business management and information technology, you are responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects with partner companies, associations, or state organisations.
Facts & Figures
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||on Campus, Blended, Online||3 semesters|
|Bad Honnef, Berlin||*from 1.177 Euro; full-time price on campus
(online is 2.000 euro less per semester with scholarships available)
|Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills|
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in the management of projects according to international standards.
Course of study at a glance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Elective courses (choose 4 out of 5)
- IT Project Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Governance and Compliance
- IT Architecture Management
- Software Engineering - Basics and Principles
- Strategic Management
- Operations and Information Management
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Capstone Project
How does the course of studies work?
In the second semester of your MBA programme IT Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your MBA degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin and online.
As an IT manager, you are among the most sought after professionals in the industry, the public sector, and government organisations. After graduation, for example, you can work as a:
IT Project Manager
As an IT Project Manager, you are responsible for the management of IT projects and are always up-to-date on the latest developments. You can intervene if necessary on the basis of your specialist knowledge. You largely determine the project processes in the IT area and can create guidelines and policies that facilitate the further course of the project. You also take into account the needs of the company and create documentation during the project. Consultation with specialist departments and project managers is also part of your job.
Agile work is becoming increasingly important. And Scrum is often used as a method for keeping track of a lot of projects. As a Scrum Master, you keep an eye on the big picture, moderate meetings such as Daily Scrums or 14-day review and planning meetings. You design retrospectives at the end of a sprint, where the team examines the processes again further optimises them. In addition to having specialist Scrum know-how, Scrum Masters have to be active listeners with a lot of empathy, diplomacy, life experience, and organisational skills.
HR Specialist Tech Recruiting
While classic recruiters mainly handled the publication of job advertisements and management and pre-selection of applicants, Tech Recruiters today focus on actively finding and recruiting talent and looking ahead to the future. This includes networking at job fairs and creating talent pools, as well as formulating and placing job advertisements and pre-selecting applicants.
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognized university/higher education institution (180 ECTS for 1,5 years MBA and 210 ECTS for 1 year MBA).
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" or grade C (as commonly used in the US and Canada).
- At least one-year work experience before the start of the IUBH Online Master program (achieved after previous studies).
- Plus: At least two years of work experience when you want to graduate.
- Proof of English skills.
- If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
Have you chosen a degree programme? Apply now! We will take you through the admission process step-by-step, and look forward to getting to know you better.
EU & EEA applicants
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct Admission Interview
- Receive a letter of admission & tuition contract
- Send back signed tuition contract
- Start your studies at IUBH
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct the admission interview
- Receive the offer letter
- Make a deposit and open blocked account
- Receive the letter of admission & tuition contract
- Receive your visa and start your studies
After you submit your online application, we will check if you fulfil the entry requirements and will contact you within two weeks. Please be sure to send with your application all of the documents listed below:
- Letter of Motivation
- Passport Copy
- Academic Diplomas and Transcript of Records
- Proof of English Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge A or P)
- Proof of work experience (if any)
Hospitality Management | A brief explanation from IUBH Professor Legrand from IUBH on Vimeo.
About the School
IUBH University of Applied Sciences offers on-campus degree programs that have a strong international focus: all courses are taught in English, the curriculum is aligned to the future needs of interna ... Read More