An American MBA degree in Oman
By choosing a master’s program from Franklin University and Modern College of Business & Science (MCBS), you benefit from a regionally accredited education that’s recognized around the globe and the Ministry of Higher Education of the Sultanate of Oman.
The Program has been in existence for more than 20 years now, has been delivered in many locations worldwide, among others in Macedonia, Poland, Ukraine and Oman, where it was first launched in 2012. More than 5,000 students have successfully graduated so far from the Franklin University MBA, among them there are more than 45 alumni from the MBA delivered at MCBS.
Classes are delivered at MCBS by American and MCBS professors (50%/50%). The Program offers 2 specializations: Finance, and Human Resources Management. All learning materials are inclusive and available in electronic version through a learning management system myFranklin.
Our courses are reviewed and evaluated by industry leaders and alumni each year. Franklin’s coursework blends long-standing theories and real-world applications together, while bringing in the latest trends, technologies, and processes. The results create relevant applications to current practices you can take directly to work from the start of your program.
The Franklin MBA at MCBS challenges you on a higher level of learning and thinking. This award-winning MBA will channel your talent by providing you with a holistic understanding of business so you can level-up your leadership and pioneer forward in an ever-changing global marketplace.
Organization of studies
Franklin University MBA Program delivered at MCBS gives you the freedom to fit your education around your work and personal life. This is why the classes are scheduled in a mode which makes it easier for working students to be successful:
- each course delivered over a period of 6 weeks
- one week break between the courses
- no weekend classes
- 5 courses taught by MCBS faculty: a 6 week period, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm, twice a week
- 5 courses taught by Franklin faculty: a 6 week period inclusive of 2-weeks lecture classes 4 times a week
- ongoing support on the online platform myFranklin
The admission process reflects Franklin University’s and Modern College of Business and Science’s’ efforts to clearly identify the performance standards that can help predict student success in graduate level study. Moreover, they reflect regulations from the accrediting bodies: the Higher Learning Commission (US), Ministry of Higher Education (Oman), IACBE (US).
- a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 2.75 GPA and above on a 4.0 scale
- proficiency in English at the level of: IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based). Applicants who do not have official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required to take an online Accuplacer ESL test through the MBA office. Applicants who have completed a degree in a country in which English is the only official language do not need to submit additional proof of English proficiency.
The candidate’s work history, references, and other personal qualities and characteristics will be considered as well. An Academic Board reviews credentials of all the candidates. The Academic Board’s approval is of special importance for candidates who apply for a conditional admission.
DURATION AND PRICE
- General MBA – 16 months
- General MBA with specialization in Finance – 22 months
- General MBA with specialization in HR Management – 22 months
- General MBA – 8 000 OR
- General MBA with specialization – 10 500 OR
- Cohort starting in March 2015: 31st January 2015
- Cohort starting in July 2015: 31st May 2015
- Cohort starting in October 2015: 31st August 2015
Cost & Fees
Please be aware that the program is self-funded and does not provide scholarships.