Business Innovation is a practical Master’s programme where student teams create companies based on corporate innovation or new venture projects. Developing innovative ideas into successful businesses is very tough. In this program we give you tools and practical hands-on experience of taking ideas and bringing them out to the market. This creates leaders who are capable in seizing the opportunity of the new knowledge-based markets.
- Innovation week in CERN
- World-class international faculty
- Multi-disciplinary teams
- Developing the concept of prototype or design
- Learning-by-doing format
- Real-life business cases
- Co-creation approach
The core of the programme is to provide you full in-depth knowledge and experience how to rapidly develop of an idea into a sustainable business. You go through all phases of business innovation from verifying customer need, developing a business model and growing a company internationally.
Goal of the programme is to:
- provide experienced specialists, entrepreneurs and managers with knowledge and practical skills in innovation management in knowledge-based business.
- upon the completion of the programme the students may continue their business activity with the innovation project that was started and developed within of the programme;
- enable to assess, test and develop the innovative and technology-based business ideas.
Short description of the curriculum structure:
Basic subjects – 36 ECTS
Special subjects – 48 ECTS
Optional courses – 6 ECTS
Master Thesis – 30 ECTS
TOTAL 120 ECTS
Upon successful completion of the programme a graduate can:
- build, manage and motivate a team;
- know the principles of financial planning, funding and legislative environment of business projects;
- be able to develop the marketing-, sales- and negotiation strategies, and be able to present the value offer;
- be able to analyze and implement innovation strategies and use a business model as a tool for strategic planning and innovation management;
- have developed one or more business projects in a team and proven the feasibility of a project in the market.
Admission to EBS Master's studies takes place twice a year - in summer and in winter (only EU). Admitted students can start their studies either in September or in February (only EU). First step for applying to EBS is filling in the application form. After sending the application, EBS study consultant will contact you and explain the following admission process.
Maximum 21 students per year are accepted into the programme. The admission process goes through several stages, where eligibility and suitability to the programme is reviewed. The steps include letter of motivation, CV, admissions interview and case interview.
Winter admission for Estonian and EU candidates for study year 2017/2018 is open. The deadline for applying is the 12th of January.
Non-EU candidates are welcome to apply for study year 2017/2018. The deadline for applying is the 10th of April.
Fore more in detail information please visit: http://www.ebs.ee/en/master-s-studies/business-innovation-mba/admission
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- Bachelor´s degree, Diploma of Professional Higer Education or equivalent
- Working experience as a leader, entrepreneur or specialist 2-3 years
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English. Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Fore more in detail information please visit: http://www.ebs.ee/en/master-s-studies/admission
English - Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE or CAE, IELTS 5.5+ or TOEFL 69+
- TOEFL iBT score 87 - Test result has to be sent directly to EBS by the test centre. It is also possible to order the test results to be sent to EBS online. Please note that TOEFL iBT test score is valid 2 years.
- IELTS with a minimum overall band score of 5.5, with 5.5 or above in each band. Please note that IELTS test result is valid 2 years.
- Cambridge FCE - Candidates presenting Cambridge English tests should indicate their ID number (a 3 letter and 6 number combination) and secret number (4 digits) in their application form. These numbers are included in the confirmation of entry for the Cambridge exam. If you don’t know these details, please contact the exam centre.
- BEC Vantage
- Admission interview
- Case intereview
- Motivation letter
Instructions for writing the motivation letter:
- Introduction of the candidate – Summary to the letter: Please start with a 600 – 1000 character summary of your background – experience, personality, something fun (i.e. hobby) we should know about you.
- Motivation and relevance to the program: Please answer at least two questions below. Please keep the answers to maximum 2 pages with an equivalent of font Garamond in font size 12, (minimum 2500 and maximum 6000 characters).
- How do you relate yourself to innovation? i.e. how have you been involved or see yourself becoming involved in bringing new products and services to the market?
- What are your unique characteristics that you bring to the class/program that others do not have?
- How do you describe your working style – in a team and individually?
- How do you see Business Innovation MBA education benefiting your future goals?
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 12, 2016