MBA Aviation Management
The MBA Aviation and Tourism Management is designed to prepare those who already hold leading positions or who are aiming to do so to meet this challenge. Students will experience important aspects of personal development and be instructed in the methodology associated with the aviation and tourism sector.
Please note that a total tuition fee of €19,900 plus study fees of € 1,371.68 applies for this programme.
Start: October 2016
Degree conferring institution: Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (FRA-UAS)
Partners: University of Huddersfield, UK + University University of West London, Brentford/West London, UK and Embry-Riddle, Orlando, USA
Type of degree: Master of Business Administration
Language of instruction: English
Credit points (CP): 90
Duration: 4 semesters
Capacity (per year): 26 students
The MBA Aviation and Tourism Management is designed to prepare those who already hold leading positions or who are aiming to do so to meet this challenge. The course contains elements of international management and leadership and is based on essential areas of aviation and tourism seen from the perspective of the sector’s key players, namely airlines, airports, air-traffic Controllers, travel agents, travel companies. Students will experience important aspects of personal development and be instructed in the methodology associated with the aviation and tourism sector.The course is also of interest to executives in professional associations, high ranking civil servants and specialists working for government agencies at a regional or national level.
International applicants are welcome. In order to make things easier for students based abroad, the programme is organised in two presence blocks with a total of 23 days in semesters 1–3. To prepare students for international assignments this programme is conducted in English.
Please note that the programme is also open to persons holding a non-business degree, e. g. engineers, natural scientists, mathematicians, social scientists and members of the legal profession.
Professionals with a minimum of 4 years work experience and no first academic degree can qualify for the programme by taking an extensive aptitude test.
The MBA Aviation and Tourism Management prepares you for challenging and demanding management positions in the aviation and tourism industry. You will acquire competences in the area of general management and leadership as well as aviation management and applied research.
After successful completion of the MBA programme, you will be able to:
- Use your broad knowledge and independent thinking to help aviation and/or tourism companies address the typical strategic challenges that occur in the aviation/tourism industry
- Recognise all relevant corporate functions, identify areas of interdependence and the importance these areas have for the successful management of a company
- Lead people in a national and international context, communicate effectively both internally and externally and perform in an authentic and ethically responsible manner
- Make appropriate decisions even when information is incomplete or limited, while always keeping in mind social and ethical issues and effects
- Apply scientific methodology to find solutions for demanding research questions of the aviation and/or tourism industry
- Keep pace with the technological and academic developments of the aviation and/or tourism industry throughout your professional life
- Work effectively in international teams and respect different opinions and approaches to work-related issues
- Place the importance of safety and security in a primary position and recognize the necessity of promoting sustainable management of the environment
Teaching Methods & Personal Development
You will benefit from different didactic methods that apply and extend your know-how and skills, including teamwork, expert lectures, online/offline self-study phases, work practice, role play, presentations and research papers.
The study concept takes into account the individual definition of learning targets regarding knowledge, skills and personal values based on a 360° Feedback. This is a method and tool that includes performance feedback from your supervisor, peers, subordinates and customers, as well as a self-evaluation.
Fireside chats with top managers
You will regularly come together with senior managers to share views on the challenges of managing companies and career development.
Applied research projects
Research projects are carried out in cooperation with international companies. These consulting projects are of mutual interest and benefit.
- Press training workshop
- Negotiation skills workshop
- Team building events
- Intercultural experiences
- International business etiquette seminar
- Aviation on-site visits
Costs & duration
Total costs for the two-year study programme amount to € 19,900 plus study fees of € 1,478.84 (four semesters at currently € 369.71). Participants are responsible for all travel expenses as well as food and accommodation.
Please, note that these costs are fully deductible from income tax in many countries (e.g. Germany).
The part-time study course is divided into four semesters (24 months). Teaching takes place in two 14-day blocks per semester at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences in Frankfurt am Main. Two modules are held at the partner universities abroad.
- First academic degree
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in the aviation and/or tourism industry
- Exceptional professional achievements documented by a letter of recommendation (usually from the respective company)
- Cover letter stating your reason for wanting to participate in the programme
- Curriculum vitae listing relevant projects, work results and additional qualifications (seminars and training programmes)
- Good command of English (TOEFL 87 points, IELTS band 6.5 or similar test)
- Personal interview
- Duly signed application form
- Curriculum Vitae - with relevant work experience and projects
- Letter of Recommendation - usually by senior member in the candidate's respective company
- A first academic degree (e.g. Bachelor Degree Certificate plus Transcript of Marks)
- School leaving certificate / Higher Education entrance qualification
- Copy of Passport
- Cover letters stating the applicant's reason for wanting to participate in the programme. Please send the copies by post as well as scanned copies in e-mail as well.
- Application deadline for candidates with foreign degrees: July 31st
- Application deadline for candidates with national degrees: July 31st
- Application deadline for the qualifying examination in accordance with paragraph 16(2) HHG: February 15th
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 27, 2016