MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Slippery Rock University's accelerated Master of Business Administration (MBA) program not only awards one of the most sought after master's degrees, it's also offered in an online or hybrid format and can be completed in just one year. An MBA is essential for individuals who want a competitive edge in the business world. Classes are offered both online and in-person. SRU offers a 30-credit general concentration as well as 36-credit concentrations in accounting/finance or management/marketing.
This program can be taken full- or part-time 100% online or in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania at the Regional Learning Alliance (RLA). We offer this program every semester (winter, spring, summer, and fall).
For those who are interested in advancing their career in management, accounting, and marketing or even wish to own their own business, the MBA program at SRU helps students get ahead and stay ahead. The curriculum covers a wide range of business areas including accounting, communication, economics, and management; building leadership at every opportunity. Students who enroll in the program develop a solid foundation in business, explore their professional interests, and work with faculty and advisors to prepare for their ideal careers
By integrating classroom theory with real-world business practices, the MBA program at SRU provides knowledge and strategies professionals will immediately find useful. Not only are students prepared to compete in the job market, they're also ready to climb the corporate ladder or start their own businesses.
Core classes in our MBA program cover a variety of subjects. Courses include Corporate Accounting, Managerial Economics, Supply Chain Management, and Business Analysis and Decision Support. Based on the concentration students choose, electives vary from Business Law to Forensic Accounting.
SRU's MBA program benefits working professionals because it is
- Flexible: classes available both online and on-site year-round (summer, fall, winter, spring)
- Convenient: located at the Regional Learning Alliance in Cranberry Township, Pa.
- Accelerated: earn the degree in just one year
- Interdisciplinary: includes business, data analysis, and communication classes
Applicants must have completed a Pre-Calculus, Business Statistics or higher level class, with a C or better. The Pre-Calculus, Business Statistics or higher level class requirement can be waived if the applicant's quantitative score GMAT is sufficient, as determined by the admissions committee.
To apply for the MBA Program at SRU, students need to provide the following materials:
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Two Electronic Reference Forms (Students are responsible for forwarding this link to evaluators)
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate transcripts from all institutions where college credit was granted. (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- Applicants must successfully complete the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) with a target score of 450.
The GMAT may be waived if:
- The student has a business related degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, from a regionally accredited institution.
- The applicant has demonstrated sufficient professional work experience as determined by the admissions committee.
- The student has earned a terminal degree or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
If a student has less than a 3.0 or equivalent, they will need to successfully complete the GMAT with a score of 450 or better. Exceptions to these requirements may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the admissions committee.
International students should check with the Office of Global Engagement to review all international documents and visa statuses.
*Applicants must submit their two references via the wufoo forms linked above.
About the School
Slippery Rock University, founded in 1889 by the citizens of the borough of Slippery Rock, is the region's premier public residential university. The University is shaped by its normal school heritage ... Read More