As the baby boomer generation enters retirement and demands our attention, so does the growing need for health care professionals. Hospitals and health care facilities are facing new challenges, and require professionals who can provide solutions. NSU gives you a competitive advantage so you can lead in this growing field.
The M.B.A. with a major in Complex Health Systems will expose you to the full continuum of the health care system, including translational research and economic development. You’ll work in experiential learning environments that include the classroom, hospitals, clinics, and research settings. This unique program is the intersection where technology, research, and innovation all meet. Some call it the “business side” of health care, where business solutions help take discoveries on the laboratory bench through the complex journey to the patient’s bedside.
An Advisory Board of health care leaders, researchers, innovators, and entrepreneurs developed this program to provide you with a powerful edge. It empowers you to improve patients and stakeholder business solutions as a health care leader or facilitate cutting-edge laboratory findings, medicines, therapies, and device launches as an entrepreneur.
- MBA core courses are offered online or weeknights with the exception of MGT 5105.
- Complex Health System classes and MGT 5105 are delivered on alternate Saturdays in a 16-week format.
- The program may be completed in approximately 24 months.
- The program begins 5 times per year, August, October, January, March, and May.
- Program developed by the Advisory Board of health care leaders, researchers, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
- Prepares the student for success as a leader within the complex health care business sector.
- Focuses on the "new" business of health - the intersection of technology, research, and innovation.
- It provides an experiential learning environment, taught by practitioners, in the classroom and the healthcare business continuum from hospitals to clinics and research settings.
- NSU's Center for Collaborative Research and its high-level relationships with incubator and early-stage healthcare businesses, biotech and pharma will provide the foundation for the program.
Business Office Director
$127,579Average Salary Per Year
Head of Home Care
$113,612Average Salary Per Year
Medical and Health Services Manager
$94,500Average Salary Per Year
- A conferred bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree for international applicants. Applicants that have earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of a 3.0 or greater will be considered for admission.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale as reflected on official, final transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Applicants will be considered eligible for admission if their undergraduate GPA in the final 60 hours of their enrollment is a 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale.
- For applicants who have earned a 2.25-2.49 cumulative undergraduate GPA or who have earned a GPA of 2.25-2.49 in the last 60 hours of their undergraduate program, a minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of 450 or the equivalent score of a GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is required.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree from a non-regionally accredited institution will be considered for admission. Such applicants must demonstrate an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale and a GMAT score of 450+ or the equivalent score of the GRE.
- For those applicants whose native language is not English or the bachelor's degree was not completed in English, language proficiency will be required.
- Students can connect wirelessly on campus, and laptops are encouraged in the classroom – for taking notes, instructor-led exercises, and working in groups. Students are not required to purchase a particular brand of computer. However, please remember that College-provided software runs on Windows platforms. Students who use Macs will need windows emulation capability and must secure their systems using antivirus and antispyware programs. Recommended minimum computer specifications: Windows 7 or 8/8.1 operating system, MS Office, and 6GB RAM, 125GB hard drive.
- Completed Master's Application for Admission and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. The applicant's bachelor's degree transcript must show a degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. If the graduate degree has been earned, the transcript must show degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. Electronic transcripts can be sent to email@example.com or by mail at:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
Attn: H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida 33329-9905
About the School
One of the premier business schools in Florida, the H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship at NSU reaches students globally with online and on-site, internationally recognized bach ... Read More