If you identify with any of these cases, this is your program!
- You want to advance in your sector and develop professionally in your current performance
- Would you like to run a department in your current company or in a company within your sector and professional activity
- You have the illusion of undertaking and facing the challenge of creating your company or some initiative on your own
- You want to specialize in business management in the energy sector
- Are you thinking about the possibility of developing yourself in Latin America or Spain and would like to share experiences with other professionals like you in a cosmopolitan city like Madrid
The process of globalization that is taking place today leads us, all professionals in general and Industrial Engineers in particular, to the need to be open to geographic mobility, depending on the opportunities that may arise in other countries.
Within the international market we must emphasize the importance of the projects in Infrastructures, Energy and Industrial, due to the need of the countries of sustainability.
These types of projects require us to be prepared to:
- Manage complex projects efficiently and effectively.
- Implantation of internationalization and diversification strategies.
- Incorporation of the sustainability factor into the business strategy.
- Conduct work teams developing management skills and human resources management techniques.
- Align the current needs of companies in the direction of projects with the teaching of "best practices" in the market.
The International MBA provides the necessary knowledge to undertake these functions and manages to train the best professionals to successfully manage these types of projects.
Energy companies must be able to meet the challenge of financing, co-financing, exploiting, maintaining and managing cost-effective energy infrastructures, taking into account the inherent limitations of changing social, economic and regulatory environments.
Added to this is the need to incorporate the sustainability factor into business strategy and social commitment.
But also, of course, see the sustainability factor as an opportunity to participate in future business, incorporating innovation as a key factor of business, and business growth.
In order to address these challenges it is necessary to adapt the organization to this new strategy, and for this it is necessary to have engineers with some experience but well trained in the field of business management. The challenge is complex because of the need to implement new human resources in the countries that are committed, both with commercial structures and support to operations (legal counsel, purchasing department, human resources, etc ...).
It is evident that adequate professional training in strategic internationalization and diversification management will be the most effective tool to face these new challenges.
To whom it is addressed
Professionals and executives, with university degree, with at least five years of experience in positions of responsibility, who want to extend their management knowledge with a solid business training specialized in the energy sector.
The Academic Program of the Executive International MBA in Energy Sector Companies has been structured into three major training areas, each of them specially focused on the new strategic challenges of internationalization of the sector.
The first block addresses the strategic focus of the company. The student will know the different tools of strategic analysis and will deepen both the current conjunctures of the global energy sector and those envisioned in the future, so that he is able to propose various possible strategies to address this uncertain environment.
The second block, management of companies in the energy sector, provides the student with a global vision of the management of the company, addressing multidisciplinary subjects such as financial management, taxation, human resources management, marketing, regulatory framework, etc ... The professional who aspire to reach top management positions, not only must master the technical procedures of his business, but also presupposes knowledge of legal, financial matters and mastery of various managerial skills such as capacity negotiation or time management
Finally, the third block deals with the management of the business of the energy sector, which is undergoing a major evolution with transformation processes that seek internationalization, diversification, greater efficiency and reduction of structure costs, greater financial muscle to face the investment of new energy infrastructures , development of new technologies of generation, prospecting and extraction, etc ...
The program (650 hours) will begin on 10/22/2014, will end on 07/27/2015 and will have the following composition:
- Online: From 10/29/2014 to 7/27/2015
- In person: From 2/23/2015 to 05/03/2015
- Final project: From 07/27/2015 to 11/20/2015
- Place of celebration
- The residential phase of the Master is held in Madrid
1. Strategic Management in the Enterprise of the Energy Sector
- Strategic direction.
- Internationalization. A need.
- Models of energy systems.
- Diversification of energy companies.
- Sustainable energy models.
2. Business Management
- Management skills.
- Financial Management.
- Human Resources Department.
- Legal advice
- The social environment.
- Project management.
3. The Business of the Energy Sector
- The Oil & Gas business.
- The business of generation, transmission and distribution of electricity.
- Renewable Energy
- Commercial management of companies in the energy sector. Oil, Natural Gas and Electricity.
- Promotion of energy infrastructures.
- Financing of energy infrastructures
The face-to-face stage includes visits to companies, workshops, conferences and round tables.
The main objective of this program is to train managers with a strategic vision in the management of companies in the energy sector, giving them a global vision of the business and the knowledge, tools and management skills necessary to successfully develop their management.
This new edition of the Executive MBA has been rethought, on the one hand, to respond to the training needs presented by companies at an international level that, in the current economic situation, have implemented strategies of internationalization and diversification.
On the other hand, it has adapted to the energy sector, a sector that is in full evolution and transformation throughout the Western economic framework and must adapt to the new circumstances imposed by the limitation of energy resources and the new regulatory and internationalization environments of the market.
Students who successfully complete the courses will receive the degree " Executive International MBA in Energy Sector Companies " issued by EOI School of Industrial Organization (EOI Own Degree) and Structuralia
This school offers programs in: