The International MBA is the German accredited degree program of the IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program which is offered by the International Business School Alliance (IBSA).
Participating in the program means that you finish your graduate studies with 2 degrees in only one year: An MBA from Bremen, plus another degree depending on your choice of the partner university.
It also means that you live in two different countries and study with a highly diverse student body. The first semester always consists of core modules. You can either study the core modules in Bremen, Germany and choose 1 out of 6 partner business specializations. Or set up your dual degree another way around: Specialize in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and start at one of the partner universities. In the 3rd term, you will write your master thesis about your specialization topic.
The standard of living in Bremen is high, but the costs are not. The city has a very long tradition as a hub of international trade. Because it is linked to the sea, many logistics companies have settled down here.
IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program - Partner Universities
As an IBSA student, you can design your own path. There are 42 possible combinations of universities and specializations you can choose. That sounds like a lot, but it’s not a complicated decision:
There are 7 accredited degree programs forming the IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program. The IMBA is the German one.
Students start with the first term at any of the 7 partner universities belonging to the International Business School Alliance (IBSA) and have to change to a second IBSA-partner in the second term. The final research project in the third term is completed at this second IBSA-partner.
The Core Modules are the same everywhere. Every university has its own specialization.
- HS Bremen, International Graduate Center, Germany, Bremen
- Universitat de Valencia, Facultad de Economia, Spain, Valencia
- RANEPA, Institute of Business Studies, Russia, Moscow
- University of North Carolina Wilmington, USA, Wilmington
- University of Hertfordshire Business School, UK, Hatfield
- UNIRAZAK, Faculty of Business Administration, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Novancia Business School Paris, France, Paris
Specialization & Master Thesis
Choose from the list below your business specialization.
- International Logistics and Supply Chain Management HS Bremen, International Graduate Center, Germany MBA
- International Finance and Investments University of North Carolina Wilmington, USA MBA/ MBA
- Global and Islamic Finance UNIRAZAK, Faculty of Business Administration, Malaysia MBA/ MBA
- Master in Human Resource Management University of Hertfordshire Business School, UK Master of Science (M.Sc./ MBA)
- Master of International Marketing Universidad de Valencia, Facultad de Economia, Spain Master of Arts (M.A./ MBA)
- Master of International Business Development and Consulting Novancia Business School Paris, France Master of Arts (M.A./ MBA)
- Master in Management in Emerging Economies RANEPA, Institute of Business Studies, Russia Master of Arts (M.A./ MBA)
Human Resource Management in the Global Environment:
The module will examine ideas of International Human Resource Management (HRM) in the context of the global business environment and the policies of organizations for the management of people. The issues involved in managing international human resources strategically will be explored. In addition, the links between HR practices and organizational performance will be reviewed. Ideas of best practice in managing people internationally will also be analyzed.
Global Marketing Strategies:
The module learning outcomes have a view of Marketing for international marketing decision making at an advanced level. The learning experience will stimulate critical and intellectual skills, through class learning, group work, and independent research.
Multinational Finance Management:
The aim of the module is to equip students with skills and knowledge related to international finance issues. The module focuses on analysis and decision-making techniques in order to prepare students to act as managers aware of the global issues affecting their business environment, i.e. functioning of foreign exchange markets, currency and interest rate risks and their management, multinational capital budgeting project and firm financial analysis for value creation.
Global Strategic Analysis:
This module deals with strategy-making and execution. It addresses global business issues and deals with the question of what managers must do to make a company a winner in the global business environment. Using the case method and other approaches, the module discusses the managerial tasks involved in the processes of analyzing, crafting, selecting, and executing strategies.
International Business Law:
The International Business Law module deals with questions arising from international commercial transactions. The course provides an understanding of the rules of applicable law and litigation (jurisdiction and arbitration). In particular, the module focuses on international contracts as the cornerstone of International Business Law.
International Leadership (optional):
The main objective of the module “Leadership” is to provide to the participants an overall perspective on leadership, to experience the personal dimensions of their own leadership style and capacity, and to develop tangible action plans to shape their own management skills. By this, the module builds a sound basis for becoming a successful business leader.
Why Study in the IBSA Program?
The IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program is a smart choice with regards to your future employment. You gain international experience, which is highly valued, especially in business-related fields. Benefit from IBSA's worldwide network that brings you truly international education. Through living in two countries you will significantly increase your cultural competence as you hone your business knowledge at the same time. The combined experiences will be invaluable for your personal growth.
The city of Bremen is very international and has a friendly climate. As you walk through the city you will hear many languages besides German. The IGC’s International Students Assistance (ISA) is dedicated to helping you with any issues and questions you have during your time in Bremen, from finding an apartment to insurance to visa applications. As a student, you will also receive the famous “Semesterticket” with which you can use public transportation far beyond Bremen’s borders.
MBA Target Group & Requirements
You have a business-related undergraduate degree and at least one year of professional experience. Aside from that, you’re also ambitious and have a truly cosmopolitan mindset. The students to whom this applies come from a large variety of cultural and professional backgrounds, which makes the IBSA-experience mind-expanding for every participant.
The main entry requirements are:
- An academic, business-related degree (bachelor)*
- Proof of English proficiency* with TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 80 IBT points or IELTS (International Language Testing System) 6.5 points
- One year professional experience (proof of practical knowledge or work experience required)
Additional documents required for applying:
- Copies of either birth certificate or passport*
- Curriculum vitae
- An essay outlining student's interest in the program
- A letter of recommendation (from employer or university)
- APS certificate for Chinese or Vietnamese applicants ONLY
If regular copies are submitted, either certified copies of original documents should be presented upon enrolment. Original documents other than in English or German have to be translated for the application by a recognized translator.
Application Process MBA
If you want to specialize in one of our partners’ business specializations, you can apply here and start with the core modules in Germany at the IGC. But, If you want to study the Logistics and Supply Chain specialization, you have to start at one of our partner universities. Every partner has its own accredited degree program (see list below) as a part of the IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program. You have to apply for the accredited degree program of your chosen partner university, where you want to start with the core modules. In the application process, you can then choose Bremen as your second university and Logistics and Supply Chain Management as your specialization. If you have any trouble with the application process or other questions, please, don’t hesitate to contact our program coordinator Angela Dunkhorst.
- International Graduate Center (Germany) – International MBA
- Universitat de Valencia (Spain) – International Business Management (iMBA)
- RANEPA Institute of Business Studies Moscow (Russia) – International Master in Management
- University of North Carolina Wilmington (USA) – International MBA
- University of Hertfordshire (UK) – Global Business
- Graduate School of Business UNIRAZAK (Malaysia) – MBA (International Business)
- Novancia Business School Paris (France) – MSc. in International Business Development and Consulting
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017