The MBA International programme aims at providing students with career opportunities in an international context. It also ensures that students have exposure to international business through an intensive course in strategic management which eventually enhances personal and career development. To facilitate this, students will use, share and reflect upon their experiences alongside others in their respective Learning Teams.
The MBA International provides students with an in-depth knowledge in International management through integrating the main functional areas of business by applying global strategic management.
The programme has therefore been structured in three key themes:
- The Performing Organisation
- Contemporary and Global Strategic Challenges
- Research in Action
- The Human Capital Dimension
- Marketing Innovations
- Risk and Financial Analysis
- Business Management Research
- Global Strategic Management
- International Consultancy in Action
- International Marketing
- International Finance
- International Supply Chain Management
- HRM in Global Context
In the final semester, students will develop and investigate a special area of knowledge within the International strategic field of their choice for the master's Dissertation. Professional development is ensured due to support from fellow students through interactive class discussions and group work.
To apply for admission into any of the GTUC Masters degree programmes, an applicant must:
- Possess a first degree, not below second class lower division from an accredited university with a major in engineering, computing, information systems, computer systems engineering, information technology, management or related field. Applicants with third class or pass degrees are required to attend a one-month mandatory refresher course and pass an interview to qualify for a programme.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ relevant working/professional experience if applying for an MBA programme.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
An applicant must also submit the following:
- A completed Postgraduate Admission form (Purchase from GTUC Information Centre, Main Campus, Tesano, or download one. The cost of the application form is One Hundred and Ten Ghana Cedis (Gh¢110) payable by way of Bankers Draft from any bank.
- An official transcript indicating completion of at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited and degree-granting university.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to judge the candidate’s probability of success in pursuing a programme of study leading to the master’s degree.
Acceptances of Offers
A person receiving an offer of admission must accept the offer by the process which is specified in the offer letter and by the due date which is specified in the offer. Admission offers will be withheld for applicants who fail to accept the admission offer, and also fail to register as a student on the due date specified in the offer of admission.
- Stimulating intensive course in management with an international perspective.
- Specifically designed for career development in the international arena.
- Offers development opportunities like independence and creative thinking.
- Offers the opportunity to develop the ability to analyze, synthesize and evaluate approaches to business management.
- Equips graduates with a diverse range of business management skills (consultancy skills) for employment.
- The international consultancy in action module enables students to apply curriculum in a global context and adapt their skills and knowledge to international business sectors.
The MBA International award provides career enhancement for graduates seeking new employment opportunities by equipping them with managerial skills to assess global trends and strategies.
About the School
The College has its roots in Ghana Telecom’s flagship Training Centre, which was one of a kind in West Africa. It was first used as a Royal Air Force (RAF) Training School during the Second World War ... Read More