ISM’s mission is to provide business professionals with a strong and knowledgeable foundation in international business to further their careers.
ISM offers three international business management degrees.
Which path will you take?
ISM's International MBA (IMBA) is designed for those seeking to broaden their career horizons and gain significant career advantages in today’s competitive job market by pursuing an advanced degree that is both rigorous and flexible.
Students may choose from among three different tracks:
- SPECIALIZATION IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION
- SPECIALIZATION IN FINANCE
ISM's International MBA
Our International MBA gives you the global edge you need to take your business career to the top. Built for working executives, the program offers all the academic rigor of a traditional MBA, but with a sharper focus on the diverse cultures and practices that drive modern business.
The program is self-paced and highly flexible – allowing you to complete it without pausing your career. Choose to study full-time from our base in Paris, or go part-time by combining in-person courses with e-learning from anywhere in the world.
Whichever route you take, our IMBA lets you earn credits at one or more of our partner institutions across the globe. Our programs in Cape Town, New Delhi, Shanghai and São Paulo take a regional focus, giving you valuable insight into business cultures and practices in key emerging markets. Our New York location, meanwhile, hosts an optional two-week summer program for all IMBA students, with courses that offer a broader view of international business.
- Specialization in International Business
- Specialization in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Specialization in Finance
- Specialization in Strategic Technology
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Average of 4 years' management experience
- Strong written and spoken English
- Complete a minimum of 32 credits of coursework, through a combination of courses in Paris and/or other locations, and e-learning courses
- Completion of Case Study Analyses
- Completion of a Master's Final Project
The IMBA program cultivates the leadership and effectiveness necessary to tackle the challenges of senior management on an international level. The program is based on an American-style curriculum and centers around a series of highly interactive and intensive seminars delivered by a diverse group of professors, all of whom are respected experts in their fields.
The program is truly international, offering flexible study options: e-learning as well as seminars held on five different continents, and guaranteeing a diverse classroom experience. Throughout the duration of their coursework and research, students benefit from personalized support from ISM staff and faculty, offering an unrivaled academic experience.
The final requirement of the IMBA program involves a Master's Final Project under the guidance of the Dean. Students have three options for their Final Project:
- Academic thesis
- Detailed internship report
- Extended Business Plan (students will need to pitch their plan at ISM’s annual PITCH IN PARIS Competition)
This program is designed to cultivate the leadership and decision making skills necessary to tackle the challenges of today’s global businesses. ISM faculty members leverage students' experiences as well as their own professional experience to illustrate and build on the participants’ management skills and know-how, which are crucial to succeeding in an international environment.
- Learn critical concepts and tools that are relevant to achieve leadership and organizational objectives and goals.
- Learn how to apply the concepts and tools to various situations; in effect, each participant will make the intellectual connections between tools and context that lead to insight, and vision: the basis for long-term corporate success.
- Develop and strengthen various emotional intelligence skills such as self-awareness, self-management, collaboration, and teamwork; to better negotiate the potential complexities in organizations. To know one’s self in relation to others is to be empowered.
- Learn to focus on advancing the strategic objectives of the organization, emphasizing the application of theory in practice and identifying the effective action.
- Learn to synthesize, analyze and integrate their knowledge from across the organization and use this knowledge to provide innovative and credible solutions that provide an immediate return on investment.
- Learn to lead and make rapid, high-level business decisions, develop their global perspective, and expand their network by working with innovative faculty and high caliber colleagues.
- Learn the quantitative skills necessary to analyze a firm’s quantifiable numerical data and make intelligent and effective decisions.
Tuition fees include academic services in all cities of study. Any costs associated with transportation, housing, or other personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the candidate or sponsor.
Tuition fees can be paid in Euros or other currencies under request.
Funding Your Studies
IMBA Full-Time applicants have two payment plan options:
- One lump sum payment, with 10% financial assistance
- 4 equal installments, to take place over a one-year period
Please discuss payment options during the initial admissions consultation with a member of our admissions staff. ISM works with each student to find the best payment option given individual circumstances.
ISM provides both need-based and merit-based scholarships. These are awarded on a highly competitive basis to prospective candidates. The scholarship application can be found in the online application form.
Tuition Assistance Scholarship is awarded to prospective students who exhibit strong academic ability, have substantial professional experience, and are pursuing any one of ISM degree programs, either full-time or part-time study.
Dean's Opportunity Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for students from underrepresented or economically disadvantaged regions, and are pursuing any one of ISM degree programs, either full-time or part-time study.
Women in Business Scholarship is offered to women returning to graduate degree programs after taking time away from their professional lives, or current working professionals pursuing any one of ISM degree programs, either full-time or part-time study.
The Next Step Scholarship is available only to ISM graduates who enroll in an ISM doctoral study, either a full-time or part-time study.
Publication Scholarship is awarded to prospective students who display strong research skills, have previously published in a credible academic source, and are pursuing any one of ISM degree programs, either full-time or part-time study.
The Student Blogger Award: This award is granted to applicants who are selected to represent ISM as a student blogger. Recipients are expected to write blog entries during the course of their studies, as well as continue as an occasional guest blogger as alumni. The bloggers share their experiences in the seminars, events, as well as overall impressions of ISM and how the program is impacting the blogger’s life and career.
*Please note that any combination of scholarship opportunities cover a maximum of 30% of the total tuition, and are applied directly to the overall tuition fees. If you have exceptional circumstances and require additional financial assistance, an extended payment plan, or a reduced first tuition payment, please discuss directly with the admissions team during your admissions consultation.
US Military Veterans
ISM’s degree programs are officially recognized by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. U.S. military personnel interested in applying to a program through the Department of Veterans Affairs should contact the Admissions Office for additional information. The Department of Veteran Affairs website provides extensive details on the education benefits available to veterans in various statuses.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 11, 2018