Dual Master Degree of the IBSA Network
The International MBA is the German accredited degree program of the IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program which is offered by the International Business School Alliance (IBSA).
Participating in the program means that you finish your graduate studies with two degrees in only one year: An MBA from Bremen, plus another degree depending on your choice of the partner university.
It also means that you live in two different countries and study with a highly diverse student body. The first semester always consists of core modules. You can either study the core modules in Bremen, Germany and choose 1 out of 5 partner business specializations. Or set up your dual degree the other way round: Specialize in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and start at one of our five partner universities. In the 3rd term, you will write your master thesis about your specialization topic.
The standard of living in Bremen is high, but the costs are not. The city has a very long tradition as a hub of international trade. Because it is linked to the sea, many logistics companies have settled down here.
Students enjoy the many benefits of studying in Germany. One interesting fact, in particular, is that you can stay up to 18 months after graduation to look for a job.
IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program - Partner Universities
As an IBSA student, you can design your own path. There are 20 possible combinations of universities and specializations you can choose. That sounds like a lot, but it’s not a complicated decision:
There are 6 accredited degree programs forming the IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program. The IMBA is the German one.
Students start with the first term at any of the 6 partner universities belonging to the International Business School Alliance (IBSA) and have to change to a second IBSA-partner in the second term. The final research project in the third term is completed at this second IBSA-partner.
The Core Modules are the same everywhere. Every university has its own specialization.
You have a business-related undergraduate degree and at least one year of professional experience. Aside from that, you’re also ambitious and have a truly cosmopolitan mindset.
The students to whom this applies come from a large variety of cultural and professional backgrounds, which makes the IBSA-experience mind-expanding for every participant.
The main entry requirements are:
- An academic, business-related degree (bachelor)
- Proof of English proficiency* with TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 80 IBT points or IELTS (International Language Testing System) 6.5 points
- One year professional experience
Documents* required for applying:
- Copies of either birth certificate or passport
- Curriculum vitae
- A scan of official university transcripts
- Proof of your work experience
- Proof of English proficiency
- An essay outlining student's interest in the program
- A letter of recommendation (of employer or university)
- APS certificate for Chinese or Vietnamese applicants ONLY
* If regular copies are submitted, either certified copies of original documents should be presented upon enrolment. Original documents other than in English or German have to be translated for the application by a recognized translator.
Application Process MBA
If you want to specialize in one of our partners’ business specializations, you can apply here and start with the core modules in Germany at the IGC. But, If you want to study the Logistics and Supply Chain specialization, you have to start at one of our partner universities. Every partner has its own accredited degree program (see list below) as a part of the IBSA Dual Degree Master’s Program. You have to apply for the accredited degree program of your chosen partner university, where you want to start with the core modules. In the application process, you can then choose Bremen as your second university and Logistics and Supply Chain Management as your specialization. If you have any trouble with the application process or other questions, please, don’t hesitate to contact our program coordinator Angela Dunkhorst.
- International Graduate Center (Germany) – International MBA
- Universitat de Valencia (Spain) – International Master's Degree in Business Administration (iMBA)
- RANEPA Institute of Business Studies Moscow (Russia) – International Master in Management
- University of North Carolina Wilmington (USA) – International MBA
- University of Hertfordshire (UK) – Global Business