- Format: Part-time, Long Weekend
- Language: English
- Duration: 15 months
- Average Age: 35
- Participants: 25
The International Executive MBA is aimed at managers, professionals, and consultants who want to guide companies in the process of digital transformation and international growth, aware that these challenges will determine their competitive advantage in the near future. The Master brings digital innovation to the center of business decisions and the creation of value for brands, services, and consumers, developing a holistic approach to knowledge, setting digital skills free from exclusively technical and specialist discussion tables and instead relating them to the entire organization.
This systemic vision, supported by the wide knowledge base of the University of Bologna and by the direct contact with the companies of Italian excellence, translates into the ability to plan and govern digital transformation in all its processes: from strategy to big data analysis and performance, from service design to organization management.
Attending the International Executive MBA means carving out a leading role towards changing within companies. Those who live this experience are ready to tackle a challenge with themselves and become interlocutors able to influence decisions at the top of international realities. The program, in English, is divided into 39 residential of 3 days each (Thursday, Friday and Saturday, once a month) to meet the working needs of the participants. The lessons on the core themes of the Master are alternated with Hackathons, days designed to work in groups on specific topics dealt with during classes, Focus Session, to tackle cross-cutting themes of the digital business world and the International Week @ Silicon Valley, CA.
The future business route will be tracked by professionals able to accelerate the process of changing: book an interview with the Director of the Master to become part of it.
- Application deadline: December 16th, 2019
- Selection: On appointment
The International Executive MBA is a part-time program compatible with the working activity divided into 12 residential of 3 days each (Thursday, Friday and Saturday, once a month) to which is added an initial Hackaton Residential and a final one, for the preparation of the Project Work, in addition to a day dedicated to the presentation and discussion of the final Project Work.
The educational program is organized into 3 modules:
- Module 1: Business Fundamental
- Module 2: Digital Enabler
- Module 3: Digital Transformation
Each module includes courses, focus sessions, meetings with managers and professionals of the digital business world and preparation meetings aimed at developing the project work. The contents are structured to guarantee the succession of activities and to allow participants to deepen each individual area from time to time.
- Core courses: 12 core courses on specific topics and characterizing the module that develop over the three days that make up each residential;
- Focus sessions: 11 one-afternoon focus sessions at the end of each module on cross-cutting themes related to the digital business world;
- Distance learning: 45 weeks of distance learning during which the participants will have to re-elaborate the contents dealt with during each residential and, with the support and indications of the tutors, create a paper on each of the main topics dealt with during classes of core courses;
- Hackathons: 3 hackathons of a day during which the participants, divided into groups, work on specific business issues and critical issues. Each group receives an evaluation based on the work done and this result contributes to the final evaluation of the participant.
- Company Digital Business Analysis: At the end of module 1, the participants, divided into groups, will start the digital business analysis assigned to the company developing it during the training course (digital business innovation and digital business generation) and present it at the end of module 2. This analysis will be the object of evaluation and discussion, as well as being preparatory to the third phase represented by the final Project Work;
- Project work: The project work concludes the training program and consists in the realization of a final project which starts from the analyzes carried out and developed during the previous modules.
- Big Data & Analytics
- Business Strategy
- Digital Business (Re)Design
- Digital Business Design & Transformation
- Digital Infrastructure & Platforms
- Digital Marketing & Communication
- Financial and Business Performance Analytics
- Industry 4.0 & Additive Manufacturing
- Leadership in Digital Age
The Master’s study methodology alternates between classroom learning and remote practical activities on the School’s e-learning platform, constantly monitored by dedicated tutors.
Distance learning: The distance study activity, a weekly work plan on the e-learning platform of the School, represents a moment of individual study supervised by the reference tutor. The platform is equipped with a forum for sharing real-time reflections and insights between professors, tutors, and participants.
The Master is aimed at:
- managers, professionals and graduate consultants with more than 3 years of professional experience who want to boost their careers in the field of digital transformation, focusing on all aspects, from strategy to big data and performance analysis, from service design to management of the organization.
- managers, professionals and non-graduate consultants, required to have at least 5 years of professional experience, who have a strong interest in enhancing their careers in the field of digital transformation, focusing on all its aspects, from the strategy to big data and performance analysis, from service design to organization management.
The average expected professional experience is of 7-8 years, the average age is of 35 years.
The international Executive MBA is a master’s degree made up of people, in which formal and informal exchange opportunities are created to facilitate the circulation of ideas and experiences among all the participants. Networking is developed between students of the same class, between the participants and the professors, as well as with students of other programs and with the School community.
The program is characterized by an interdisciplinary approach that combines different teaching methods and application activities, useful for creating a network between participants and companies: Hackathon and Focus Session.
At the end of each module there are two different application activities lasting one day:
- Hackathon – A stimulating and exciting one-day competition in which the participants, divided into teams, will compete on specific business cases. The Hackathons will take place at partner companies’headquarters or at Bologna Business School.
- Focus Session – Specific Sessions with managers and professionals on cross-cutting themes related to the digital business world.
The International EMBA brings digital innovation to the center of business decisions and value creation for brands, services, and consumers by developing a holistic approach to knowledge, which frees up digital skills from exclusively technical and specialist discussion tables and instead connects them with the whole organization.
The registration fee for the Master’s course on a company basis is 32,000 Euro + VAT.
Reduced fees are available:
- for individual registration;
- for Business Network companies;
- for the BBS and Profingest alumni.
The registration fee includes:
- Free entry to the indoor gym
- Events of the BBS Community
- Computer lab
- Wireless network
- Access to company balance sheets’ database