Do you want to focus your education on the international aspects of business? The ESERP IMBA – International MBA in Madrid will allow you to learn from top professionals and considerably increase your range of employment options.
Thanks to ESERP’s complete study plan, you will learn everything you need to know about the organisation and finance of any company. You will learn how to negotiate for national and international business, as well how to position your brand in the market. Additionally, you will be able to manage logistics, devise marketing strategies, or evaluate other businesses.
It is taught entirely in English, helping you to use the business world’s most important language in a skilled manner. This, at the same time, means a greater ability to find a job in the future. In addition to managing a business or different divisions within a business, you can work as an analyst or consultant for your company or others, whether at the national level or beyond our borders.
Don’t wait any longer! Learn more about the IMBA – International MBA in Madrid with no further commitment.
- High-level capacity for organisation and management.
- The ability to adapt to technological change and innovation.
- The ability to provide strategic and operational plans for Senior Management.
- Critical analysis and capacity for abstract thinking.
- Efficiency in identifying, analysing, and solving problems.
- An open-minded approach to the socio-economic and cultural landscape.
This also includes a high level of cultural enrichment, personally as well as professionally, during the course of daily activities, that translates the cost of education into productivity for businesses and organisations.
Case-Study: Case studies are used to study the functional areas of a business, most of which deal with real problems that can occur in any company.
PMO: Management and support tools to transform a project into reality, with a global and dynamic vision of the environment that includes its strengths and weaknesses.
Inspireo Workshop/LEGO methodology: Improved entrepreneurship training by unleashing the potential of individuals in a creative and participatory work environment. Implemented through INSPIREO WORKSHOP.
Balanced Scorecard (design of business management strategies): Management model based on goals whose achievement is measured using business indicators.
Team Building: Students are divided into small working groups. Group work is a fundamental part of training future professionals to take on positions of responsibility.
Module 1. Economic control and optimisation of results. Economic analysis of managerial decisions.
- Basic Accounting Statements: Balance Sheet. Profit and Loss Account, Cash Flow Statement.
- Cost terms, job costing, activity-based costing (ABS), cost allocation, variable costing and absorption costing, cost-volume-profit analysis and decision making.
Module 2. Financial Management: Management strategy and value creation. Company assessments: mergers, procurement, joint – ventures.
- The goals & functions of financial management.
- Financial analysis.
- Working capital and financial decisions, ROI vs ROE.
Module 3. Legal & Tax treatment of managerial activities.
- National and international taxation framework.
- Registered Office. Taxpayer.
- Management legal responsibilities.
Module 4. The social agents: union and employee head offices. Negotiation.
- Performance development.
- Talent Supply.
- Strategic Business Partners.
Module 5. Management skills. Leadership and motivation. Management teams.
- Management styles.
- Managing high performance teams.
- The mentoring as a beneficial tool for professional development.
Module 6. Managerial ethics and social corporate responsibility.
- Ethics in management and the business disciplines.
- Responsibility beyond compliance with laws and regulations.
Module 7. Strategies and policies of marketing management.
- Understanding of the role of strategy in business.
- Internal analysis of the sector, market and buying motivation. Company auditing.
Module 8. Sales management: organisation of sales networks.
- Types of Business Department.
- CRM. Customer Relationship management.
- Social Media. Analysis and Measurement of social networks. Reputation.
Module 9. Globalisation and internationalisation of markets.
- Learning about the competitive dynamics of the global industry and the various theoretical frameworks available for analysing international industries.
Module 10. Production management, operations, logistic, and quality control.
- The importance of operations management and aligning it with business strategy.
- Quality dimensions and how to implement a Total Quality Management System in a company.
Module 11. Technological innovation in business.
- Introduce fundamentals of innovation and its influence on the competitiveness of the Organisations.
- Innovation management: models and trends.
Module 1: Marketing & Business industrial & services marketing.
- Marketing as a business philosophy.
- The marketing process from initial market analysis to the execution of plans and control.
- Marketing services as part of a strategic corporate development.
- The key theories and techniques employed by services companies.
Module 2: Research & Marketing Science: Consumer behaviour. Neuromarketing.
- Gain a framework for analysing consumer behaviour.
- How different customer behaviour can be used to decide on marketing strategies.
- Psychological and sociological influences on customer behaviour.
Module 3: Branding: Managing the brand value. Crisis resolution.
- Basic elements of branding.
- How to build & maintain a brand.
- Managing the Brand in Social Networks.
- “Marketing Mix”.
Module 4: Digital Marketing. Communication & Resources.
- How and why to use digital marketing within a larger marketing and/or media strategy.
- Digital marketing channels.
- Develop, evaluate, and execute a comprehensive digital marketing strategy and plan.
- How to measure digital marketing efforts and calculate ROI.
Module 5: Strategic & Operational Marketing Plan.
- Marketing Plan: tools & managing the commercial area. SWOT analysis.
- Company & market audit (actual position, future position & resources).
Module 6: Supply chain management in marketing.
- Manufacturing basics.
Module 7: Sales forecast. Price policy. Profits & Contribution margin.
- Introduction to forecasting methodology.
- Qualitative & Quantitative Methods.
- Big data.
Module 8: a Legal framework.
- Intellectual property.
Module 9: Products strategy and brand positioning: globalization and decision making.
- External & Internal analysis.
- Competitive advantage. Activity Plan.
- Contingency plan.
Module 10: Global marketing. Newmarket & export subsidies.
- The importance of internationalisation in the global economy.
- Analysis of the social, political and economic situation.
Module 11: Team management: leadership & empowerment.
- Motivation and leading people.
- Dealing with conflict productively.
- Evaluation and reward team performance.
- Working in multi-cultural teams.
- Evaluating your emotional intelligence & improving your coaching skills.
Module 12: Salesforce management. Negotiation & key account role.
- Change the mindset from compromise, give and take, to systematic decision-based negotiation.
- The main laws and principals that rule human behaviour and influence the decision-making process.
(*)The content of the programme, schedule, or materials may be altered due to changes in academic planning.
(*)The order of the modules is for purposes of orientation in regards to the scheduling of the Master’s programme.
The programme will give you the ability to develop your professional activities in different areas, such as:
- General management and strategic planning.
Accounting management. Purchasing management. Administrative-Financial Management. Product Manager, Sales Manager and Brand Manager. Production Management. Logistics, quality control, and supply. Project management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2018