Global MBA & Yourself
Do you want to design your own MBA? Then MBA Yourself is your best option. This MBA modality allows you to choose those training modules and international experiences that best suit your needs. So you will get the most out of all MBA subjects.
What will you get after the MBA?
- You will acquire a global vision of the operation of the company, as well as the relationship and importance of the different elements and areas that form it.
- You will understand the environment and the organization as a key interrelated whole in the detection of business opportunities.
- You will acquire a strategic and integrative vision of the organization that facilitates decision making.
- You will understand and learn to interpret the key financial economic concepts in business management.
- You will develop core competencies and skills for organizational talent management .
- You will visualize the client as the epicenter of business management to guide actions towards their satisfaction.
- You will develop innovative business plans through the promotion of entrepreneurship.
- You will deepen the design and implementation of digital business models that foster an organizational culture oriented to new technological challenges.
Headway / Unsplash
The combination of a methodological mix based on three axes is proposed: Training - Experiences - Professional development. Through this methodology, it is possible to facilitate and adapt learning to the needs of an increasingly demanding competitive environment that requires continuous learning and relearning.
How do the training sessions take place?
- Face-to-face sessions. Fundamentally practical teaching, based on the professional experiences of the teachers and the acquisition of validated methodologies and work models.
- Practical cases. Discussion and realization of practical cases, through which the students will work as a team and will be able to propose solutions applying the acquired knowledge.
- Virtual campus. Virtual platform where students will find the necessary resources to solve practical cases. It is also a tool to facilitate group communication and is a meeting place to discuss, consult and propose topics of interest.
- Online tutorials. Through the virtual platform, students will be able to answer questions and maintain contact with the faculty staff.
- Technology. We will rely on different technology solutions that will allow participants to experiment with real tools, currently used by companies in their digital transformation processes.
How is experiential learning promoted?
- Outdoor Training Activity carried out outside the classroom that aims to deepen the fundamental managerial competencies in organizations in contexts of uncertainty and complexity (leadership, teamwork, innovation, resilience, executive intelligence, communication, conflict resolution, etc.).
- Inhouse cases. We will make real cases in companies in the area of different sectors (footwear, retail, luxury, logistics, industrial, services, toys, tourism, technology, etc.) and typologies (SMEs and multinationals) where in addition to visiting and knowing the facilities of each company, MBA participants will try to solve a real challenge of the company led by a manager of the same. Inhouse cases will be an excellent opportunity to test the knowledge and methodologies acquired in the MBA, as well as being an opportunity to develop networking with companies in the area.
- International Experiences (Global MBA mode). If you opt for a Global MBA you can complement your studies with “International Experiences” with three modalities of Study Trips: Silicon Valley, Georgetown and China.
The FBS Business School methodology is eminently practical: it focuses fully on the maximum of "Learning by doing", that is, learning by doing. The methodology that is followed in all FBS MBA programs is the Case Method, through the which students should prepare and offer solutions to practical assumptions, putting the student in the face of decision making. This methodology requires a very well trained cloister in this technique, since the classes have to become authentic forums of shared knowledge.
Structure of the program
The MBA program at FBS Business School is divided into three periods.
The Leveling period starts a few weeks before the official date of the MBA. In this period of voluntary assistance, students receive classes in accounting fundamentals, use of Office tools and other subjects that can help in the realization of the program.
The MBA period is divided into the following parts or phases:
Fundamentals: An essential revision from the current panorama of essential aspects for managerial development, providing a 360º business vision.
Advanced: Deepening in managerial skills and abilities through content ranging from Big Data to International Trade. SPECIALIZATION: The last period consists of a specialization by areas of the company, such as General Management, Financial Management, Human Resources Management or others .
Project: Elaboration of a Project of Creation of company in which to apply the learned thing with the support and the individualized monitoring of a tutor.
Personal career plan: Accompaniment for the planning of the Strategic Career Development Plan of the student. Employability is one of the most important characteristics of the FBS MBA.
When students graduate, they can go to training Complementos. In this period of voluntary assistance students expand their knowledge of Digital Business, with subjects centered on Digital Ecosystem, Vision and Digital Strategy, Business Models in Digital Environments, Technological Disruption and Design Thinking, Digital Marketing and ecommerce and HR Management in environments digital, as well as Digital Finance.
Among the complementary subjects, a language improvement module is added.
The FBS MBA has among its objectives not only the acquisition of knowledge and decision tools, but also the development of personal skills or soft skills.
Outdoor. For a couple of days the cases and notes for other dynamics are changed in a learning environment outside the school and totally different from the usual one that emphasizes the importance of leadership and teamwork.
Strategies for effective communication. The objective of this workshop is to learn to communicate to achieve the objectives we want. Developing a good communication strategy allows you to communicate effectively.
Visits to companies. They aim to bring the business reality to students. The visits give students the opportunity to make contact with people, processes and business realities that provide them with updated knowledge and allows them to know the application of their career in professional practice.
Days of professional application. During the training in Fundesem, the student will be able to attend conferences, seminars and workshops, led by professional speakers from the business world. The objective of these days is to enrich the student's learning, be up-to-date with the latest business news and learn about the latest trends in job search. Knowing the profiles most valued by companies can help students focus their professional career.
Development of managerial talent. The FBS methodology allows students to develop managerial skills and abilities, addressing real business problems. This methodology favors teamwork for the resolution of cases, integration and enrichment with the contributions and experiences of colleagues.
Networking Relationships with teachers and classmates are essential to start developing a career within any sector.
Throughout the development of the master the student will participate in various workshops and workshops to complete their training.
Innovation. A workshop built to facilitate the processes, tools and vision necessary to innovate. It offers the student the possibility to learn, in a practical way, a method of co-creation, research and innovation.
Make professional competencies visible. Throughout the course, workshops and training sessions are scheduled to help students improve their accessibility or growth in the labor market.
Motivated teams Productive teams In the right direction of these teams lies the productivity of the company and for this it is necessary that new leaders acquire and develop various skills such as positive communication, emotional intelligence, recognition, etc.
Professional application days. During the MBA the student can attend conferences, seminars and workshops, led by professional speakers from the business world.
The faculty of FBS is made up of top-level professionals from the business world, with extensive experience in the professional field, as well as in teaching, research, consulting and consulting.
The teaching team has experience in management positions of national and multinational companies, as well as a great pedagogical preparation, which enables them to teach the subjects about companies in which they are experts.These professionals impart their knowledge, derived from the practice professional, in our MBA programs giving students a global vision, accurate and faithfully adapted to the reality of the company.
At FBS we help the student so that he can plan his professional career taking the most appropriate decisions, as well as so that he can design and carry out his main objectives.
Through various services (Career Advisor, Coaching & Mentoring, Seminars and Workshops and Labor Orientation) the student is accompanied to design and execute a Strategic Plan for Career Development. Similarly, there is access to an employment exchange that puts Contact students in the process of seeking employment or who want to improve their current work, with recruiters, talent scouts or the right companies
Some Career Development data are the following:
- 4 of 5 students who do internships with finally hired by the same companies
- 95% of the students of the MBA of FBS improve or change employment within two years after the completion of the master
- More than 600 companies have applied for positions to Fundesem students
- 130 students were hired by companies in the last academic year 2017/18
FBS is a non-profit foundation whose objective is the development of professionals and companies. Therefore, the foundation offers a series of scholarships to candidates for MBA programs, so that any student truly committed to their training can complete the MBA without economic problems. In addition, FBS has very advantageous financing agreements with several financial entities.
What the students say
About the School
The origins of Fundesem go back to 1965, when the School was created to meet the demand for a new generation of professionals. Since then and until now, we have defended the value of effort and the de ... Read More