The Global MBA is a special graduate curriculum for managers who hold or seek business leadership positions in the Americas.
This is a graduate program which provides:
- a. a regional focus on managing business throughout the Americas;
- b. a global perspective through travel and selected real business cases focused on strategy in the major business regions of the world;
- c. an international leadership and team building challenge through teamwork in a unique international cohort, and;
- d. a dual degree MBA (Latin America)/Master of Global Management (U.S.).
The program is a joint-venture of four prestigious business schools: IESA, Caracas; ITAM, Mexico City; Tulane University, New Orleans, and Universidad de Los Andes, Bogota. MBA students of these partner schools enroll in a special global module comprised of 6 three-hour courses offered in five different countries. The global module is offered off of the normal academic calendar to accommodate travel and accelerated graduate study.
These courses focus on international leadership, teambuilding, and global business strategy. A team-based international marketing and enterprise valuation (Burkenroad Reports for Latin America) project will be executed over the duration of the module. Upon completion of this program, participants receive the MBA from their home institution and the Master of Global Management from Tulane University.
Participants will travel in an international cohort for experiential learning and graduate study in the US, Mexico, Colombia, Spain, and China.
The global module will be taught by Tulane faculty and faculty of partner schools. The following courses will comprise the global module. The program activities will begin with a local orientation program at each participating school. Students will be invited to their local campus for a briefing on the curriculum, travel, calendar, finances, etc.
- Applicants must be admitted to a graduate program at IESA, ITAM,
Tulane University or U. de Los Andes.
- Applicants must be proficient in English. Proficiency will be assessed by score on language proficiency tests administered by the local graduate program.
- Applicants must have at least three years of managerial experience.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree (or the equivalent).
- Students enrolled in the Global MBA dual-degree program must complete the requirements for both degrees in order to receive either degree.
Applicants from associated graduate programs may be considered if they have completed a graduate-level course in each of the topics: economics, quantitative methods, accounting, finance, marketing, and organizational behavior.
Graduates of the programs at IESA, ITAM, Tulane, and U. de Los Andes within the past five years are eligible to apply to the Global MBA.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 21, 2017