Global Healthcare Management MBA (GHCM MBA) Program Overview
1. Field: Healthcare Management
2. Degree: Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management
3. Prospective Students
- Managers of University Hospitals, Hospitals in Public and Civil Sectors
- Physicians, Nurses, and Hospital Administrative Staffs
- Employees in Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Government Employees in Ministry of Health, Welfare & Family Affairs and Related Organizations in Public and Civil Sectors
- Others Interested in Healthcare Management
4. Requirement for Graduation: 14 Courses (45 credits)
5. Program Duration: Two Academic Years (4 Semesters)
The main objective of the Program is to produce professional managers in healthcare business who have knowledge and skills in healthcare services management in the era of globalization of healthcare markets.
Specific objectives include :
- Understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles in healthcare management
- Development of ability to solve problems in a creative and integrative fashion to improve healthcare service quality and to enhance customer satisfaction
- Development of ability to formulate management strategies to increase efficiency and competitive strengths in healthcare industry
- Development of ability to set up foreign market entry strategies for domestic healthcare organizations
- Interdisciplinary approach to combine healthcare services and management
- Application of theories through a variety of case studies and team projects
- Carrying out research projects on current issues in healthcare businesses
- Guest lectures by healthcare industry experts
Healthcare Management in the Era of Globalization
With opening of the Korean healthcare market, many foreign healthcare organizations are expected to enter the Korean market. Also, customers’ expectation for the quality of healthcare service is continuously getting higher these days. As a result of these macro and micro changes, competition in healthcare industry is expected to be increasingly intense in the near future.
Therefore, it is urgent for many healthcare organizations to secure competitive advantages through improvement of healthcare and non-healthcare service, efficient management of human resources, and improvement of healthcare processes. It is also required that healthcare organizations develop strategies to enter foreign markets entry strategies with competitive strengths.
In this era of globalization, competent professional managers equipped with knowledge and skills in healthcare service are indispensable for successful management of healthcare organizations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 13, 2017