The part-time Global Executive MBA is jointly offered by the WU Executive Academy, Vienna University of Economics and Business and the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota.
2 MBA degrees, 1 program
The Executive MBA starts annually in spring. Participants of the program receive two MBA degrees, an American and a European degree. The program belongs to the elite circle of MBA programs to hold the triple-crown accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA), is top-listed in international rankings and taught in English.
The WU Executive MBA focuses on general management and leadership issues. Emphasis is placed on the impact of globalization, the development of appropriate corporate strategies, the management of change processes and the acquisition of solid financial management skills.
16 months | 45 days |3 continents
During 16 months and only 45 working days off-the-job, participants work on three continents and earn degrees from two leading business schools in America and Europe. 16 modules of four days each are taught in Vienna and are embedded in two-weeks pre- and post module distance learning phases. There are also three international field studies in Latin America, Asia and the USA.
Global Team Project
A particular highlight of the program is the participation in a global team project. The Global Team Project unites Executive MBA participants of three world-class business schools: The WU Executive Academy (Austria), the Carlson School of Management (USA), and the Lingnan (University) College (China).
Students brought together in virtual teams not only work on a highly demanding topic but also face the inherent challenges of working across cultures and in three different time zones. Each team works on a project aimed at introducing a product or service to a new overseas market or a new product or service into an existing market. During the USA residency, all virtual teams gather to present their respective business plans at the end of the Executive MBA program in Minneapolis.
Moreover, the WU Executive MBA is top listed in international rankings. In the current Financial Times Executive MBA ranking, the Global Executive MBA of the WU Executive Academy has achieved an excellent overall result.
- Executive Academy of Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (Austria)
- Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota (USA)
Executives with a university degree and at least 5 years work experience and leadership experience.
- Managing People & Organizations
- Data Analysis & Decision Making
- Financial Accounting
- Economies in Transition (Russia)
- Managerial Accounting
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Financial Management Business
- Government & Macroeconomics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Managing Globalization (China)
- Information Technology Management (India)
- Corporate and Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Negotiation & Conflict Management
- Global Strategies and Innovation (USA)
- Contemporary Issues in Global Business
Part-time, 16 months, blocked modules (4 days)
45 days off the job
- Argentinia & Brazil
- China and India
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) awarded by the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Vienna)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) awarded by the University of Minnesota
About the School
The WU Executive Academy, the business school of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) brings more than 100 years of experience and an excellent reputation to the field of executive edu ... Read More