Cameron Macdonald studied on the Full-time MBA programme at Cass Business School. In this video, he tells us how he was looking to be challenged and how he developed his leadership skills through the Cass Expeditionary Society.
About the Full-time MBA
Challenge yourself. Our immersive 12-month MBA programme is led by inspiring faculty and business practitioners and based in the heart of the City of London.
You’ll expand your skills and knowledge through intensive learning and practical application. Lectures, workshops and live projects. Overseas expeditions and international consultancy projects. Work with an exceptional cohort from around the world as you develop in leadership and team-building, decision-making, business sensitivity and adaptability.
Your one-year MBA at Cass Business School prepares you for the next stage in your career journey, whatever direction you choose. You’ll gain invaluable links to international businesses and successful alumni, and continuing access to professional development and life-long learning.
The MBA programme is a transformational experience with a focus on practical application through integrated learning and live case studies.
The first six months are designed to provide a solid foundation to build your understanding and knowledge of different business themes with integration weeks to put theory into practice. The latter part allows you to tailor your learning specifically to your needs with electives and transition careers with a major piece of self-managed consultancy.
Alongside this, we place a strong emphasis on developing a range of soft skills preparing you for future challenges in a competitive global business environment.
July: Pre-programme activities
- Your journey at Cass begins once you accept your place, with access to pre-study modules and online community networks.
- Three weeks of team building activities with the Professional Development team, Course Director and cohort to prepare you for the year ahead.
September: Block one - Strategy and Organisations
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge in strategy within businesses with block one of your core modules.
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Organisational Behaviour
- Integration Week
October: Professional Development Week - Achieving your Potential
- Embark on a week-long journey of leadership, followership and partnership skills development at the world-renowned Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.
November: Block two - The Financial Environment
- Core modules continue in the financial sector where you will understand concepts in investments, analytics and global economics.
- Markets for Investments
- Analytics for Business
- Business in the Global Economy
- Integration Week
November: Strategy Project
- Apply the theories learnt from the first two blocks and provide strategic analysis to an external company in London.
- Covering the topics from the first two blocks, exams are a big proportion of your personal assessment.
January: Block three - Creating Management Advantage
- Delivered by the Faculty of Management, you will discover management skills that are essential to any business.
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Management
- Integration Week
February: Block four - Knowledge and Policy
- The final block of core modules explores corporate issues and prepares you for an evolving business environment.
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- Digital Technologies and Business Innovation
- Integration Week
- Similar to the January exams, these will cover what you have studied in Block 3 and 4.
April: International Consultancy Week
- Placed in a fast-paced growing foreign market, you will provide consultancy and create viable business solutions to organisations.
- Tailor your experience on the Full-time MBA with options to concentrate your knowledge on specific areas or keep it general.
May: Business Mastery Project
- The final piece of your MBA is a major self-managed project in the industry you are looking at post-MBA. Delivered either as an internship, research project, business plan or consultancy.
- Upon successful completion of the Full-time MBA, you will celebrate with your cohort at a world-class centre, The Barbican.
- As a Cass alumnus, you are entitled to one free elective every year. If you missed a subject or need skills in a new area, return to the classroom to keep upskilling.
Why a Cass MBA?
Your MBA is an investment of time and money to further your career. You’ve got one opportunity to get it right.
Choose Cass for your Full-time MBA and benefit from:
- Our outstanding reputation as a top-ranked global business school
- The latest academic research and industry knowledge from our renowned faculty, drawn from academics, policymakers, entrepreneurs and business practitioners
- The Cass ‘practical application’ learning approach – apply new theory immediately with integration weeks, the international consultancy trip and the strategy project
- Our collaborative learning environment, with small immersive classes
- Learning you can customise, with a wide range of elective concentrations
Thriving business hubs
- Our unrivalled locations – in London, close to the City’s financial core and the new tech belt centred on Silicon Roundabout
- Access to our campus in the Dubai International Financial Centre, the leading financial hub for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia
- The only global business school to have a dedicated Mergers & Acquisitions Research Centre
- Your chance to develop an explorer’s mindset, ready to read and respond to rapidly changing business environments, by joining the Cass Expeditionary Society
- Access to the £10million Cass Entrepreneurship Fund for high potential early-stage businesses
- Joining, and learning with, an international and diverse network of ambitious professionals
- International electives in over nine locations to give a truly global perspective
The Cass community
- Continuous support and guidance from dedicated professional staff and alumni mentors throughout your one-year journey
- Our integrated careers service, with professional development built into the curriculum and support that continues after graduation
- Continued learning with alumni access to one free elective each year
- Our global alumni network of over 48,000+ alumni across 162 countries who you can connect with throughout your career, plus links to international businesses
Full-time MBA tuition fee (September 2020 start): £44,000.
For self-financing students, tuition fees can be paid in two instalments.
- Application fee: £100
- Full tuition fees: £44,000
- Deposit: £5,000 (Paid to secure your place)
- First instalment: £17,000 (Fees excluding deposit, paid at registration in September)
- Second instalment: £22,000 (Remaining fees paid in January)
Please note that fees are subject to change.
City graduate loyalty discount
We are delighted to offer a 10% tuition fee reduction to City, University of London alumni who achieved 2.1 or above in their Bachelor’s degree, or a Master’s degree, and who meet all entry criteria for the programme. We also waive the £100 application fee for City, University of London alumni.
University of London graduate discount
We are also thrilled to offer a 10% tuition fee reduction to all University of London alumni who achieved 2.1 or above in their Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree, and who meet all entry criteria for the programme. We also waive the £100 application fee.
Paying your deposit
If we make you an unconditional offer, your offer letter will contain a personalised link which will enable you to accept your offer and pay a deposit of £5,000 by the deadline stated in your offer letter. This deposit can be paid by credit or debit card, or by bank transfer, and is deducted from your first instalment. If you are 100% sponsored by your company, we can normally waive the deposit on receipt of a completed sponsorship form (SP1). Please note that your place on the MBA will not be secured until we have received your deposit (or SP1 form, if you are 100% sponsored).
Applications for the 2020 intake of our Full-time MBA are now open.
As soon as you submit a fully completed application it will be processed so there is no need to wait until the next deadline.
Once your application is complete and meets our entry requirements, it will be reviewed by the admissions panel and if successful you will be invited for an interview with a member of faculty.
The whole process from complete application to final decision typically takes 3-4 weeks.
- Round 5: 22nd March 2020
- Round 6 *: 3rd May 2020
- Round 7: 14th June 2020
- Round 8 **: Rolling applications
* If you require a Tier 4 visa then we strongly recommend you submit your application to us by Round 6 at the latest.
** Rolling applications will only run if there are still places available.
Six reasons to apply early
- There is more funding available for scholarships and awards in the earlier rounds.
- A waitlist is operated in the final months once the cohort nears capacity.
- You will have the first choice of university accommodation.
- It leaves more time to prepare for the upcoming year e.g. visa application, work commitments.
- There will be additional pre-programme events you will be invited to.
- It provides extra time to connect with future classmates.
You will automatically be considered for a financial award of up to 30% of the fees, however, if you wish to be considered for a 50% fee scholarship then you must complete the additional scholarship essays that are included in Full-time MBA application form.
Please note, The Coca-Cola Foundation Women's Leadership Scholarship follows a separate application process.
If you require a Tier 4 visa then we strongly recommend you apply by round 6 at the latest.
- A minimum of three years' full-time professional experience, gained after graduation
- A good university degree (upper second class honours degree (2:1) or above) or appropriate professional qualification. Alternatively, at least six years' relevant business experience if you do not have a degree
- Experience of working in multicultural teams and an international outlook
A completed online application form
- The application form is completed online as designed to allow you to complete it over several sessions allowing to submit when you are ready.
- Personal statement and supporting questions. Please note we have specific questions which are available in the online application.
- Your one or two page CV is uploaded as part of the online application form. Please provide reasons for significant gaps in employment history within the application. Please see our recommended CV template.
- All applicants to the Full-time MBA are required to take either GMAT or GRE. You should aim for a well-balanced minimum GMAT score of 600 or for an equivalent minimum score in GRE.
- You can submit an application before you take the test as long as you provide your confirmed test date on your application form. You will need to send us the test booking confirmation together with your application.
- To send your GMAT score report to Cass please use 2C2 - R0 – 50 or GRE score report use code 9646
- Two supporting references. These can either be from your current employer, a previous employer or a client.
Proof of your English language ability
- If English is not your first language you will need to submit a well- balanced IELTS score of 7.0.
- In some cases the English requirement can be waived, please contact our Admissions team for more information.
Copy of your university documents
- Your degree certificate and transcript for each degree you have studied. We require certified translated copies of each document if they are not in English.
- An application processing fee of £100. The fee is waived for City, University of London or Cass Business School alumni.
Tier 4 visa
- Incoming students who do not possess an EEA passport might require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
- City, University of London retains Highly Trusted Status from UK Border Agency (UKBA), enabling us to sponsor international students to study in the UK.
- In order to apply for a Tier 4 visa, you must obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Cass Business School, City, University of London. CAS statements will be issued by City, University of London.
Career and Professional Development Centre
Dedicated to your success
At the Career and Professional Development Centre, our aim is to offer training and guidance in employability skills enabling you to make the most of your MBA and increase your chances in the jobs market. We will guide you on how to prepare and implement your strategy to achieve your own career objectives, whether you are progressing in your current career or changing direction.
The support we offer can be tailored to your individual needs and career objectives through our comprehensive range of lectures, workshops, personal advice and online resources. Our self-assessment sessions will help evaluate your strengths, motivations and values, and enable you to relate these to your career strategy.
At Cass we engage with institutions in a variety of ways; one of the benefits of being in the heart of the City of London.
Our students have a wealth of opportunities to build relationships through the diverse ways in which organisations engage with our talent.
For example, we host conferences, hold recruitment presentations, have round table ‘coffee chats’, companies provide dissertation projects and engage with our students through clubs and societies.
Institutions that have engaged with us recently include:
Credit Suisse, London Stock Exchange, Deloitte, Accenture, HSBC, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Macquarie Bank, Bain & Co, Bank of England, Nomura, Blackrock, Uber, BNP Paribas, Wells Fargo, Morgan Stanley, Amazon, Nespresso, Kraft Heinz, Capco, PwC, EY, GSK, Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group, Societe Generale, RBC Asset Management.
The Cass Business School Full-time MBA Class of 2018 reported significant career impact three months after graduation*:
- 93% of those seeking employment received a job offer within three months of graduation
- 73% changed job function post-MBA
- 58% changed industry post-MBA
Not only will you gain invaluable business knowledge, key abilities and skills, but also have access to leading careers support and advice.
*Data presented was collected from graduates who completed the career’s survey post-graduation.
From the start of term, you will work with a member of the Careers Team who will be available to support you throughout your time at Cass. In particular, they will help you focus on your job search strategy as well as providing you with expert CV, interview and networking advice. Industry specialists and career coaches are also available to help build a clear picture of your career options.
Cass Careers Online
Cass Careers Online (CCO) is your personal career management tool. With everything from booking events to job vacancies, you'll find invaluable assistance to aid every step of your career search.
CCO enables you to:
- View and book upcoming careers events and workshops
- Apply for jobs, projects and work placements and keep track of your applications
- View company profiles and information
- Choose to allow employers to view your CV by having it featured in our MBA CV Book
On Thursdays, you take a break from core modules and focus on all your career-related activities. This could involve conducting networking meetings or informational interviews, researching your target sector or company, writing applications, tailoring your CV, taking part in a mock interview or attending professional development workshops in smaller groups.
Professional development workshops
Our wide range of workshops forms the backbone of any serious career strategy. They provide opportunities to develop invaluable employability skills in a highly focused, professional environment.
About the School
One of City, University of London’s 5 specialist schools, Cass Business School is among Europe's leading business schools. Holding a prestigious gold standard 'triple-crown' accreditation, it’s also o ... Read More