Why is it important to study the Executive MBA?
This program allows professionals with extensive managerial experience the opportunity to hone their skills, abilities and knowledge to multiply the impact on their organizations and society.
Participants in the EMBA at the University of the Andes are a diverse, multidisciplinary and excellence oriented group. They are socially responsible people, with leadership skills, ability to work, rigorous, highly motivated, with ability to influence and project businesses to the most demanding international stage.
What makes us different?
Concentration on the development of the person:
Double the time spent above because nowadays technical knowledge is key but the day to day management is full of challenges interaction.
The methodology is diverse:
- Case method in a quarter of the courses for their content lend themselves to the successful use of the case method
- Team work
- Virtual forums
- Recordings and other teaching resources.
- Four international weeks in the offer;
- Adolfo Ibáñez University in Santiago de Chile, and IE, renowned academic destination in Madrid.
- Babson College in USA
- LSE, the London School of Economics in England
- International Weeks of Global Management offered in India, Mexico, Paris, Shanghai and New Orleans.
The program's approach is consistently strategic, Networking and Community EMBA. Friendship arises again in this space. The fact of being bi-weekly with peers who share ideals and values nurtured by insoluble form new bonds. In this environment the possibility of really open to new concepts and experiences is cultivated. It is observed that relations are maintained through the five-year periods, and creating a network of both business and cultural contacts called the "EMBA Community".
Who can study?
The Executive MBA is a program designed for senior executives from different functional areas of multinational companies and entrepreneurs or owners of medium and large enterprises. The program involved leaders from different nationalities, thus enriching the exchange of experiences and perspectives and creating a network of both business and cultural contacts called the "EMBA Community". minimum of 10 years in managerial positions 8 years work experience.
Selection process and requirements
- Payment of registration fees. COP $ 520,000.
- Filling out the online form
- Delivery of documentation.
- Admission Test.
- Two interviews.
- Visa to study if foreign student.
- Students entrench its values, promote ethical behavior, and share value in their organizations and communities.
- Students will evaluate the environment, focusing on Latin America to identify opportunities for growth and value creation.
- Students will develop their leadership and strengthen their own security.
- Students will gain knowledge of the functional areas of management.
- Students will expand their critical perspective.
Graduates of the EMBA lives a personal and professional product acquired the academic structure transformation, interactive experience with peers, and questioning emerged during the same program, which will contribute to its consolidation as a leader in the workplace and beyond. It internalize a strategic, innovative and sustainable approach to developing its organization and guidelines for their own lives. It will address the future of a safer and mature way.
Faculty of Management Universidad de los Andes made an agreement with universities IESA (Venezuela), ITAM (Mexico) and Tulane (USA) to offer the program GLOBAL MANAGEMENTa students and recent graduates who possess or seek MBAs leadership positions in organizations. Students who enrolled, and receive the title of Master in Management Faculty, receive the title of Master of Global Management awarded by Tulane University.
The Global Management offers an international approach in the management of organizations; and allows for a global perspective, not only through real business cases focused on strategy in the major regions at the enterprise level, but also of the trips made during the program. In addition, it introduces students to the challenge of building teams and developing strategic international leadership through teamwork in a unique and multicultural cohort.
The program consists of six courses in English, of one week each, which are held in different cities and countries, over a period of 18 months. These courses focus on international leadership, teambuilding, and global business strategy. During the module a project of international marketing and business valuation runs.
Candidates must be students or graduates of the last 5 years of MBAs of the participating universities, have at least 3 years of work experience and fluent in English. Students who enroll in the dual degree must meet the requirements for both degrees in order to receive them.
Program taught in: