Management expertise in Health Care earned at one of the best universities in the world.
The Executive MBA Health Care Management focuses on strengthening the management competence of service providers, especially healthcare professionals, on a scientific basis. It enables graduates to master all the essential requirements of a dynamic market.
- Top qualification for physicians, pharmacists, lawyers and other professionals in the health sector
- Comprehensive knowledge transfer
- Well-known lecturers from theory and practice
- Internationally oriented
- Mediation of social competences
- Approved, academic degree MBA
- Excellent career prospects
- In addition to the profession to complete
- Exciting place of study in a charming environment
- Membership in the HEALTH EBS network and the EBS community
- 90 ECTS
Structure & content
- Degree : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Duration of study : 4 semesters
- Language : German / English
- Start of study : Annually in September and February
- ECTS : 90
- Specialization : Health Care Management
The course is modular. 12 modules are divided into two study levels.
Study Level 1 comprises economic science and health economic modules in 21 days of attendance. With successful completion of the first study stage, students also receive the certificate "Health Economist (EBS)". This section of the study is congruent with the Intensive Study of Health Economist. Currently: 25 ECTS.
Study Stage 2 focuses on General Management topics. It comprises eight modules, two of which relate exclusively to health economics issues.
Study level 2 currently comprises 42 attendance days spread over 14 months. This includes a one-week study visit to the Business School of the University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) - Cape Town, South Africa.
The final step is the preparation and presentation of the Master Thesis. There are currently 65 ECTS credits for study level 2. ** Language of instruction ** are German and English
Study Level 2 - Contents
- Module 1: Market-Oriented Management
- Module 2: International Health Care Management (USB Stellenbosch in South Africa)
- Module 3: Macroeconomic Perspective
- Module 4: Leadership Techniques & Management
- Module 5: Health Care Management Instruments
- Module 6: Basic Legal Principles
- Module 7: Cost-Oriented Management
- Module 8: Business Management
- University degree, FH degree, usually in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, psychology, law or other areas that are related to the health sector. The qualifying first degree must have a minimum of 210 ECTS credits. Applicants who have a first degree of 180 ECTS credits may, upon application, take up employment with a maximum of 30 ECTS credits per year or with a maximum of 45 ECTS credits per year.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, evidenced by work certificates and, if applicable, letters of recommendation. In justified cases and on request, an earlier entry is also possible.
- Good command of English: The EMBA HCM study requires good knowledge of English from any applicant, so a language test is a prerequisite for admission. All language proofs can be provided externally or at the EBS. The EBS recognizes a variety of standardized language tests. The following English proofs are recognized by us:
- Language Test (Minimum Entry Score)
- TOEFL iBT (83)
- TOEFL ITP (560)
- IELTS (6.5)
- ESOL (FCE grade A or B)
Native speakers or applicants who have an English-language degree can be exempted from the English certificate upon request.
- Written explanation of personal motivation for participation in the Executive MBA Health Care Management degree
- Personal aptitude interview with a member of the scientific board
Please submit the following documents to the Health Care Management Institute (HCMI):
- application Form
- Application for the study administration (informal)
- Reason for personal motivation to participate in the EMBA HCM
- Curriculum vitae with details of the educational path and previous professional career
- Proof of professional experience (in the form of references or references)
- certified copies of the certificates
- Proof of the ECTS Credits achieved so far
- Proof of good English language skills *
- Electronic passport photo
*Proof of good command of English in the form of a TOEFL test or equivalent (eg internal language tests at the EBS Business School) can be provided until the start of the 3. Be submitted later.
They study at one of the top business schools worldwide: EBS University regularly achieves top rankings in university rankings.
The world is changing rapidly, we are preparing you for it: we provide you with the necessary skills and methodical skills to enable you to assume leadership and social responsibility in a highly dynamic environment.
You learn how to behave safely in a digitized environment: programming languages, professional data analysis or information management, we teach you the appropriate skills that allow you to take advantage of the potential of a digitized world and also go new ways.
You will win twice over: With the study program "International Dual Degree" you will receive two degrees from two renowned universities. The Bachelor of Science of EBS and the completion of the partner university attended in the last three semesters.
You complete your studies completely in English: At EBS you study at an international level and in an international environment, which is why all lectures and courses take place in English.
You gain practical knowledge with real added value: Even during your studies, you benefit from our network of highly attractive corporate partners. We offer internships in companies like Accenture, BCG, BMW, Danone, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, L'Oreal, Morgan Stanley, P & G, PWC and others. In addition, our Career Services Center provides you with intensive support during your career start and establishes contacts with company representatives during your studies.
You gain international experience at some of the best universities in the world: you spend the first three semesters at EBS and then switch to a foreign partner university for the rest of your studies.
You benefit from a high level of learning quality: In small groups with a clear practical relevance and numerous case studies, you will achieve optimal learning success. Our unique coaching program and the comprehensive curriculum for individual personality development prepare you perfectly for your career.
As a graduate of EBS, you will achieve an above-average starting salary: studying at EBS pays off right at the beginning of your career. The average starting salary of our Bachelor graduates is 56,000 euros (Employment Report 2016).
With our studies you are in demand on the job market: 85% of graduates receive their first job offer during their studies or at the latest 3 months after graduation (Employment Report 2016).
About the School
Under the umbrella of the private, state-recognised EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht you will find a programme portfolio that is unique across Germany consisting of Bachelors, Law, Masters and ... Read More