Our MBA Master of Business Administration (Executive) course members have the potential to become leaders and typically have 8-15 years of management experience (although candidates with a minimum of five years may be accepted).
Completing the Nottingham Executive MBA is a powerful statement about your career aspirations and desire to develop a global perspective on business.
- Combine intensive study with a demanding career
- Be tested and question what you do
- Experience a high-level business management education that you can apply to your current role
- Study alongside experienced business professionals from all over the world and build broader networks
The Nottingham MBA is globally ranked and the school is among the few in the UK to achieve both EQUIS and AMBA accreditations. We are recognised as one of the world's top schools for integrating sustainability issues into all our MBA programmes.
- AMBA has accredited our MBA programmes since 1993, which ensures that all Nottingham MBA programmes meet rigorous quality standards
- We are ranked in The Economist Which MBA Top 100 2016
- We ranked 21st worldwide, 2nd in the UK and 1st for salary increase after graduation in the latest Economist Executive MBA Ranking
- The Business School, across all three campuses (UK, China and Malaysia), is EQUIS-accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), one of the world's leading accrediting bodies for business schools
- In the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) we ranked 6th for research power out of 101 UK business and management institutions
- We are ranked in the top 100 worldwide for business and management studies in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
All students must take 12 modules, with eight core modules and four optional modules and a management project which can tackle a real issue in your organisation, adding value to your business.
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Economics
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
- Management Project
- Managing People
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Sustainable Decisions and Organisations
- Advanced Strategic Management: a Multi-Perspective Approach
- Business and Commercial Law
- Business Ethics
- Business Intelligence in the Digital Economy
- Entrepreneurship in Practice
- Games and Strategies for Business
- Innovation Management
- Leadership and Management of Change
- Personal Development
- Project Management
- Responsible Business: A Strategic Approach
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
The modules we offer are inspired by the research interests of our staff and as a result may change for reasons of, for example, research developments or legislation changes. This list is an example of typical modules we offer, not a definitive list.
Applicants who demonstrate exceptional academic merit and/or experience can benefit from Business School scholarships covering up to 90% of MBA tuition fees.
Our MBA provides an excellent platform for career enhancement, career change or entrepreneurial activities. Career destinations for graduates include work in the following sectors: management consulting, finance and accounting, human resources, marketing/sales, information technology and operations and logistics.
Companies and organisations our graduates have gone on to work for include Accenture, Apple, Bosch, Credit Suisse, Deloitte, EY, GE, HSBC, IKEA, Jaguar Land Rover, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Reckitt Benckiser, Red Cross, Santander Group, Shell, Tata Consultancy Services, United Nations, Wipro Technologies.
Average starting salary and career progression
In 2015, 86% of full-time MBA graduates in Nottingham University Business School who were available for employment had secured work or further study within three months of graduation. The average salary uplift post MBA was 60% in 2014.*
This reflects the higher salaries earned by our MBAs who have at least three years professional experience prior to undertaking their studies. 85% of the 2015 MBA class that were seeking work had accepted job offers within three months of graduating.*
*Known destinations of full-time home higher degree postgraduates 2014/15. Salaries are calculated based on those in full-time paid employment within the UK.
Career prospects and employability
The acquisition of a masters degree demonstrates a high level of knowledge in a specific field. Whether you are using it to enhance your employability, as preparation for further academic research or as a means of vocational training, you may benefit from careers advice as to how you can use your new found skills to their full potential.
Our Careers and Employability Service will help you do this, working with you to explore your options and inviting you to attend recruitment events where you can meet potential employers, as well as suggesting further development opportunities, such as relevant work experience placements and skills workshops.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2017