Jana Korpova studied on the Cass Executive MBA programme.
Grow, discover and study while you work on our twice-weekly evening Executive MBA programme, at Cass Business School in the heart of the City of London. The Executive MBA ranks among the best globally and lets you balance work, life and study over 24 months.
About the Executive MBA programme
Inspiring academics and business practitioners help you prepare for your next career move – whether that’s into senior management or leadership, or pursuing your own venture. Learn with your peers from a variety of industries and put your new knowledge to work immediately. You’ll build a deep and practical understanding of business and management, enhanced with electives and projects selected to align with your career goals. Throughout the programme, you’ll get support from course mentors and develop your leadership skills with coaching and workshops from our careers team.
Executive MBA programme: Delivered twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday) from 18:15 to 21:00 over a 24-month period. (September 2020 start).
Delivered mainly on Tuesday and Thursday evenings our Executive MBA gives you the flexibility to work full-time while developing new business skills, knowledge and expertise to transform your career. If you would prefer to study over long weekends, please look at our Modular Executive MBA.
The first year is designed to build on your current expertise and explore other key areas, you will gain a bigger picture of the business as a whole which you can implement in your work immediately. During the second year, you have the opportunity to tailor the content learnt through a wide choice of electives, culminating with a major piece of self-managed consultancy.
We also place a strong emphasis on enhancing the soft skills needed for senior leadership through personalised workshops and one-to-one support. These run throughout the two years.
July: Pre-programme activities
- Your journey at Cass begins once you accept your place, with access to pre-study modules and online community networks.
Year 1 - September: Induction
- A general introduction to the Executive MBA programme, Course Director and cohort to prepare you for the two years ahead.
September: Core modules 1 & 2
- An introduction to accounting practices and managing individual and group behaviours.
- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Organisational Behaviour
October: Core module 3
- Taught across a weekend, develop skills to improve organisational efficiency.
- Operations Management
October: Core modules 4 & 5
- Balance financial skills whilst also developing leadership techniques which are key to any successful business.
- Financial Markets & Instruments
- Strategic Leadership
December: Core modules 6 & 7
- Explore trends within technology and how businesses are strategically analysing their data.
- Analytics for Business
- Digital Technologies & Business Innovation
- Covering the topics from Core Modules 1 to 7 (excluding module 3), exams are a big proportion of your personal assessment.
February: Achieving Your Potential Weekend
- Held off-site at a location just outside of London, you will embark on a weekend focused on reflection and your future career goals aided by leading careers coaches.
February: Core modules 8 & 9
- Focus on the management and development of people and the concepts and techniques of marketing.
- Human Resources Management
- Principles of Marketing
March: Core modules 10 & 11
- An exploration into micro- and macro-economics and solidifying your knowledge of marketing.
- Business Economics
- Marketing Strategy
May: Core modules 12 & 13
- Build upon previous finance-based modules and focus on the importance of culture and identity of organisations.
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Strategy
- Similar to the January exams, these will cover what you have studied in Core Modules 8 to 13.
July: Core module 14
- An important aspect of all organisations, learn ethical theories and new initiatives over a weekend.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
July: International Consultancy week
- Placed in a fast-paced growing foreign market, you will provide consultancy and create viable business solutions to organisations.
Year 2 - September to July: Electives
- Tailor your experience on the Executive MBA with options to concentrate your knowledge on specific areas or keep it general. There are also a number of international study tours which will immerse you in a particular global business environment. These are completed over the second year.
September - August: Business Mastery Project
- The final piece of your Executive MBA is an individual research-led piece of work which you can present as a research project, business plan or consultancy. Completed in the final year, you will deliver this project in August.
- Upon successful completion of the Executive MBA, you will celebrate with your cohort at a world-class centre, The Barbican.
- As a Cass alumnus, you are entitled to one free elective every year. If you missed a subject or need skills in a new area, return to the classroom to keep upskilling.
Why a Cass Executive MBA?
Your Executive MBA is an investment in finance and time to further your career. You’ve got one opportunity to get it right.
Choose Cass for your Executive MBA and benefit from:
- Our outstanding reputation as a top-ranked global business school.
- The latest academic research and industry knowledge are drawn from our renowned faculty, policymakers, entrepreneurs and business practitioners.
- The Cass ‘practical application’ learning approach – apply new theory to your current role immediately, and see the impact your learning can have on external business during the international consultancy trip.
- Our collaborative learning environment, with small immersive classes and a cohort, was drawn from a range of industries.
- Learning you can customise, with a wide range of elective concentrations available over flexible formats.
In an extraordinary place
- Our unrivalled locations – in London, close to the City’s financial core and the new tech belt centred on Silicon Roundabout.
- Access to our campus in the Dubai International Financial Centre, the leading financial hub for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia.
- The only global business school to have a dedicated Mergers & Acquisitions Research Centre.
Offering extraordinary opportunities
- Your chance to develop an explorer’s mindset, ready to read and respond to rapidly changing business environments, by joining the Cass Expeditionary Society.
- Access to the £10million Cass Entrepreneurship Fund for high potential early-stage businesses.
- Joining, and learning with, an international and diverse network of fellow executives.
- International electives in over nine locations to give a truly global perspective.
Building extraordinary foundations for your future
- Continuous support and guidance from dedicated professional staff and alumni mentors throughout your two-year journey.
- Our integrated careers service, with professional development built into the curriculum and support that continues after graduation.
- Continued learning with alumni accesses to one free elective each year.
- Our global alumni network of over 46,000 alumni who you can connect with throughout your career, plus links to international businesses.
Executive MBA fees (Evening Study mode): £50,000
For self-financing students, fees can be paid in four instalments.
- Application fee: £100
- Full tuition fees: £50,000
- Deposit: £5,000 (Paid to secure your place)
- First instalment: £7,500 (Fees excluding deposit, paid at registration in September 2019)
- Second instalment: £12,500 (Paid in January 2020)
- Third instalment: £12,500 (Paid in September 2020 in order to complete your re-registration)
- Fourth instalment: £12,500 (Paid in January 2021)
Please note fees are subject to change.
City graduate loyalty discount
We are delighted to offer a 10% tuition fee reduction to City, University of London alumni who achieved 2.1 or above in their Bachelor’s degree, or a Master’s degree, and who meet all entry criteria for the programme. We also waive the £100 application fee for City, University of London alumni.
University of London graduate discount
We are also thrilled to offer a 10% tuition fee reduction to all University of London alumni who achieved 2.1 or above in their Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree, and who meet all entry criteria for the programme. We also waive the £100 application fee.
Paying your deposit
If we make you an unconditional offer, your offer letter will contain a personalised link which will enable you to accept your offer and pay a deposit of £5,000 by the deadline stated in your offer letter. Your place on the Executive MBA will not be secured until we have received your deposit. This can be paid by credit or debit card, or by bank transfer, and is deducted from your first instalment. If you are 100% sponsored by your company, we can normally waive the deposit on receipt of a completed sponsorship form (SP1).
We have a range of entry requirements to ensure our classrooms are filled by high-quality students.
As soon as you submit a fully completed application it will be processed so there is no need to wait until the next deadline.
Strong candidates can submit an initial application without a second reference and university degree/transcript which may be sufficient enough to invite for an interview and receive a conditional offer. However, if we make you a conditional offer of a place, you will need to provide all documents before we can make an unconditional offer.
The whole process from complete application to final decision typically takes 3-4 weeks.
- Round 5: 23rd February 2020
- Round 6*: 5th April 2020
- Round 7: 17th May 2020
- Round 8**: Rolling Admissions
* If you require a Tier 4 visa then we strongly recommend you submit your application to us by Round 6 at the latest
** Rolling applications will only run if there are still places available.
- A minimum of five years' full-time work experience, gained after graduation.
- A good university degree (upper second class honours degree (2:1) or above) or appropriate professional qualification. Alternatively, at least six years' relevant business experience if you do not have a degree.
A completed online application form
- The application form is completed online as designed to allow you to complete it over several sessions allowing to submit when you are ready.
- This is your opportunity to provide further information about your experience, why you want to undertake the Cass Executive MBA and your aspirations post-EMBA. Please note we have specific questions which are available in the online application.
- Your one or two page CV is uploaded as part of the online application form. Please provide reasons for significant gaps in employment history within the application. Please see our recommended CV template.
- Two supporting references: These can either be from your current employer, a previous employer or a client.
- An application processing fee of £100. The fee is be waived for City, University of London or Cass Business School alumni.
Copy of your university documents
- Your degree certificate and transcript for each degree you have studied. We require certified translated copies of each document if they are not in English.
- Please note that you may be able to submit these documents at a later date to receive an unconditional offer.
Proof of your English language ability
- If English is not your first language you will need to submit a well-balanced IELTS score of 7.0.
- In some cases the English requirement can be waived, please contact our Admissions team for more information.
At the Career and Professional Development Centre, our aim is to offer training and guidance in employability skills enabling you to make the most of your EMBA.
From the start of term, you will work with the Careers Team who will be available to support you throughout your time at Cass. In particular, they will help you assess, prepare and implement your job search strategy to achieve your individual career objectives, as well as providing you with expert CV, interview and networking advice. Once you have identified your underlying interests and values using our specialist tools, you can tailor your programme with our fully-interactive, practical workshops to power your career forward.
Industry specialists and career coaches are also available to help build a clear picture of your career options.
Cass Careers Online
Cass Careers Online is your first port of call to book your place on our events, advice seminars, professional development workshops, company presentations and for one-to-one support. Stay up-to-date with job and business project vacancies and access a range of online resources such as our CV guidance, career advice videos and a company directory.
CCO enables you to:
- View and book upcoming careers events and professional development workshops
- Apply for jobs, projects and work placements and keep track of your applications
- View company profiles and information
Professional Development Workshops
These workshops are an important part of your EMBA programme and supplement your core and elective modules with a range of soft skills. Alongside the compulsory workshops, you are advised to select from a range of additional workshops and seminars to fit your individual learning plan and strategy.
About the School
One of City, University of London’s 5 specialist schools, Cass Business School is among Europe's leading business schools. Holding a prestigious gold standard 'triple-crown' accreditation, it’s also o ... Read More