You want to grow in your career, but you have a full slate of responsibilities. The Sy Syms School of Business Executive MBA understands your realities. It prepares you to accelerate your career potential, brings game-changing ideas forward, and prepare for a shifting global economy — all while staying in your current job.
The Sy Syms Edge
- Our flexible classes are catered towards the working professional.
- Our comprehensive core curriculum builds a foundation for success in any business.
- Our renowned full-time professors inspire you through academic excellence. Impressive adjuncts bridge theory with real-time business practice.
- Our student body includes a diverse variety of professionals from every business sector.
- Your classes will be small and personalized, allowing you to make lifelong business connections.
At a Glance
- Attend classes on Sundays or in hybrid formats.
- Learn how to become a leader in business from industry pros.
- Improve your business acumen through summer residencies.
- Forge lifelong connections with your professors and peers.
- Earn your EMBA from Syms in just two years.
Our EMBA program emphasizes three themes that are integrated throughout the curriculum.
The ecosystem around entrepreneurship at Yeshiva University is vibrant, brilliant, and cutting edge. At the very heart of Yeshiva Entrepreneurship’s mandate is to find ways to take advantage of the enormous power, vitality, and resources of the entire University so that, indeed, the whole of our energies is much greater than merely the sum of the parts. We encourage partnerships between schools and institutes, students and alumni, the NYC community, and government officials. We have strong connections to Israel and its Start-up nation technology and entrepreneurial spirit. Yeshiva University is in the process of creating an incubator in NYC for Israeli based companies to develop and thrive in the NYC environment.
This theme focuses on creating new leaders of the future. Throughout the program, there is a special emphasis on how different business tools and theories can enhance the ability to lead and perform in highly competitive and stressful environments. Some of the courses offered specifically concentrate on developing leadership skills including management in a global environment and a series of speakers comprising some of the most successful executives and entrepreneurs.
More important than ever is to practice Business Ethics while maintaining a sustainable business model. Set at Yeshiva University, this program weaves YU values with business ethics by teaching how a sustainable business model can be achieved while also providing benefits to the community and its environment. This model depends on the ability of managers and leaders to identify personal and corporate values and to align business behavior with social expectations, legal responsibilities, and moral aspirations. Our curriculum emphasizes the central role of business ethics in our core Ethics and Legal Environment course and focuses on ethical issues in cases studied throughout the curriculum.
Two Summer Residencies
Innovation through Technology and Leadership
Summer 1: NYC summer residency – learning what it takes to become an innovator
In this seven-days intense workshop, students learn about the business models that can help them take a product or a business to the next level. Specific tools of creativity are taught and applied, followed by a series of visits to innovative start-ups from the New York Metropolitan area. The workshop ends with students creating their own business ideas and providing a business plan to go along with it.
Summer 2 - Israel summer residency – immersing in a start-up nation culture
In this ten-days intense workshop, students engage with Israeli EMBA students from one of Israeli’s top universities. Together, they work as teams to discover the secrets behind this start-up nation's technological success. Lectures, from top Israeli business and technology professors, are given, followed by on-ground visits to Israeli most successful companies. By the end of this workshop, students are expected to have a good grasp of what it takes to be a leader of innovation, and the strategic ways to get there. The residency is in English.
EMBA Program Snapshot
Thank you for considering the Yeshiva University Executive MBA Program, the only program that is offered on Sundays in consideration of the diverse community that it serves.
We understand that this is an important decision for you. A few points to consider:
- Consider the culture. Every school has its own. Find the business program that’s right for you — academically, socially, and professionally. For example, Yeshiva University is known for its warm, caring, and tightknit community. That translates into many things, ranging from strong connections with the professors to passionately engaged in the community and Alumni.
- Consider your goals. Choose the business school that will help you reach your goals. Think about whether you want to reinvent your career, start a new venture, or show up a whole lot bigger in your current company. At Yeshiva, you’ll develop relationships that form a lifelong community and are available through every career stage.
- Consider reaching out to us. If Yeshiva seems to feel right for you, a place where you will be nurtured while growing, we’re available for discussion.
Here is some additional information to help you with your decision:
- 2-year program, 48 credit Executive MBA program at our Manhattan campus in NYC.
- Rigorous courses taught by successful, experienced faculty.
- Two summer residencies.
- Learn alongside highly experienced classmates and forge lifelong connections.
Tell us what sets you apart. We are genuinely interested in learning more about you. Sy Syms School of Business values interesting individuals who are earnest in their career aspirations. Our students are diverse. Our faculty is world-renowned. The curriculum is rigorous. We believe this is an MBA for executives that fit with your career goals. Here's what you need to do to apply:
- GPA of 3.0 and above (transcripts).
- Interview. Once your online application is complete and under review, you may be contacted by a member of the Admissions Office to schedule an on-campus interview. Please keep in mind: Interviews are by invitation only.
- Two recommendations required.
International students who do not have a degree from an institution in which all instruction is conducted in English must take either the TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language), the PTE (Pearson Test of English), or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). You may be exempted from the TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS only if you have earned a degree from an institution in which English is the language of instruction.
The TOEFL, PTE, and IELTS scores are valid for two years. Your scores must be valid when you submit your application.
- 3/9/2020: Scholarship Deposit Deadline
- 3/31/2020: Admission Deadline
- 5/11/2020: Admission Deposit Deadline
- 7/31/2020: Final Admission Deadline
About the School
The Katz School at Yeshiva University gives students the opportunity to further their intellectual and professional pursuits and become a part of one of U.S. News and World Report’s top 80 universitie ... Read More