If you’ve been thinking about your career’s long-term prospects and how far you can go, success is closer than you think. Prairie View A&M University’s Executive MBA is a two-year program with top accreditation, a convenient location and a cutting-edge blend of online and in-class instruction. With PVAMU’s EMBA program, you fast-track your career goals in a flexible and affordable format at an accessible location.
Key facets of our EMBA program include:
- A two-year, 12-course program for managers and executives.
- Classes conveniently offered in Northwest Houston at the PVAMU Northwest Houston Center near Willowbrook Mall
- Course materials covered in eight weeks in hybrid format (blend of online and face-to-face) one course at a time, every other Saturday
- Ten-day overseas study tour in China
- No GMAT or GRE Exam is required for admission
- Competitively priced all-inclusive tuition including meals on class days, course materials, an overseas trip and related tuition expenses.
- Students develop robust and dynamic networks among their teams and build their network with access to industry leaders including the Dean’s Advisory Board
- Classes taught by highly-qualified faculty with published research and experience in their field
- Programs are accredited by AACSB International – only 5% of business programs worldwide are AACSB-accredited.
Now accepting applications!
|Semester 1||Course 1: EMGM 5103 - Data Analysis for Managerial Decision Making|
|Semester 1||Course 2: EMCO 5203 - Executive Managerial Communication|
|Semester 2||Course 3: EMGM 5403 - Operations and Supply Chain Management|
|Semester 2||Course 4: EECO 5103 - Economics in the Global Environment|
|Semester 3||Course 5: EACC 5213 - Accounting for Executives|
|Semester 3||Course 6: EMRK 5433 - Marketing in a Global Environment|
|Semester 4||Course 7: EFIN 5103 - Topics in Corporate Finance|
|Semester 4||Course 8: EMGM 5503 - Business Ethics and Law|
|Semester 5||Course 9: EMIS 5513 - Information Technology and Organizational Value Creation|
|Semester 5||Course 10: EMGM 5303 - Executive Topics in Strategy and Policy|
|Semester 6||Course 11: EMGM 5113 - Executive Leadership|
|Semester 6||Course 12: EMGM 5903 - Capstone Project|
Admission and Application Information
An applicant to the Executive MBA program will be evaluated for admission based on the following:
- Completed Application for Admission to the PVAMU Office of Graduate Studies through www.applytexas.org
- Completed Application for Admission to the PVAMU Executive MBA Program.
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee. An additional $15.00 late fee is required if the application is submitted after the application deadline. Pay the application fee.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education (i.e., college or university).
- Official transcripts from EACH institution attended. The academic institution(s) must forward the transcripts directly to Prairie View A&M University. Transcripts “Issued to Student” will ONLY be accepted in an envelope sealed by the academic institution. Applicants must include ALL institutions attended, regardless of the number or type of credits taken, terms attended, or whether transfer credits are reflected on another transcript.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 grading scale for regular graduate degree status.*
- A minimum 2.45-grade point average on a 4.00 grading scale, but not less than 2.75 for provisional graduate student status.*
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including one letter certifying a minimum of three years of management/leadership experience (e.g., as project manager, director, district manager, supervisor, etc.) or two years of executive level experience. Letters may come from former professors, colleagues, managers and/or supervisors.
- An interview (phone or in-person).
- Professional resume or vita.
- A personal essay on the topic provided.
*Note: In some cases, a student may be provisionally admitted, but the student must provide additional information which can substitute for any of these criteria. Please contact the EMBA Director at (936) 261-3622 for information.
Domestic Students Only($65 Fee)
|Spring||October 1||November 1||November 2 – 15|
|Fall||June 1||July 1||July 2 – 15|
About the School
Founded in 1876, Prairie View A&M University is the second oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Texas. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and ed ... Read More