Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) - 41 North Business School
- Date: June 2019
- Language: English
- Location: Istanbul Based; Berlin, Paris, Grenoble Semi- Located
- Duration: 18 months, part-time / 4 days per month Thursday afternoon, Friday & Saturday Full day, Sunday morning
- Credits: Master (120 ECTS credits)
- Price: 25 000 Euro
Where Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship meet!
- Program Academic Owner: Grenoble Ecole de Management (Grenoble - France)
- Accreditatition: Triple- Accredited, AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB. Grenoble Ecole de Management is one of the few business schools (1% of schools worldwide) to possess the three accreditations that distinguish the leading international business schools.
- School Rankings: GEM was ranked 21st in the Financial Times European Business Schools ( 2017 )
- Program Rankings: Part Time MBA Program was ranked 64th worldwide the program is also ranked 28th in Europe and 5th in France ( 2017)
Classes are taught by GEM faculty, local faculty, visiting professors from top universities worldwide, and top business professionals. Most of the permanent faculty is engaged in applied research; their teaching links theory to practice through authentic business cases. Their diverse cultural and international background gives a strong international dimension to the program.
The Executive MBA program mission is to provide future managers with the core knowledge needed to adopt a holistic view of business and stimulate managerial and entrepreneurial initiative. The program also seeks to enhance career progression and enable participants to think critically and strategically in order to adapt to the changing global environment.
This program will encourage you to think differently, to think globally, to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams. You will develop both your professional and personal skills and competencies.
Innovative and entrepreneurial at heart, The Executive MBA program has chosen to focus on Management, Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship in order to train and prepare managers for today’s global environment and for tomorrow’s challenges.
SUCCEEDING TODAY AS A TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADER
There are new languages, decision-making tools, attitudes and mindsets that can be learned, helping ease your transition into driving digital transformation within organizations. Executives firstly need to recognize they need to become digitally fluent and ensure they integrate digital thinking into their everyday management.
DEVELOP NEW CAPABILITIES
Encourage all employees to develop digital competencies and business models. The more digitally literate a workforce, the greater their potential to contribute to value creation. Digital leaders need to understand the shifts (behavioral, economic, social) that new technology drivers are creating: like mobile, social networks, cloud, data analytics.
THE PROGRAM SPECIFICALLY FOCUSES ON IMPROVING PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL SKILLS THAT DYNAMIC ORGANIZATIONS ARE LOOKING FOR:
Follow an intensive, stimulating academic program taught entirely in English.
- Increase international exposure and expertise within a group of diverse nationalities and cultures.
- Strengthen both hard and soft management skills.
- Complete an extensive management report of a high professional standard.
- Translate digital fundamentals into business impacts at the industry, organization and individual level.
- Get an excellent return on investment by accelerating your career development.
- Grenoble Ecole de Management “The Executive MBA Degree” is awarded by a triple accredited institution.
- Specializations Modules: These are worth 15 credits toward the degree. They are composed of 3 separate modules of 30 hours, total 90 hours per specialization (Management Consulting – Finance – Innovation Management-Entrepreneurship - Digital Business - Project Management )
The Executive MBA candidates are experienced professionals from diverse sectors who display a high level of maturity and intellectual curiosity. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills and should be open to cultural diversity. Special attention will be paid to a candidate's motivation for an international career.
- A Bachelor-level, undergraduate degree in any subject
- At least seven years of significant full-time work experience, preferably with managerial experience
- English proficiency (6,5 IELTS with 6,0 min in each band), or TOEFL of 94 (with a min of 22 in reading and speaking or 21 in listening and writing)
- GMAT may be required on a case-by-case basis. You will be notified after the Admissions Board meets if you are required to take the GMAT.
WHY SHOULD YOU STUDY EMBA IN ISTANBUL?
41 North-Learning Hub
Our classes take place in Ferko Signature Business Center, located in the heart of Istanbul’s central business and social district on Levent Buyukdere Avenue and are equipped with high-end technological infrastructure.
Our campus is convenient to reach via access roads and underground walkways designed to provide metrobus, metro and pedestrian connections. Moreover, the campus maximizes your productivity by making your learning environment more enjoyable with on-site amenities such as electric vehicle charging points at parking lots, business concierge services, cafes, restaurants and vibrant parks for social activities.
THE GRENOBLE CAMPUS
The Grenoble campus is located in the city's business district, known as Europole. The Grenoble Ecole de Management campus is near the heart of the city and right next to the train station, where trains, buses, tramways and bike paths all intersect. The School is also located right next door to the GIANT innovation campus. Spread out over almost 37,000 square meters, the Grenoble campus is recognized for its design and ease of access.
Learning processes and related technology have changed drastically over the last ten years. It is no longer sufficient to congregate executives from time to time; they must be trained to orchestrate winning performances in real-time and on the job.
The Learning Industry provides us with lots of exciting and new learning models and techniques. 41 North Business School and Grenoble Ecole de Management will bring the latest to their clients.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the application form and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma
- University transcripts: front/back with the grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/ professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 professional references. Colleagues or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport Picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based
- (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A, B, C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
Why invest in an Executive MBA program?
There are three critical components that weigh heavily on an experienced manager’s decision to enroll in an EMBA program. These are (A) CAREER EFFECT after graduation; (B) EXPERIENCES during the program and (C) the business school’s CULTURE.
The primary reason for executives to enroll in an EMBA program is the after effect on their career. They expect completion to significantly enhance their chances of either climbing up in the current work organization or to find a higher-placed job in another company. In either case, there is a strong expectation of increasing one’s salary!
The size and the quality of the School’s EMBA alumni network become extremely important in this context. It is necessary but not sufficient that the School’s admissions process is selective, which ensures that the participant will rub shoulders with those who are bright and who have excellent career prospects. The alumni network’s size and diversity, in terms of globality, gender, and business backgrounds, make or break the choice on an EMBA program today.
EXPERIENCES DURING THE EMBA
Will I be able to apply what I learn during the program? How intense will the interaction be among the participants? Will this be oriented towards generating innovative and creative solutions? What are the chances that I will interact with someone from an entirely different cultural or business background? How does the program management team learning online?
During the program, I should have time for self-reflection. Will I be coached?
The location of the EMBA program is very important. Does it reflect a modern working environment in a metropolitan city or is it on a secluded campus? Does it have access to local executives?
When I graduate, I expect to leave with (1) better leadership capability in managing mixed-gender teams, (2) more refined understanding of change management, (3) boosted self-confidence, (4) improved ability to speak and understand board-room level business language, and (5) improved ability to excite and motivate others in seeking innovative solutions.
Business schools survive and thrive on the diversity and the richness of their culture. They are not geographically constrained, they admit participants with diverse backgrounds, at least one-fifth of their intake is female, and their faculty matches the diversity characteristics of their students and alumni. They are business laboratories in their society and ethics comes first. No single organization dominates their recruitment.
All of this will increase my value at work because I will have the ability to pass on my skills and knowledge to others. This is far more important than the ROI I can generate on my employer’s investments!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 11, 2018