Why SBS swiss business school
SBS is among the first Business Schools in Europe to adapt its Executive MBA program towards the new demands of leading organizations and companies within the knowledge economy. We need people who can lead interdisciplinary and multi-cultural groups. Individuals who can combine knowledge across disciplines and who understand the role of the organization in the society. In order to meet these demands, we have reworked our Executive MBA program, with major in international management to give participants a set of tools to identify and creatively solve problems, add value and contribute in ways that are not routine. We welcome you to the Modular Executive MBA!
Why select the SBS Executive MBA?
- A world-class EMBA while you continue to work
- A program that combines academic theory with real-world application, you can use at work.
- To improve your leadership and strategy skills
- To improve your career prospects and international network
The 12-month program is designed to be compatible with the work pressures and the demanding travel schedules of our participants. The Executive MBA unites experienced executives and faculty from around the world, to build a global view of business, develop a strategic mindset and gain an understanding of the newest management tools required in today’s fast-moving emerging markets. The goal of SBS is: to help you reach your goals by professional learning, life drawn from experienced classmates, international case studies and expert faculty from around the globe.
An emphasis on teamwork and study groups are an essential part of the Executive MBA experience to prepare our students for future career prospects. A mix of techniques focused strongly on the case study methodology, allows students to work in interdisciplinary groups and, in turn, discuss, debate and solve real-life business problems. A mix of additional method is used to draw on the participants’ own professional experience, creating an interactive learning environment and promoting an exchange of ideas between students and faculty. What makes our program special is the action learning concept and its dual focus on personal and organizational development. The SBS Executive MBA consists of12 modules which are offered with an interval of1 month. Classes are held from Friday to Sunday.
Executive MBA Program 2018
Classes are held on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 9:00-18:00.
Course Date Business Analytics January 19 – 21, 2018 Corporate Finance February 16 – 18, 2018 Digital Marketing March 16 – 18, 2018 Communication and Negotiation Skills April 20 – 22, 2018 Managerial Accounting May 11 - 13, 2018 Change Management June 15 – 17, 2018 Entrepreneurship and Corporate Venturing July 13 – 15, 2018 Leadership for Digital Transformation August 17 – 19, 2018 Managerial Economics September 21 – 23, 2018 Strategy and Sustainability October 19 – 21, 2018 International Financial Management November 16 – 18, 2018 International Business and Simulation Game Dec. 14 – 16, 2018 Statistics for Research The online course will be organized in October each year.
Thesis Submission Deadline Friday, January 11that 17:00 Thesis Defense Day Friday, January 25th Thesis Submission Deadline Friday, August 23rdat 17:00 Thesis Defense Day Thursday & Friday, Sept.5th& 6th
Students and Alumni
Executive MBA participants are on average 37 years old, have 12 years of work experience and speak several languages. We have a large community of EMBA Alumni who interact on a regular basis.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or a degree equivalent professional qualification
- Professional achievement: career progression, with at least 5-10 years of management experience
- Fluency in English at a TOEFL level of minimum 90 or the SBS Admissions Test
- A GMAT score of minimum 550, or SBS admission exam
- Successful completion of a personal interview with our Admissions Officer, either in person or by phone
- Completed and duly signed application form
- Complete Curriculum Vitae indicating professional experiences
- Certified copy of bachelor’s degree
- Official academic transcripts
- Two recommendation letters
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Non-refundable application fee of 150 CHF.
You will find all forms online at www.sbs.edu/programs/graduate/emba
All fees are in Swiss francs:
- Application fee: 150.--
- Payment upon acceptance: 3500.--
- Per module: 4000.-- ( 8 modules)
- Total tuition fee: 35 500.--
Accreditation and recognition
Our Executive MBA program is fully accredited by ACBSP and IACBE. For more details: www.sbs.edu/discover/information/accreditation For information about rankings, visit www.sbs.edu/discover/information/rankings
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 20, 2017