Executive MBA (Executive Master of Business Administration) – abbreviated as EMBA – is an intensive part-time program leading to a master’s degree in management. Students who satisfactorily complete all the program requirements are formally granted diplomas with a master’s degree in Executive MBA by the Wrocław University of Economics and Business. The program is conformed to the guidelines from the Bologna Process in higher education. Its content and design ensure the comparability of the graduates’ competencies and their diplomas with those that are offered at the Western European and American universities, particularly in the scope of managerial education. Furthermore, our program is congruent with the rules of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
The Executive MBA Program is not only a response to the requirements imposed on us and our graduates by the international environment but it is also an attempt to fulfill the expectations of our university’s nearby environment – the dynamically developing region of Lower Silesia.
The Executive MBA Program prepares for careers in the business world in its broadest sense. It is designed to educate top and mid-level managers for both home and international companies as well as for non-business organizations.
Our ambition is to attract the students who are of a very high level of social diversity: graduates from different fields of study, with professional practice in different types of business and non-business organizations, including different kinds of their business profiles, originating from different countries and ethnic groups, of different sex, of different political and religious orientations, of different marital status, etc., but at the same time, all of them need to be able to respect the distinctness of others and express desire, willingness, and capability of applying the norms and rules of customary social intercourse.
The main goal:
The main goal of the educational offer within the Executive MBA Program is to provide the students with an integrated vision of a company (organization) in the free market economy and develop knowledge and skills which are indispensable in formulating and analyzing the company’s problems, skills needed to make decisions within the scope of these problems, and skills which are necessary to realize these decisions in the context of changing external and internal environment.
- Acquire the solid basis of competencies in the main fields of company activities, such as marketing, finance, accounting, human resources management, strategy, and policy of the enterprise.
- Integrate science knowledge with business through thematic modules.
- Understand the company’s environment and the mechanisms of its functioning.
- Develop an ability to manage teams as well as an ability to work and communicate in teams.
- Acquire appropriate analytical, planning, and operational skills which may be demanded in complex practical situations.
- Develop the capability to quickly and realistically conceptualize decisional problems and to accurately evaluate the direct and remote consequences of decisions being taken.
- Acquire an ability to learn continuously and make use of modern scientific methods and IT tools that support decision making and problem-solving.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to cooperate in a multicultural environment and necessary to perform managerial tasks in an international setting.
Organization and structure of the program
The Executive MBA Program lasts 2 years (4 semesters) and the courses are realized in a form of weekend sessions (only Saturdays and Sundays). There are about 10-weekend sessions each semester. The full educational cycle covers two consecutive academic years. The first-year students will obtain a solid basis of competencies in fields such as marketing, finance, accounting, human resource management, project management, strategic management, business management, etc. Students will choose three out of six proposed thematic modules during the second year, which will be provided in cooperation with business. Each module will consist of:
- a study visit to the enterprise,
- theoretical classes with a research and teaching employee,
- practical courses with a practitioner,
- a business project where students will solve a problem prepared by a practitioner (in cooperation with a research and teaching employee),
- defense of the project.
To successfully complete the Executive MBA Program and earn a master’s degree a student needs to pass all the courses scheduled in the program and defend a master’s thesis to the end of the 4th semester.
Profile of the candidate
The addressees of the Executive MBA Program are active professionals:
- who possess at least 3 years of managerial experience (e.g. performed different kinds of functions of managerial character, leaders and coordinators of projects, entrepreneurs employing employees),
- who are graduates from schools of higher education (national or foreign schools), who represent various majors: polytechnic, general academic, agricultural, medical, artistic, humanistic etc., as well as those who are graduates from business, management or engineering schools (public or nonpublic) and hold a bachelor’s, an engineer’s or a master’s diploma,
- whose minds are open to acquire new knowledge and skills and who have that drive to develop their managerial competencies in a continuous process,
- who are willing to share their own experience with other participants of the Executive MBA Program and who are capable of deriving from the diversity of experiences of other people,
- who desire to gain within the Executive MBA Program an academic education and master’s degree in the scope of management - which are necessary for managerial career development.
The selection process of the candidates takes into account the information contained in the application documents and the result of the interview.
In particular, the following criteria will be taken into account in the assessment:
- type and level of education (2/10),
- managerial experience (4/10),
- motivations of the candidate (2/10),
- candidate's predisposition (2/10).
Executive MBA Program is paid studies.
The education costs are borne by the listener individually or by the delegating unit.
The semester fee for the studies (on the polish and the international option) is:
- 8 750 PLN – for Polish citizens
- 2 000 EUR – for foreigners
Program director: Professor Maja Kiba-Janiak
Acting manager: mgr Aleksandra Mikła
About the School
The Wroclaw University of Economics and Business is ranked among the top economic schools of higher education in Poland, and an important center of science and research. Its activities are aimed at ma ... Read More