ETH Zurich’s Executive MBA in Supply Chain Management (MBA ETH SCM)
- A unique combination of general management studies plus in-depth focus on international supply chain management
- Executive level instruction to prepare for future leadership roles
- A fully English-medium program - in the global business language
- Part-time attendance on-campus in Zurich enables executives to continue working for the duration of the 18-month program
- Core lectures are on-campus in Zurich, Switzerland, complemented by onsite study trips in Russia, the USA, Japan and China
- Regular VIP speakers, usually European executives, or board members of multinational companies spark dialogue on current topics in their industries
- A thesis project requires that learning be applied to an actual problem in the student’s own company
Why ETH EMBA?
Students will benefit by:
- acquiring up-to-date general management skills, combined with in-depth knowledge of international supply chain management
- becoming familiar with the new process-based orientation of management thinking
- gaining a truly global perspective with practical on-the-spot experience
- carrying out a Master Thesis of high relevance and immediate value for the employer
- joining an exclusive class of managers and specialists selected based on the highest standards regarding educational background, job experience, and intellectual capacity
- learning in a small class, characterized by personalized teaching, as well as by intensive interactions between students and lecturers
- being able to continue working in their organizations, as our program is for part-time study
- obtaining, ultimately, an MBA degree from the ETH Zurich, one of the world's leading universities
“I found our study trip to the USA absolutely thrilling and from a practical supply chain know-how point of view, very relevant. The highlight of our trip was the time that we spent with the Boeing management at their production facility in Everett. WA. We were introduced to their 787 Dreamliner project and the management team was very open with us on the supply chain choices that they made and the subsequent challenges that they face in bringing the 787 to market on-time and within budget. Over the 3 days, we worked through a case study with Boeing on what they could have done differently to avoid the challenges that they face. I found the open dialog on supply chain design and monitoring to be profoundly useful. The tour of the production facility at Everett, WA was eye-opening. To see different supply chain strategies at work for different Aircraft models, and these working harmoniously under one roof was a lesson in the effective management of complexity.”
Head of Commercial Operations
Corning Switzerland AG
MBA ETH SCM 2011 graduate, German/Canadian
Our program is an Executive MBA, reserved for persons aiming at top management positions.
- Master degree or equivalent
- Bachelor degree with excellent grades and additional qualifications
- minimum 5 years
- proficient in business English*
- GMAT or any English test is not required.
The number of students per course is limited to approximately 25. The ETH Zurich reserves the right to select students based on their academic, professional and personal merits.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 26, 2017