The Foster College of Business Administration's award-winning program distinguishes itself by focusing on two distinct areas:
- Leadership. We focus on leadership, as few institutions can, because of our unique affiliation with the Leadership Development Center. Students learn as much about themselves as they do about the business world discovering their own personal leadership style, becoming more effective in every part of their life.
- Issued Based Curriculum. The progressive Bradley curriculum divides coursework into business issues rather than traditional business school disciplines. These are the issues you face every day as a leader, the issues that keep you up at night. You will learn by doing real projects on real companies, your own companies.
Focusing on those two areas ensures that the students are given the tools necessary to lead organizations by providing
- An interdisciplinary, global perspective on how various disciplines work together in a world economy.
- The critical thinking skills necessary to bring disciplines together in order to make the strategic decisions leaders need to make.
- A student body with diverse backgrounds and a broad base of leadership experience ensuring a challenging climate.
- An issues-based curriculum relevant to today's pressing problems.
- Faculty with a passion for teaching and a driven desire to challenge students to excellence, continuous improvement, and lifelong learning.
- A vehicle for personal growth and the enhancement of interpersonal skills to increase a leader's effectiveness.
- Class assignments and projects that are to be applied at the student's place of work immediately following the learning module, thus giving the company immediate benefit.
Unlike traditional MBA and EMBA programs with their traditional courses in economics, finance, management, and accounting, Bradley University's EMBA focuses on issues that managers and executives identified as the most pressing problems they faced. The program takes an issue-oriented, problem-solving approach to business. Business issues are addressed from an interdisciplinary perspective. Each issue is approached with insights gained from various business disciplines. Accounting, marketing, management, and finance are integrated throughout the curriculum.
One of the unique aspects of our program and a rarity in other programs in the nation is the individual leadership coaching you will receive for the entire 15 months of the program. Faculty and staff will work one-on-one with participants to assess leadership skills. Participants will receive individual coaching from faculty and staff according to their personal development plan for the entire length of the program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017