Why sbs swiss business school
SBS is among the first Business Schools in Europe to adapt its Executive MBA program towards the new demands of leading organizations and companies within the knowledge economy.
We need people who can lead interdisciplinary and multi-cultural groups. Individuals who can combine knowledge across disciplines and who understand the role of the organization in the society.
In order to meet these demands, we have reworked our Executive MBA program, with major in international management to give participants a set of tools to identify and creatively solve problems, add value and contribute in ways that are not routine.
We welcome you to the Modular Executive MBA!
Why select the SBS Executive MBA?
- A world-class EMBA while you continue to work
- A program that combines academic theory with real world application, you can use at work.
- To improve your leadership and strategy skills
- To improve your career prospects and international network
The 16-month program is designed to be compatible with the work pressures and the demanding travel schedules of our participants.
The Executive MBA unites experienced executives and faculty from around the world, to build a global view of business, develop a strategic mindset and gain an understanding of the newest management tools required in today’s fast – moving emerging markets.
The goal of SBS is: to help you reach your goals by professional learning, life drawn from experienced classmates, international case studies and expert faculty from around the globe.
An emphasis on teamwork and study groups are an essential part of the Executive MBA experience to prepare our students for future career prospects.
A mix of techniques, focused strongly on the case study methodology, allows students to work in interdisciplinary groups and, in turn, discuss, debate and solve real-life business problems. A mixof additional methods is used to draw on the participants’ own professional experience, creating an interactive learning environment and promoting an exchange of ideas between students and faculty.
What makes our program special is the action learning concept and its dual focus on personal and organizational development.
The SBS Executive MBA consists of 8 modules which are offered with an interval of 2 months. Classes are held from Saturday to Friday
Academic calendar 2016-2017:
- Human Resources Management, Managerial Accounting (January 16 – 22, 2016)
- Operations and Project Management, International Marketing and Research (March 19 – 25, 2016)
- Business Policy and Strategy, International Finance and Banking (May 21 – 27, 2016)
- Management Information Systems Research Methods (July 16 – 22, 2016)
- Business Values and Ethics International Law and Business (Sept. 24 – 30, 2016)
- Financial Accounting Marketing Management (November 19 – 25, 2016)
- Managerial Economics, Organizational Behavior and Leadership (January 21 – 27, 2017)
- Communication and Negotiation Skills Financial Management (March 18 – 24, 2017)
2016 Thesis Calendar
Thesis Submission Deadline: Friday, January 15th at 17:00
Thesis Defense Day: Friday, January 29th
Thesis Submission Deadline: Friday, August 26th at 17:00
Thesis Defense Days: Thursday and Friday, September 8th and 9th
Each participant must write a thesis.
Personal development and career coaching are one of the essential elements of the program. Special tools like the 360 degree Leadership review, personal coaching sessions MRFI and other tools are used on an individual basis.
Students and Alumni
Executive MBA participants are on average 37 years old, have 12 years of work experience and speak several languages. We have a large community of EMBA Alumni who interact on a regular basis.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or a degree equivalent professional qualification
- Professional achievement: career progression, with at least 5-10 years of management experience
- Fluency in English at a TOEFL level of minimum 90 or the SBS Admissions Test
- A GMAT score of minimum 550, or SBS admission exam
- Successful completion of a personal interview with our Admissions Offi cer, either in person or by phone
- Completed and duly signed application form
- Complete Curriculum Vitae indicating professional experiences
- Certifi ed copy of bachelor’s degree
- Offi cial academic transcripts
- Two recommendation letters
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Non-refundable application fee of 150 CHF.
You will find all forms online at www.sbs.edu/programs/graduate/emba
All fees are in Swiss francs:
- Application fee: 150.--
- Payment upon acceptance: 3500.--
- Per module: 4000.-- ( 8 modules)
- Total tuition fee: 35 500.--
Accreditation and recognition
Our Executive MBA program is fully accredited by ACBSP and IACBE. For more details: www.sbs.edu/discover/information/accreditation For information about rankings, visit www.sbs.edu/discover/information/rankings
This school offers programs in: