Make an impact with Hanken EMBA
Hanken Executive MBA is an internationally accredited programme based in Helsinki, Finland. After finishing this programme you will have insights and tools to make an impact in any business setting.
Our programme enables you to strengthen your strategic decision-making and leadership skills, hence equipping you to create value for yourself, your organisation and your customers, as well as other stakeholders.
Hanken Executive MBA is a two-year part-time executive education programme conducted in English. We believe in the strength of dialogue, face-to-face interaction and relationships: we recognise the individual in the group, our groups are small and our faculty and experienced lecturers are strongly dedicated to our programme.
Hanken Executive MBA Programme Design
Triple-Crown (AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS) Accredited EMBA-programme
The Hanken Executive MBA programme is designed to help you create value for yourself, your organisation and your customers, as well as other stakeholders by becoming a better strategic decision maker and leader. We provide you with an opportunity to develop new insights of your business context, to enlarge your influence in your organisation and business network, and to improve your capacity to achieve results and to make an impact of strategic relevance.
Programme Structure at a Glance
- Programme duration: 2 years
- Programme start: March 2018
- 25 modules held approximately every 3-4 weeks
- The modules are 3 days in length and held Wednesday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
- One module takes place abroad (travel and accommodation expenses are not included in the programme fee)
- Triple-crown (AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS) accredited EMBA-programme
Strategic Leadership and Decision Making in Times of Change
With the help of the modules in strategy and leadership, you will improve your ability to identify ideas of strategic importance and to act on them.
The Leadership Development Sessions consist of module-integrated sessions supporting participants’ personal development process throughout the entire Executive MBA programme. By continuously challenging participants to uncover new insights, the sessions aim at preparing participants for demanding leadership situations and enhancing their critical leadership skills and capabilities.
You will also gain an increased understanding of change and how to manage and drive change in complex and competitive business environments.
- Strategic Thinking I & II
- Strategic Leadership
- Strategic HRM
- Change Leader
- Leadership Development Sessions: throughout the programme
- Industrial and Corporate Change
- Global Perspectives and Innovation Management
- Work and Leadership in the Global Economy
- Communication Skills
- Individual Development Project
Take a Service Business Approach to Business
Hanken is a forerunner in services management. The modules in service and solutions will provide you with the insight of transforming your business from a product oriented to a solutions-oriented business – always keeping the customer at the centre of your business model.
- Service Business Approach
- Customer-Oriented Business Models
- Customer-Driven Service Innovation
- Digitalisation of Business
- Service and Relationship Oriented Sales
The Impact of Financial Management and Control
Any person with aspirations for a position in top management needs to understand the numbers behind operations and to put them into a bigger context. In the modules on strategic finance and controlling you will gain insight of key figures and how to interpret them, pricing strategies, how to apply sound and sustainable financial solutions to your business, as well as systems to control your business.
- Business Statistics
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting & Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance
- Management Accounting
- Value-Based Management
- Financial Intermediation & Risk Management
Putting your Business in a Global Context
Successful business minds are able to always put separate and individual business activities into a larger context. They also have their finger on the pulse of the management issues of tomorrow and understand the implications of these. In the modules on processes and enablers, you will gain insight into processes and developments that will affect managing in a global, competitive environment.
- Management Control Systems and Incentive Systems
- Intellectual Property Rights & Wealth Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Strategic Corporate Branding
- Management in Context (module abroad)
EMBA Course with Individual and Professional Benefits
New Perspectives and Improved Understanding
Hanken Executive MBA provides you and your organisation with the means to develop the ability to tackle key challenges in business both today and tomorrow.
Benefits for You as an Individual
During the two-year programme you will experience:
- Globally accredited diploma
- High standard modules with world-class faculty and experienced lecturers
- A journey of learning and sharing with ambitious MBA peers
- Engaging dialogue where you and your peer students play an important role
- A flexible part-time programme with daytime classes allowing for work and family commitments
After the two-year programme you have gained:
- Knowledge about key business areas and processes
- Capacity to make strategic business decisions
- Skills and competencies to analyse challenges and find solutions to them
- Skills and tools to lead, develop and engage others
- Capability to share insight and drive change
- A business network for life
Benefits for Your Organisation
- Managers and top talents that excel and gain new motivation through an internationally accredited programme
- A colleague equipped with
- strengthened capacity to make strategic decisions
- new perspectives, strategic view and theoretical awareness
- improved understanding of business areas and processes
- capacity to find solutions, i.e. skills to analyse challenges and find effective solutions
- essential leadership and management skills
- international business contacts
We look for managers and other top talents that are highly motivated to challenge themselves and to share their experience.
To be eligible for the Hanken Executive MBA programme, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher A Bachelor's degree is required for admission to the programme. However, if you do not hold a Bachelor's degree, but you fulfil all other requirements and have a strong professional background, please contact the MBA office for further information.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience The Hanken Executive MBA programme is designed for experienced professionals. The participants in our programme have an average of 13 years of professional experience. The professional experience will be judged from case to case.
- High level of English proficiency A high level of spoken and written English proficiency is required as the programme is conducted in English. The level of written English proficiency will be evaluated based on the application form and the oral proficiency demonstrated during the interview.
In addition, we expect you to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are in a managerial position; in charge of leading people, complex projects or entities
- You are an experienced senior expert, with responsibility for large entities, and want to broaden your expertise
- You are an entrepreneur with an established business
- You are a top talent with a solid track record of exceptionally high performance (in career development, studies, etc.) and strong recommendations
Meeting these minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the programme, but allows you to be invited for a personal interview and be considered in the further selection process.
- Intake Round 1: October 31st, 2017
- Intake Round 2: January 15th, 2018
Applications are handled upon arrival and decision of acceptance is given within one month.
The programme fee for the Hanken Executive MBA Programme is EUR 28 000 + VAT. The fee will be invoiced in five equal instalments. Upon request, we can set up an individual payment plan.
The programme fee includes:
- All module programmes in Finland and abroad
- Lunches and refreshments during modules
Not included in the programme fee:
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Study material and literature related to modules
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 20, 2018