Would you like to broaden the perspectives of your professional growth? Are you a mid-career professional looking to improve your opportunities and accelerate your career?
The Executive MBA Leading with Purpose is a unique opportunity to invest in your future without interfering with your present. The part-time program is designed for you, matching your specific needs, while always guaranteeing an outstanding learning process that is scientific evidence-based.
This Executive MBA is tailored to guide your leadership journey. During the program, you will develop a deeper understanding of yourself and your business and refine your skills and knowledge to be an impactful leader in today’s complex and uncertain business environment.
Together with other mid-career participants the Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose equips you with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to excel in your role as a leader to deal with today’s challenges such as digital transformation and disruption, pandemics, and climate change. You will develop into a forward-thinking and purpose-driven leader who strategically navigates the new reality in a bid to secure long-term organizational success. Next to this, we will support your development into a societal thought leader who does not only care for profit, but also for a purpose.
Why Choose for this Executive MBA Program?
The Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose will support you to:
- Reflect on your leadership purpose and the purpose of your company.
- Develop a holistic, cross-functional perspective on your company and its operations.
- Reconcile dilemmas to create shared value for your company and its stakeholders.
- Anticipate the threat of disruption of your company’s business model and seize new business opportunities.
- Combine your experience with data-based knowledge to make decisive strategic decisions that give your company a competitive edge.
- Lead the transformation of your company and its ecosystem.
- Establish your role as a societal thought leader who leads the path.
On top of that, you also get to be part of a lifelong extensive business network through our alumni program.
- Duration: 18 months (one weekend per month, Thursday - Saturday)
- Start: March 2021
- Tuition fee: €43,500
- Admissions deadline: 15 January 2021
The climate changes both limits and offers business opportunities. And trade wars create market turbulences and threaten the existence of companies. To deal with these challenges, companies urgently require forward-thinking and purpose-driven leaders who can strategically navigate this new market reality in a bid to secure long-term organizational success.
The Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose equips participants with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to excel in their role as business leaders and supports them to become leaders who do not only care for profit, but also for a purpose.
Besides transferring state-of-the-art business knowledge, the Executive MBA: Leading with purpose is specifically dedicated to:
- Support your development into a business leader and a societal thought leader.
- Provide a holistic, general management perspective.
- Support and challenge you in reflecting on your purpose and your company's purpose.
The program follows an evidence-based peer-learning approach. This approach facilitates the sharing of participants’ professional experiences and the reflection of these experiences behind the background of the latest scientific knowledge. To maximize your learning, we use small class sizes. Classes will be highly interactive, will support critical discussions and in-depth reflections, and will foster the transfer of knowledge from the classroom into businesses.
To facilitate learning, a variety of proven methods, such as business simulations, experiments, and case studies, will be used in the courses.
The EMBA puts great emphasis on the application of skills and knowledge. In your course assignments, you will immediately apply what you have learned in small-scale projects. In your capstone project, you will apply all skills and knowledge to carry out a project that focuses on the problem of your organization to create real added value for your organization and yourself.
Professors from the VU’s School of Business and Economics will lead the courses. They will be supported by internationally renowned academic subject-matter experts, journalists from renowned business newspapers, executive coaches, and former and current senior executives, who will share their expertise and experiences with the participants and who will support participants in further improving their skill set.
The Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose is designed for senior managers and executives with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience and several years of leadership experience.
The program is a response to an increasingly complex and uncertain business environment: New technologies disrupt long-established business models and radically change entire industries.
The Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose is designed for high achieving professionals. To be considered for the program, you must demonstrate possession of:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Ideally seven to ten years of professional experience and considerable leadership experience;
- Senior leadership potential;
- English‐language proficiency.
About the School
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. The university offers over 175 English taught programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level to over ... Read More