Acquire management skills in the field of health care at one of the best universities in the world.
The Executive MBA Health Care Management focuses on a scientific basis on strengthening the management skills of service providers, in particular specialists and managers in the health sector. It enables graduates to master all the essential requirements of a dynamic market.
- Top qualifications for doctors, pharmacists, lawyers and other professionals in the health sector
- Comprehensive knowledge transfer
- Well-known lecturers from theory and practice
- Internationally oriented
- Teaching social skills
- Recognized, academic degree MBA
- Excellent career prospects
- To be completed alongside the job
- A stimulating place to study in an attractive environment
- Membership in the HEALTH EBS network and the EBS community
- 90 ECTS
Structure & content
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Duration of study: 4 semesters
- Language: German / English
- Start of studies: Every year in September and February
- ECTS: 90
- Major: Health Care Management
The course is modular. 12 modules are spread over two study levels.
Study level 1 comprises economic science and health economics modules in 21 days of attendance. Upon successful completion of the first level, students also receive the “Health Economist (EBS)” certificate. In terms of content, this section of the program is identical to the intensive course in health economics. Currently: 25 ECTS.
Study level 2 focuses on topics of general management. It comprises eight modules, two of which relate exclusively to questions of health economics.
Study level 2 currently comprises 42 days of attendance spread over 14 months. This also includes a one-week study visit to the Business School of the University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) - Cape Town, South Africa.
The conclusion is the creation and presentation of the master's thesis. There are currently a total of 65 ECTS points for level 2. ** Languages of instruction ** are German and English
Study level 2 - content
- Module 1: Market-Oriented Management
- Module 2: International Health Care Management (USB Stellenbosch in South Africa)
- Module 3: Macroeconomic Perspective
- Module 4: Leadership Techniques & Management
- Module 5: Health Care Management Instruments
- Module 6: Basic Legal Principles
- Module 7: Cost-Oriented Management
- Module 8: Business Management
- University degree, FH degree, usually in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, psychology, law or other areas that are related to the health sector. The first qualification must have a minimum of 210 ECTS credits. In the case of applicants who have a first degree of 180 ECTS credits, the professional activity can be recognized with a maximum of 30 ECTS credits per professional year or with a maximum of 45 ECTS credits per year management activity.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, as evidenced by job references and, if applicable, letters of recommendation. Earlier entry is also possible in justified cases and upon request.
- Good knowledge of English: The EMBA HCM course requires every applicant to have a good knowledge of English, so a language test is a prerequisite for admission. All language certificates can be provided externally or at EBS. The EBS recognizes a large number of standardized language tests. The following English certificates are recognized by us:
- Language test (Minimum Entry Score)
- TOEFL iBT (83)
- TOEFL ITP (560)
- IELTS (6.5)
- ESOL (FCE grade A or B)
Native speakers or applicants who have a degree in English can be exempted from having an English certificate on application.
- Written justification of personal motivation for participating in the Executive MBA Health Care Management course
- Personal interview with a member of the scientific management
Please submit the following documents to the Health Care Management Institute (HCMI):
- Application form
- Application form to the director of studies (informal)
- Justification of personal motivation for participating in the EMBA HCM
- Curriculum vitae stating the educational path and previous professional career
- Proof of professional experience (in the form of job references or references)
- certified copies of the certificates
- Proof of the ECTS credits achieved so far
- Proof of good knowledge of English *
- Electronic passport photo
* Proof of good English skills in the form of a TOEFL test or equivalent (e.g. internal language tests at EBS Business School) can be submitted up until the start of the third semester.
About the School
Under the umbrella of the private, state-recognised EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht you will find a programme portfolio that is unique across Germany consisting of Bachelors, Law, Masters and ... Read More