The executive MBA is a challenging program designed to accelerate the careers of experienced, high-performing professionals with six or more years of business experience. It is ideal for creative, innovative individuals with established careers who are looking for proven and effective methods and strategies to propel them further up the career ladder or transition into a new field. Students master executive skills such as strategic and cross-functional thinking, utilizing data to drive decision making, client consulting, and leadership. They learn from knowledgeable and professional instructors and from the motivated and diverse peer group enrolled in the program. The curriculum encourages analytical thinking and problem solving and places a strong emphasis on collaboration and group interaction.
The executive MBA curriculum focuses on core business concepts, providing fundamental skills, knowledge, and perspectives in accounting, statistics, leadership, finance, negotiations, and economics. The program develops skills in cross-functional analysis with an emphasis on strategy, marketing, technology, and international business. Interdisciplinary examples, case analyses, and an applied orientation are key components of the program. Students attend classes for 15 months on alternate weekends (all day Friday and Saturday). In addition, all students attend a three-day orientation at the start of the program and a seven-to-10-day international study trip in their last semester. There is one online course each semester.
The program reinforces practical experience through domestic and international client consulting projects; personal coaching in career development planning, communications, and team building; a competitive business simulation model; and the international study trip.
- Health Care
- Commercial Banking and Credit
Executive MBA degree, typical course sequence
- MGMT-806 Team Building and Ethic
- ACCT-801 Accounting and Organizational Goals
- ACCT-802 Managerial Accounting
- DECS-810 Statistical Analysis for Managers
- DECS-864 Systems Support for Operations
- DECS-875 Business Simulation
- ESCB-840 Microeconomics & Pricing
- FINC-845 Valuation and Capital Budgeting
- FINC-846 Financial Planning and Analysis
- FINC-850 International Finance
- INTB-820 International Business
- INTB-825 International Study Seminar
- MGMT-800 Leadership Development I
- MGMT-801 Leadership Development II
- MGMT-805 Current Topics Seminar
- MGMT-810 Leadership
- MGMT-818 Strategic Thinking I
- MGMT-819 Strategic Thinking II
- MGMT-860 Executive Leadership Series
- MGMT-861 Managing Technology, Innovation, and Research
- MGMT-889 Capstone Consulting Project I
- MGMT-890 Capstone Consulting Project II
- MKTG-851 Marketing Strategy
- MKTG-865 Managing New Product Commercialization
To be considered for admission to the executive MBA program, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a graduate application.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Have a minimum of six years of professional work experience.
- Participate in an interview with a representative of the executive MBA team.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a personal statement of educational objectives.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from a current employer.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. A minimum TOEFL score of 92 (internet-based) is required. A minimum IELTS score of 7.0 is required. The English language test score requirement is waived for native speakers of English or for those submitting transcripts from degrees earned at American institutions.
Program taught in: