Executive MBA (1 year) (Executive mba in Dubai)
- Ranked #2 by Forbes Middle East (March 2012)
- Classes on Thursday evening and Friday
- AED 71,000
Our Executive MBA program is an alternative to our full time MBA program aimed to provide working executives to extend their knowledge of business processes, functions and strategies, putting you on the fast track towards leadership and introducing you towards new ideas and concepts with a focus on practical application.
Our Executive MBA program is designed to provide you with the tools to improve your company’s performance, giving you access to the experiences and professional expertise of your professors and fellow classmates, while helping you shape your own personal management style and methods.
You’re learning objectives during the course will be as follows:
- Knowledge and Tools: Acquire the knowledge and tools to allow you to grow and improve your company in an ever changing global environment.
- Innovation Skills: Acquire skills that will enable you to bring innovation to your work life as well as your managerial style.
- Problem Solving: Equip you will the knowledge and tools to help you recognise, prepare and deal with current and potential problems you would face as a manger or an entrepreneur.
- Enterprise Growth: Enable you with the foresight to recognise and assess potential growth opportunities for your company and your career.
Our Executive MBA Program is conducted over a period of one year and is structured in five short but intensive modules which will allow you to balance your work life while engaging your course. The Program has a total of 36 credits, with each credit representing 15 hours of class time. There are 16 courses in total, or 14 courses and two internships/projects.
The Program will be conducted in a block structure, with courses covered over the weekend. Each weekend will15 hours (or 1 credit) worth of classes, spanning Thursday (5-10 pm) and Friday (9am-6pm).
The following will be the 12 core courses in covered by you in Modules A through D as your mandatory courses (click on any module to expand).
- Module 1 – Foundations of Business
- Module 2 – Managing the Functional Areas
- Module 3 – Managing People and Organizations
- Module 4 – Leadership & Strategy
- Module 5 – Concentrations
Module E will be tailor made by you once you select four elective courses from the following majors.
- International Banking & Finance
- Marketing and Retail Management
- Human Resource Management
- Project and Operations Management
You can select courses from up to two concentrations. You will also be encouraged to select Internships and/or Consulting Projects instead of two elective courses in Module E. These thesis-based courses will be conducted within your workplace, and supervised by a faculty member as well by a local company supervisor.
Our Executive MBA program which is ideally suited for busy professionals with limited free time, offers a unique learning experience shared between highly motivated potential leaders and our experienced faculty. You will be encouraged to bring work issues and real world scenarios, in the form of projects, cases and panel discussions, while will then be used in class under faculty input and supervision to gain insights, solutions and aid in your career development.
Your Executive MBA activities will be therefore conducted in three folds:
- Faculty Lectures (30%)
- Faculty Experiences (20%)
- Student Experiences (50%)
The following is the overall schedule of your classroom hours per course.
- Thursdays, 17:00 – 22:00
- Fridays, 09:00 – 18:00
Note: There will be a break of 10 minutes for each study hour listed above (except during your final exams). The administration of these breaks will be at the discretion of your faculty.
The following table gives you the breakdown of your grading percentage during a 3-credit course.
- Week 1: Project (or two Mini-Projects) [20%], Mini-Case 1 [10%]
- Week 2: Mini-Case 2 [10%], Assignment [10%], Midterm Exam [10%]
- Week 3: Mini-Case 3 [10%]
- Week 4: Final Exam [30%]
- Good Academic Standing
Applicants for the Executive MBA program must have an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree) from an accredited university with a CGPA of 3.0 and above on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent (50%+ overall average). Applicants with lower scores may be required to meet the academic panel and admission will be decided based on the panel recommendation. Applicants from a non-federal UAE university will be required to obtain a Bachelor Equivalency from the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific research (MOHESR).
- Proficiency in English
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take an English Proficiency Test. The minimum required score for TOEFL is 550 (paper-based) and 79 (internet based) or an IELTS band of 6.0. This requirement is not essential.
- If the applicant has received their Undergraduate degree from a university requiring a TOEFL of 500 or its equivalent test score approved by MOHESR, UAE and can provide proof of this.
- Work Experience
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years world experience after the completion of their bachelor degree in order to be eligible. Applicants with less may be eligible to join IMT Dubai’s 2 Year MBA designed for fresh graduates.
- Attestation of Documents
All applicants for admission are required to obtain equivalency of their Bachelor degree from the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. The attestation process is dependent upon whether you completed your bachelor degree in the UAE or in another country.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 8, 2016