Practical. Global. Master’s Degree.
Our global Executive MBA is designed for busy and experienced managers with the ambition to improve their leadership and managerial skills.
Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global
Today’s globally connected business world calls for a wider perspective, new skills and different ways of thinking. The Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global is designed to develop outstanding business leaders ready to take on the challenges and opportunities of operating in today’s complex and fast-moving global economy. It develops leaders who are strong, responsible and adaptable.
By connecting your learning to current global and relevant organisational issues, the benefits of Henley’s global EMBA can be clearly measured, offering a substantial ROI to you personally and, more broadly, to your company.
The Henley EMBA – Global is structured to allow you to continue working full-time and study your MBA part-time. It is ideal if you are unable to take significant time out of the workplace to study and want greater flexibility over how, when and where you achieve your MBA degree. Over the 21 months of the programme, you will study and share experiences with like-minded professionals from a wide variety of managerial backgrounds and business industries.
The Henley EMBA – Global is currently the only EMBA programme in Finland which offers a university-level master’s degree. Therefore, the Henley EMBA is exempted from VAT in accordance with the sections 39 and 40 of the Finnish VAT Act.
Embark on the Henley EMBA – Global for an enriching experience that will connect you to global business and a worldwide network. You’ll find it one of the most worthwhile investments in yourself that you can make.
The global Henley EMBA is triple-accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB, and among the most renowned MBAs in the world. According to the latest rankings, Henley Business School is the highest-ranked provider of EMBA programmes in Finland.
The Henley EMBA – Global in a nutshell
- Duration: 21 or 27 months (with the possibility for extension up to 7 years)
- Workshops: 57 days
- Workshop locations: Mostly in Finland, selected workshops in Denmark, Germany and the UK
- Study visits: South Africa, and China or the US
- Assignments: 11 practical assignments + final research project
- e-Resources: e-learning + online databases
- ECTS: 90
- Language: English
- Faculty: UK + International
- Tutors: Subject area professors + Academic Tutor support
- Fee (Finland): € 45,000 (VAT 0%), excluding travel costs
EMBA – Global Programme Overview
The Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global is a part-time master’s degree programme providing a truly international experience, with a global focus to the syllabus and research, modules delivered across the Henley international campuses, enriching study trips and a multinational cohort was drawn from a variety of sectors and industries.
The Henley EMBA – Global consists of three key stages (90 ECTS) with an optional award structure on successful completion of each stage:
Stage 1: Fundamental Business Foundations (Certificate)
You will learn about the basic business aspects of managing an organisation, such as managing people, operations and finance. This stage is about developing a strong foundation across a range of business functions.
Stage 2: Strategy & Context – Managing Stakeholders (Diploma)
In this stage, you will gain a greater knowledge of stakeholder management and the context around the business choices needed to form a robust strategy.
Stage 3: Taking Leadership to a Higher Level (Master’s degree)
You will examine the complexities of change in organisations and how to influence and lead a company through them.
Personal development as well as career, leadership and professional development flow through all stages of the Henley EMBA allowing an integrated process towards personal and professional growth.
During your studies, you will write 11 practical assignments applying the knowledge and skills developed from the programme. The assignments are based on current relevant issues, showcasing your capabilities and creating a valuable contribution to your organisation.
The Henley EMBA – Global is arranged around 14 core study modules that deliver a comprehensive and wide-ranging framework for your studies. In addition, the programme includes a number of elective modules that allow you to specialise and a research-based project.
Our approach to learning involves a high level of face-to-face interaction with academics and peers, individual contribution, group collaboration as well as personal development, leadership and professional development, and coaching.
We understand in your career, you may have already ‘been there, done that.’ This supports our belief that the most meaningful insights come from learning by doing. We organise our teaching around real-world dilemmas and business choices.
Those who work while studying for their Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global are able to add impressive work to their portfolios while giving back significant value to their employers. The knowledge and skills you develop from our highly practical programme can be applied immediately in the workplace. Assessed assignments can be based on current issues, creating a valuable contribution to your organisation.
The Henley EMBA – Global provides tangible, significant and enduring skills, knowledge and connections.
Henley puts the emphasis on collaboration rather than competition. Henley’s global EMBA is highly participative – we value both individual contributions and team-based learning. Programme members come from a range of different sectors, with diverse skills and cultural orientations, which inevitably creates challenges for teams along the way.
At Henley, we recognise that one of your key objectives is to develop yourself as an individual. We work with your strengths to develop and hone management skills and prepare for the challenges of senior leadership in a global market. We see personal development as the backbone of our programme, not only as a module to be studied separately. Therefore, there is also a continuous element of personal development to support you through your journey.
Career, Leadership and Professional Development
The Henley EMBA – Global provides plenty of opportunities for career, leadership and professional development. As well as IQ, great leaders require emotional, cultural and political intelligence – they also need the skills to enable transformative change by inspiring others to operate at their best and to win the hearts and minds of their employees and clients. We want our graduates to be masters of their own destiny, take career ownership, and have the confidence to lead in a way in which is authentic to them.
Coaching will play a significant role in your journey to become a better leader. A pool of internationally certified executive coaches will support you through a series of individual coaching sessions in your personal and leadership development and help you to reach your full potential. During these sessions, you will learn to strategise improvement and take a structured approach to personal and career development, gaining the maximum personal learning from every experience.
During your studies, you will be supported by our Academic Tutors. They work closely with you to support you in every aspect of your learning and personal development efforts and help you progress through the programme.
Henley EMBA – Global Benefits
The Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global is designed to develop outstanding business leaders, who are strong, responsible, adaptable and able to identify the different situational perspectives to take appropriate action.
Henley-educated business leaders also appreciate that business is complex – there is no one-size-fits-all response. They become confident in working with complexity, and they remain calm and assured under pressure.
Our programme provides multiple benefits, to you and your company:
- University-level master’s degree from an internationally recognised business school with triple-accredited status
- Life-changing experience due to strong focus on both personal leadership and management capabilities
- Highly international experience, including study content, teaching faculty and students
- Truly rewarding learning journey with other experienced managers
- A highly practical programme, enabling you to apply the developed knowledge and skills immediately in the workplace
- Relevant assignments, showcasing your capabilities and creating a valuable contribution to your organisation from day one of your studies
- Online access to tens of thousands of academic and industry study resources supporting your business and studies
- Improved English fluency (academic and business)
- Substitute workshops in other overseas offices
- Study breaks allowed if other commitments in life change
- Access to a worldwide alumni network with more than 75,000 people in over 170 countries from day one of your studies
EMBA – Global Tuition Fees
The tuition fee for the October 2019 intake is:
- Stage 1: 16,000€
- Stage 2: 16,000€
- Stage 3: 13,000€
45,000€ (VAT 0%)*, including workshop tuition, study materials and online services.
*VAT 0%, Sections 39 and 40 of the Finnish VAT Act, VAT-exempt education service.
Flexible Payment Options
- Full programme fee
- Stage fee
- Stage fee in two instalments
We work with you to help you identify how the Henley EMBA can deliver benefits to your employer right from the start of your studies. We can also help you prepare a detailed business case with which you can approach your employer to request their support, both in terms of finance and time.
About Accommodation and Travelling
Accommodation is included in
- Scheduled workshops of the intake abroad
- Scheduled Global Immersion Studies of the intake abroad, and
- One face-to-face elective module (1 night)
Travel costs are excluded.
The cost for the optional International Study Visit elective module is not included within the above fee.
How to Apply for the Henley EMBA – Global
To join the programme you need:
- Three years of relevant experience in a managerial or senior specialist position
- Bachelor or master’s degree, or equivalent professional or international qualification*
- Evidence of competence in English, if English is not your native language
Start your application process by contacting us to receive further information about the Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global programme and to discuss your career development plans.
Your application package must include:
- A completed application form
- Up-to-date CV
- Certified copies of degree certificates
- Two professional references
- Evidence of competence in English**
A personal meeting is a mandatory requirement for all applications.
The Henley EMBA – Global programme starts twice a year, in March and October.
We are happy to assist you through the application process.
* We do welcome applications from candidates with exceptional management experience who may not meet all the formal criteria for admission (no degree). If you have a minimum of five years’ experience at a senior or strategic level, we would be happy to consider an application. Our Admission Panel reviews all non-standard applications for suitability.
** Candidates whose first language is not English will be required to meet one of the following conditions: Take an English language test, provide an English proficiency at work form or undergo a face-to-face interview in English with an authorised staff from Henley Business School.
EMBA - Experiences from Our Graduates
Are you wondering how it really is to study for the Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global? Do you want some real-life examples of people who actually have gone through the programme from A to Z?
Anssi, Heikki and Marika tell you their own MBA stories, sharing both the joy but also the challenges of doing the Henley EMBA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global the best option for me?
- If you are interested in global business and return on investment (ROI), the Henley EMBA – Global is ideal for you and your company. During the programme, you will be delivering 11 practical assignments and a final research project. These assignments and the research project are based on your choice of important current organisational issues or business challenges for your company. The Henley EMBA – Global is ideal if you are working full-time in a demanding managerial position and want more flexibility over how, when and where to achieve your MBA degree.
What is the ROI for me when studying the Henley EMBA – Global?
- During the programme, you will write 11 practical assignments on different organisational issues and real-life business challenges. These assignments are showcases of your capability to deliver results leading to a significant increase in your professional knowledge.
What is the ROI of my studies for my employer?
- With the Henley EMBA – Global, your employer can already achieve a high ROI during the programme. A typical module sequence begins with a workshop of 2-3 days, followed by a self-study period including an assignment. The assignment can be based on a for your employer relevant current issue or business challenge, creating a valuable contribution to your organisation. By installing an internal process that runs parallel to the module sequence, your employer can substantially improve the ROI.
Why is the Henley EMBA – Global currently the only EMBA programme in Finland which offers a university-level master’s degree?
- The Henley EMBA – Global is currently the only EMBA programme in Finland which offers a university-level master’s degree because it is part of the official degree system in the United Kingdom, where it is considered as a higher academic degree like other degrees that are completed in a university. In accordance with the Finnish education system, MBA programmes provided by Finnish institutions or universities are considered as additional education, not as master’s degrees.
Why is the Henley EMBA – Global exempted from VAT?
- The Henley EMBA – Global is exempted from VAT because it is a university-level master’s degree. In accordance with the principles of EU law, when providing MBA education in Finland, Henley Business School should be regarded similarly to Finnish universities providing educational services in accordance with the Sections 39 and 40 of the Finnish VAT Act. Treating the Henley EMBA – Global differently in value-added taxation would be in breach of the principles of equality and non-discrimination provided for by EU law. The Supreme Administrative Court of Finland, therefore, ruled that MBA education programmes provided by Henley Business School in Finland are regarded as tax-exempted educational services.
Where are the workshops held?
Most of the workshops are held in Helsinki, Finland, selected workshops take place in Copenhagen, Denmark; Munich, Germany and Henley, UK.
How many hours do the studies require per week?
- Typically, 10-16 hours per week.
Is it possible to take a study break?
- Yes, it is possible to take study breaks up to five years.
How is the programme invoiced?
- The tuition fee policy for this programme is favourable for the student and the sponsoring company. Invoicing follows the study schedule and can be divided into up to six instalments.
MBA vs EMBA – What is the difference?
- An MBA (Master of Business Administration) is an internationally-recognised degree designed to develop the skills required for your career in business and management. MBAs are usually full-time programmes for graduates with less than three years of work experience.
- An EMBA (Executive Masters of Business Administration) is an internationally-recognised degree designed for busy and experienced managers with the ambition to improve their leadership and managerial skills. EMBAs are mostly part-time programmes for managers and executives with more than three years of work experience.
Why should I look for accreditations when choosing a business school or university for my studies?
- The quality of a business school or university can be evaluated by the number of accreditations (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS). The accreditations provide reassurance of the quality and the high standard of the programmes and the school’s or university’s faculty. Henley is proud to be in the top 1% of business schools in the world holding triple-accredited status from the leading UK, European and US accrediting bodies: AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
- For example, MBA programmes in Finland are not regulated by the local education governing bodies. This means that without accreditations the schools and universities can independently determine the content and quality of their MBA programmes.