Practical. Global. Master’s degree.
Our global Executive MBA is designed for busy and experienced managers with the ambition to improve their leadership and managerial skills.
Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global
Today’s globally connected business world calls for a wider perspective, new skills and different ways of thinking. The Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global is designed to develop outstanding business leaders ready to take on the challenges and opportunities of operating in today’s complex and fast-moving global economy. It develops leaders who are strong, responsible and adaptable.
By connecting your learning to current global and relevant organisational issues, the benefits of Henley’s global EMBA can be clearly measured, offering a substantial ROI to you personally and, more broadly, to your company.
The Henley EMBA – Global is structured to allow you to continue working full-time and study your MBA part-time. It is ideal if you are unable to take significant time out of the workplace to study and want greater flexibility over how, when and where you achieve your MBA degree. Over the 21 months of the programme, you will study and share experiences with like-minded professionals from a wide variety of managerial backgrounds and business industries.
The Henley EMBA – Global is currently the only EMBA programme in Finland which offers a university-level master’s degree. Therefore, the Henley EMBA is exempted from VAT in accordance with the sections 39 and 40 of the Finnish VAT Act.
Embark on the Henley EMBA – Global for an enriching experience that will connect you to global business and a worldwide network. You’ll find it one of the most worthwhile investments in yourself that you can make.
The global Henley EMBA is triple-accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB, and among the most renowned MBAs in the world. According to the latest rankings, Henley Business School is the highest-ranked provider of EMBA programmes in Finland.
The Henley EMBA – Global in a nutshell
- Start dates: March and October
- Duration: 21 or 27 months (with the possibility for extension up to 7 years)
- Workshops: 57 days
- Workshop locations: Mostly in Finland, selected workshops in Denmark, Germany and the UK
- Study visits: South Africa, and China or the US
- Assignments: 11 practical assignments + final research project
- e-Resources: e-learning + online databases
- ECTS: 90
- Language: English
- Faculty: UK + International
- Tutors: Subject area professors + Academic Tutor support
- Fee (Finland): € 45,000 (VAT 0%), excluding travel costs
EMBA – Global programme overview
The Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global is a part-time master’s degree programme providing a truly international experience, with a global focus to the syllabus and research, modules delivered across the Henley international campuses, enriching study trips and a multinational cohort was drawn from a variety of sectors and industries.
The Henley EMBA – Global consists of three key stages (90 ECTS) with an optional award structure on successful completion of each stage:
Stage 1: Fundamental Business Foundations (Certificate)
You will learn about the basic business aspects of managing an organisation, such as managing people, operations and finance. This stage is about developing a strong foundation across a range of business functions.
Stage 2: Strategy & Context – Managing Stakeholders (Diploma)
In this stage, you will gain a greater knowledge of stakeholder management and the context around the business choices needed to form a robust strategy.
Stage 3: Taking Leadership to a Higher Level (Master’s degree)
You will examine the complexities of change in organisations and how to influence and lead a company through them.
Personal development as well as career, leadership and professional development flow through all stages of the Henley EMBA allowing an integrated process towards personal and professional growth.
During your studies, you will write 11 practical assignments applying the knowledge and skills developed from the programme. The assignments are based on current relevant issues, showcasing your capabilities and creating a valuable contribution to your organisation.
The Henley EMBA – Global is arranged around 14 core study modules that deliver a comprehensive and wide-ranging framework for your studies. In addition, the programme includes a number of elective modules that allow you to specialise and a research-based project.
Henley EMBA – Global benefits
The Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global is designed to develop outstanding business leaders, who are strong, responsible, adaptable and able to identify the different situational perspectives to take appropriate action.
Henley-educated business leaders also appreciate that business is complex – there is no one-size-fits-all response. They become confident in working with complexity, and they remain calm and assured under pressure.
Our programme provides multiple benefits, to you and your company:
- University-level master’s degree from an internationally recognised business school with triple-accredited status
- Life-changing experience due to strong focus on both personal leadership and management capabilities
- Highly international experience, including study content, teaching faculty and students
- Truly rewarding learning journey with other experienced managers
- A highly practical programme, enabling you to apply the developed knowledge and skills immediately in the workplace
- Relevant assignments, showcasing your capabilities and creating a valuable contribution to your organisation from day one of your studies
- Online access to tens of thousands of academic and industry study resources supporting your business and studies
- Improved English fluency (academic and business)
- Substitute workshops in other overseas offices
- Study breaks allowed if other commitments in life change
- Access to a worldwide alumni network with more than 75,000 people in over 170 countries from day one of your studies
EMBA – Global tuition fees
The tuition fee is 45,000€ (VAT 0%)*, including workshop tuition, study materials and online services.
*VAT 0%, Sections 39 and 40 of the Finnish VAT Act, VAT-exempt education service.
How to apply for the Henley EMBA – Global
To join the programme you need:
- Three years of relevant experience in a managerial or senior specialist position
- Bachelor or master’s degree, or equivalent professional or international qualification*
- Evidence of competence in English, if English is not your native language
Start your application process by contacting us to receive further information about the Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global programme and to discuss your career development plans.
Your application package must include:
- A completed application form
- Up-to-date CV
- Certified copies of degree certificates
- Two professional references
- Evidence of competence in English**
A personal meeting is a mandatory requirement for all applications.
The Henley EMBA – Global programme starts twice a year, in March and October.
EMBA-experiences from our graduates
Are you wondering how it really is to study for the Henley Executive MBA (EMBA) – Global? Do you want some real-life examples of people who actually have gone through the programme from A to Z?
Anssi, Heikki and Marika tell you their own MBA stories, sharing both the joy but also the challenges of doing the Henley EMBA.
About the School
Founded in 1945, Henley Business School was the first business school in the UK and is one of the oldest and most respected schools in Europe. We are constantly ranked among the world’s top 50 busines ... Read More