The English MBA and MIM (MSc in Management) are the two flagship English degrees of the NUCB Business School that feature both professional and international exchange students representing over 40 different nationalities, practitioner instructors with international business experience, and a dedicated administrative team to assist your career development during enrollment and post-graduation.
Located in the business and finance district of Nagoya at the new Marunouchi Tower Campus, we welcome you to visit our campus and learn about how you can upgrade the skills you need to reach the next level in your career through the NUCB Business School!
The English Master’s program designed for those who seek quality and flexibility to improve their skills for future employment and leadership opportunities. The aim of the program is to cultivate highly skilled professionals with a global mindset, a strong sense of ethics, and the ability to contribute positively to the international business community.
- Start of the program: September / April
- Duration: 1 year full-time (MBA), 2 years (MBA/MIM)
- Language of instruction: English
- Requirements: 3 years work experience (MBA only)
- Class size: Average 40
- Additional programs: Study abroad exchange, Double Degree Program
- Degree: MBA or MIM
English MBA & MIM
The NUCB Busienss School offers two paths of study depending on the background of the applicant at the time of enrollment. Applicants with over three years of professional experience enter onto the one-year, full-time English MBA track. A two-year option for a Master of Science in Management (MIM) is also available for students who wish to undertake a double degree program or study abroad exchange with one of the NUCB Business School's overseas partner institutions. Many students who follow the two-year track continue to work in Japan while earning their Master's degree, this is a Part-Time MBA with courses held on the weekend only. For applicants with less than three years of work experience, the school offers a two-year track for a Master's with a different set of mandatory courses than the one-year Master's track.
Urban Business School
Located in downtown Nagoya, the Marunouchi Tower Campus boasts excellent access to the centers of both Asian business and Japanese culture. Many international organizations and financial institutions base their head offices in Nagoya, with entertainment and shopping districts well within walking distance. The NUCB Business School is dedicated to leveraging its location to attract top business professionals as well as faculty that exerts a strong global influence.
The NUCB Business School conducts courses in 100% English following the case study method. Proven in business classrooms worldwide, this teaching methodology facilitates communication between students with immensely diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Furthermore, the NUCB Business School boasts its own case center with over 1,200 cases that are specifically focused on Japanese and Asian companies. Over 100 new cases are published each year by the graduate school of management with cases researched and written by students themselves under the supervision of the faculty.
NUCB Business School best fits for those who want to
- Learn from cutting-edge business cases
- Gain new insights on Asian and Japanese ways of business
- Broaden their perspectives
- Expand their global network
- Adopt innovative solutions for their business
Application Deadlines - September 2020 Enrollment
|Application Round||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Final Round**|
|Application Open||Mar 12||May 27||June 24*||July 15**|
|Application Deadline||May 26||June 23||July 14*||July 28**|
|Interview Date||May 30||June 27||July 18*||Aug 01**|
**For domestic applicants only who do not need visa application upon enrollment.
***Interviews may be requested on demand for those who require an early decision or deadline based decision (for scholarship such as MEXT), after submitting your application please contact the school to request an interview date.
* Due to exceptional circumstance caused by the Covid-19 Pandemic, we appreciate that some applicants have faced difficulties in preparing the required documents in time for the usual final application deadlines. Therefore, an additional late round (deadline July 14) has been added, as an exception, for applications to the Fall 2020 semester. However, please be aware that the student visa application process can take up to 2 months, meaning applicants in this late round face the possibility of their arrival in Japan for Fall 2020 semester being delayed. Should this situation arise, we would endeavour to accommodate, but it would cause inconvenience and complications to both student and school. Therefore we strongly encourage applicants to apply in the May/June rounds whereever possible. The round ending July 14 is ONLY for those unable to meet the earlier deadlines.
Click here to review the online application process.
Only Japanese Business School Accredited by AACSB and AMBA
There are more than 10,000 management education programs in the world. International associations, such as AACSB International and AMBA, accredit business schools which meet their strict standards for the quality of education. In the international business community, only programs with international accreditation are considered 'real MBA programs'.
About the School
The Nagoya University of Commerce & Business (NUCB) Business School, Graduate School of Management is a private university located in the heart of the fourth most cosmopolitan area in Japan. It was es ... Read More