The BSL E/MBA is a transformational, not transactional, experience that facilitates your learning and personal growth as a self-aware, adaptive, and responsible leader.
- You will embark on a personal transformation journey that will enable you to know yourself better, to (re)discover your personal purpose, and to nurture your leadership capacity for making meaningful change in the world. You will be immersed in a learning space that fosters your personal growth through soft skills courses, one-on-one mentoring, and opportunities for coaching others.
- You will turn business on its head and get exposed to unconventional thinking beyond business-as-usual. Through our three-dimensional learning approach, “I”, “we”, and “all of us”, you will cultivate skills and perspectives that empower you to comprehend and respond to global business challenges from an individual, collective, and systemic perspective.
- You will invest in your professional growth and will explore opportunities for fusing your previous experiences, strengths, and passions into a fulfilling career path. You will stretch yourself and apply what you learn straight away through the MBA Consulting Project: You will choose between a Business Plan Project for a start-up, family business or a company of your choice, and a Social Impact Consulting Project in South Africa.
BSL Signature Features
- Small classes of up to 20 participants with personalized attention and support from professors
- Professors who are seasoned and currently active business practitioners and experts in their field
- International and diverse environment with students from 60 nationalities
Option 1: MBA – Full-Time Program (1 Year)
- We recommend this option to professionals who seek a career transition or want to take a break from work and fully focus on a year of dynamic learning immersion
- Classes are scheduled in three-day modules (Thursday- Saturday) which are taken approximately every 2 weeks over the course of 1 year
- The MBA Consulting Project is completed over the last 14 weeks
Option 2: MBA – Part-Time Program (2 Years)
- We recommend this option to working professionals in or outside of Switzerland who desire to keep their employment and study part-time, which means attending the MBA classes on campus in Lausanne every few weeks.
- Classes are scheduled in three-day modules (Thursday- Saturday) which are taken every 4-5 weeks approximately over the course of 2 years
- The MBA Consulting Project is completed over the last 12 months
EMBA – Executive MBA Program (1.5 Years)
- We recommend this option to working professionals based in Switzerland who desire to keep their employment and study part-time, which means attending the MBA classes on campus in Lausanne every few weeks.
- Classes are scheduled in three-day modules (Thursday-Saturday or three consecutive Saturdays) which are taken every 4-5 weeks approximately over the course of 1.5 years
- The EMBA Consulting Project is completed over the last 12 months
What specializations are available?
The only specialization available at the MBA level is Sustainable Business. Adding a specialization to your MBA degree expands the program duration by 6 months and includes a joint “Diploma in Sustainable Business” degree from BSL and University of St. Gallen.
What is the language of instruction at BSL?
All courses at BSL are given in English.
What TOEFL score do I need to apply at BSL?
As part of the selection process, successful applicants are interviewed to assess their level of English and their chances of success in the particular program. As a guide, you will need a level of English as follows:
MBA/ EMBA programs: IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL: 90, TOEIC: 800 (one test required only).
The BSL TOEFL code is 0018.
Does BSL offer scholarships?
BSL provides scholarships for selected programs on a case by case basis. For further information please refer to Tuition Fees & Scholarships.
Do I need to take the GMAT to enter the MBA or EMBA program?
GMAT score is not required for MBA and EMBA admission, as we prefer to assess your chances of success in the BSL environment through an interview. All MBA and EMBA candidates are interviewed by the Program Director before joining our program.
Does BSL offer any online courses?
BSL does not have online courses for the simple reason that learning and practicing management must be learned with other people together in groups and in classes. It can best be learned with the guidance of teachers who themselves work in business. Such “live” practice is not possible online.
What is the meaning of ‘accreditation’?
Institutional and program accreditations ensure that a school and its programs offer a high-quality level of education. Only 10% of business schools are accredited (have undergone the rigorous accreditation process). BSL was the first business school in Europe to achieve full ACBSP accreditation for all of its programs in 1996. Institutional accreditations such as AACSP and EQUIS validate the viability of a school, whereas, program accreditations, such as AMBA (only for MBA programs) and ACBSP (for all business programs including the doctorate level) validate the continuous high quality of the programs delivered. For more information on BSL’s accreditation, see Rankings and Accreditations.
Why is BSL not on the Swiss ENIC list?
The Swiss ENIC system currently lists only Swiss state‐owned universities and cannot list private institutions such as IMD or BSL.
What are the estimated living expenses in Lausanne?
BSL advises students to budget a minimum of CHF 2500 per month for expenses related to food, accommodation, local travel/commuting, school textbooks, social/entertainment, and medical insurance.
Estimated costs – please note these are estimations of monthly costs which vary depending on the student’s budget and lifestyle:
Monthly accommodation estimate: CHF 1000 – CHF 2,500
Monthly food expenses estimate: CHF 600 – CHF 800
Monthly travel expenses estimate: CHF 100 – CHF 250
Monthly medical insurance estimate: CHF 300 – CHF 500
Please note that every student in Switzerland must be insured by a medical and accident insurance company in Switzerland, even if you already have an international travel insurance. (BSL can help you find an insurance company if you do not already have insurance in Switzerland).
Where could I live in Lausanne?
Please refer to the housing and accommodation page
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 17, 2018