If you are looking for:
- A Master’s degree in business with world-class credentials
- Global faculty with latest knowledge in leadership and management
- The best set of PhD-qualified Lecturers in any business school in Ghana
- A strong link between classroom learning and the practice of global business
- To raise your management and leadership skills to the highest global standard
The EMBA is a professional degree that is specially designed to equip graduates with the knowledge, attitude and skills required by chief executives and other top level managers to meet effectively the leadership and managerial challenges they face in their organizations. As such, the programme adopts a generalist perspective that is relevant to those at senior management ranks and does not provide for a specialization in any functional area of business.
In addition, some objectives of the programme are to develop decision-making skills; to foster teamwork; to improve communication skills; and to provide a broad outlook of business operations from a strategic and leadership perspective.
- EMBA 605: Environment of Business (4 Credits)
- EMBA 606: Corporate Leadership (4 Credits)
- EMBA 607: Management Information Systems (4 Credits)
- EMBA 660: Strategic Marketing (4 Credits)
- EMBA 661: Accounting and Control (4 Credits)
- EMBA 662: Financial Management (4 Credits)
- EMBA 663: Ethics, Social Responsibility and Governance (4 Credits)
- EMBA 664: Economics of Strategy (4 Credits)
- EMBA 665: Operations and Project Management (4 Credits)
- EMBA 666: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 Credits)
- EMBA 667: Strategic Management (4 Credits)
- EMBA 668: Managerial Practice (6 Credits)
- EMBA 800: Capstone Project (6 Credits)
The programme is typically covered in four (4) to five (5) academic modular sessions depending on a student’s background. The modular sessions run for three (3) weeks each, twice a year, with eight (8) hours of classes each day.
Each student must complete a programme of study which is made up of a total of fifty-six (56) credits. With the exception of Managerial Practice and Capstone Project, which are each allocated six (6) credits hours, each course is allocated four (4) credit hours. Students normally enrol in three (3) courses (i.e. 12 credits) of coursework per semester or session.
The prerequisites for admission are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2nd Class Lower classification from any approved/recognized university or an equivalent professional qualification with requisite experience such as ACCA, ICA, etc. Equivalence shall be determined by the Academic Board.
- At least five years post qualification senior management experience.
- Applicants with degree classifications below 2nd Class Lower Division and/or narrowly focused professional qualifications, such as ACCA, should enroll in the GIMPA Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration (CBA/ DBA) programmes at the Business School to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
- Applicants with degree classifications lower than 2nd Class must take the GIMPA Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration (CBA/DBA) programmes at the Business School and obtain pass marks of at least 55% in each course.
- Applicants without business or management degrees or training in such areas are strongly encouraged to enroll in the GIMPA Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration (CBA/DBA) programmes at the Business School and obtain pass marks of at least 55% in each course.
How to apply:
Interested candidates may download the application form from our website, www.gimpa.edu.gh. The completed application form with original transcripts and certified copies of certificates should be submitted to one of our campuses. The completed application form must also be accompanied by proof of payment of the application processing fee of GHC 200.00 [US $150 for international students].
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 11, 2017