Business Administration/Information Systems Dual Master's Degree
Acquire valuable skills necessary to be a technology leader in tomorrow’s global business environment. The Coles College MBA-MSIS brings business strategy to technology projects and technological innovation to business challenges. By blending best business practices and strategic technology skills, students acquire the knowledge necessary to become qualified and capable leaders for cutting-edge global organizations.
Courses are delivered at times and locations which are convenient for the working professional. MBA courses are offered at both our Kennesaw Campus (one night a week, starting at 5 pm or 8 pm) and at the Coles College facilities at the Cobb Galleria complex (one night a week, starting at 6 pm). IS courses are offered on the Kennesaw Campus.
The Coles College MBA-MSIS consists of 51 hours of graduate study, including 27 hours of business administration courses and 24 hours of information systems courses. Students are required to take the core courses from both the MBA and MSIS programs, plus one elective MBA course.
To be admitted into the dual degree program, the applicant must specify the option at the time of application to the Graduate School. Students interested in applying for the MBA/MSIS dual degree program should consult with the program coordinator with regard to admission requirements and required courses.
General Admission Requirements for the MBA/MSIS Dual Degree Program
- Submission of application to the graduate admission office and a non-refundable application fee;
- Baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited in a manner accepted by Kennesaw State University;
- Academic background (approved by MBA and MSIS program directors);
- Acceptable scores on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Three letters of recommendation (optional);
- Professional experience (Note: Personal interviews will be conducted whenever possible and responsible work, community service, and leadership experience will be considered.).
*International applicants have additional requirements; see Graduate Admission section of this catalog.
The program consists of a minimum of 51 hours of graduate study, of which 27 hours are in areas of Business Administration and 24 hours are in Information Systems. Additional credit hours may be taken depending on each student's academic background. It generally takes approximately three years to earn both degrees as a full-time student. Students will be required to take the core courses from both MBA and MSIS programs as well as two electives in the Coles College of Business.
MBA (27 Credit Hours)
- ACCT 8000 - Accounting Insights for Managers
- ECON 8010 - Resource Allocation and Decision Analysis
- FIN 8020 - Business Finance
- MGT 8040 - Managing the Value Chain
- MGT 8050 - Managing and Leading Work Behavior
- MGT 8999 - Strategic Management: An Integrative, Capstone Experience
- MKTG 8030 - Strategic Marketing
- IS 8090 - Leveraging Information Systems in Business
- Plus one international business MBA elective
MSIS (24 Credit Hours)
Students are required to take all these 8 MSIS courses in their MSIS-MBA dual degree
- IS 8005 - Informatics
- IS 8080 - Database Application Design and Implementation
- IS 8100 - Advanced IT Project Management
- IS 8200 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Information Systems
- IS 8310 - Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance
- IS 8400 - Enterprise Process Models
- IS 8700 - Information Systems Policy and Strategy
- IS 8920 - IT Customer Relationship Management
Program Total (51 Credit Hours)
About the School
Kennesaw State University is a comprehensive university recognized for its entrepreneurial spirit, global engagement and sense of community. As Georgia’s third-largest university and one of the fifty ... Read More