Management Education for Engineers
Combine Engineering and Management. Apply now for a Double Degree Program in Germany!
With the NIT/TUHH Double Degree Program you graduate with two master's degrees at the same time: MSc and MBA. The double degree master’s program is designed for ambitious young engineers who strive to become responsible technology managers in a globalized world. During the two-year program, students acquire a broad spectrum of knowledge and skills both in engineering and in management. They grow professionally and personally as they prepare for responsible positions in different industries. NIT graduates set out to make a positive impact on the world.
In the double-degree model, students enroll in a M.Sc. program in engineering at the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) and in the master’s program in Technology Management at the NIT Northern Institute of Technology Management at the same time. The TUHH offers six M.Sc. programs in English:
- Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Information and Communication Systems
- Mechanical Engineering and Management
- Microelectronics and Microsystems
- ... and many more in German.
Students at the NIT benefit from small study groups, interactive classes with international faculty, an intercultural learning environment, and a constant combination of theory and practice through case studies, simulations, guest speakers, field trips, and internships. Have a look at our virtual tour!
The NIT master’s program is designed to be studied in part-time, in parallel to the MSc program, with classes in the evenings, on the weekends, and during two four-week spring schools, offered in March of the first study year and in February of the second year, respectively.
Students with two or more years of work experience after their first university degree complete their studies at the NIT with an MBA.
- World-class education in both engineering and management
- International and intercultural experience
- Tight link to industry: internships and thesis work with companies
- International faculty from acclaimed business schools
- Individual support from lecturers, tutors, staff
- Personalized career development
- On-campus living: modern student apartments on a green campus
- Global alumni network and friendships
- Degrees: MSc in Engineering, MBA in Technology Management
- Start: October, intensive German language course starts in September
- Duration: Approx. 28 months (full-time)
- Intake: Up to 35 students
- Accreditation: FIBAA (NIT program), ASIIN and/or Akkreditierungsrat (TUHH programs)
- Tuition Fee: € 22,000 in total
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, information or computer science with superior grades
- High level of proficiency in English
- If you have already acquired 24 months (fulltime and uninterrupted) of professional experience after obtaining your Bachelor’s degree (and before starting the Technology Management program) you will graduate from the Technology Management program with an MBA. Applicants with less than two years work experience graduate with a Master of Arts (MA)
The Precondition for admission to the Double Degree Master’s Program is that you fulfill the requirements for the TUHH’s MSc program of you choice. Please check the admissions conditions for the study program in question on the TUHH website.
Scholarships are available for outstanding candidates.
Want to apply? Your next steps:
- Visit TUHH website and choose the eligible Master of Science program
- Upload your documents in the TUHH Online Portal
- Send additional material to the NIT
- December 1 until March 31: NIT + international TUHH Master Program
- June 1 until July 15: NIT + German TUHH Master
- As early as possible if you are interested in an industrial scholarship
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2017