The Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA programme has been established in cooperation with the triple-crown accredited Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM). The Cologne-Rotterdam EMBA is a double degree, thus the successfully completion of the study programme leads to the award of 2 distinctive MBA degrees: a MBA from the University of Cologne and a MBA from RSM.
It’s a well-established fact that Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of the top business schools in Europe. Over the past 45 years, its reputation for the quality of its research and teaching has resulted in strong and mutual bonds with multinational businesses based in the port city of Rotterdam.
The long history of the University of Cologne is one of world-class academic education, serving society in a region that can be described as one of the engine rooms of European industry, manufacturing and business.
EMBA: A partnership for your career
This joint Executive MBA programme brings RSM’s expertise in delivering premium management education to Cologne. The relationship builds on the strengths of both institutions and locations, and brings world-class management education to the Rhine-Ruhr area.
Our exciting new EMBA programme promises valuable management skills, and we warmly invite you to find out more.
Management development programme
The 24-month Executive part-time MBA is taught in English and base on the top-ranked Executive MBA at RSM in Rotterdam. The classes will usually take place at the University of Cologne.
The Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA is designed to enhance the progression of your career by preparing you for senior management challenges and responsibilities in German and international business arenas.
The 1st year of the programme is designed to focus on analytical skills and critical thinking, mastering the fundamentals of business management in lectures such as Managerial Accounting, Business Decision Methods and Management Science, the 2nd year covers leadership development and the practice of leadership and fosters communication skills in lectures such as Business Sustainability und Leading Strategic Business Change. You will also have the opportunity to select three electives from a range of 30 specialisations such as Digital Transformation, Data Science, Brand Management and Financial Engineering. Over the 4 terms, a special focus is put on the development of the leadership skills of the EMBA participants with a continuous Personal Leadership Development Programm and individual coaching sessions with professional executive coaches. This development program is completed by the last study trip to Andalusia.
The programme schedule is designed to be conveniently structured around your lifestyle with a straightforward weekend format. Classes usually take place every other weekend on Friday evening (18h30-21h30) and Saturday (9h30 until 16h30). In addition to that there are 4 full-time weeks during the 2 years: The welcome week in the beginning of term 1 A lecture week in Rotterdam in term 2 First international study trip in term 3 (1 week) Second international study trip in term 4 (1 week)
Key benefits of our management training programs
Leadership and team-building skills
Develop your ability to bring out the best in people and yourself via our intense and participant-centred Personal Leadership Development programme.
Analytical and critical thinking
Change the way you think about business issues, deconstruct problems, and create strategies. Learn the techniques and frameworks used by the best business thinkers in the field.
Bring value to your current position and organisation through assignments that require you to apply what you learn in your day-to-day work.
International perspective and experience
Expand your understanding of business in different economic and cultural environments.
Broad general management knowledge
Gain a real understanding of the workings of all aspects of your organisation and its place in a globalising economy.
Long-term Career Impact
- Improved performance in your organisation and recognition as a professional with ambition and advanced knowledge.
- The knowledge and credentials to succeed in a senior management position, acknowledged by the entire business community.
- A changed perception of yourself and a change in the perception others have of you; personal and professional empowerment.
- New connections with executives representing companies that support the Executive MBA events and activities.
- A global corporate network of the talented international peers within the programme, as well as those from both University of Cologne and RSM. You will join alumni from all our degree programmes – some 49,000 professionals in over 80 countries.
- Alumni activities and lifelong learning in a growing community; annual class reunions, regional chapters, industry-specific affinity groups, discussion panels and conferences, plus social events.
Application criteria and requirements
In order to be eligible for this programme, you will need to demonstrate:
- Professional achievements and goals: a minimum of four years of postgraduate work experience. This experience should demonstrate clear evidence of solid career progression
- Academic excellence: a university degree or equivalent*
- Proficiency in the English language: a strong command of the English language
- Leadership abilities: experience managing people or projects
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 30, 2017