With the MBA in Leadership and Management in Healthcare, we engage participants through experiential and practical learning, reinforced by theoretical models and real scenarios. We work with participants to transfer learning back into the workplace through personal development plans, project work, and meaningful action plan to follow up the programme.
In short, we design these programmes to meet the real and important needs of current Health organizations with the aim of almost immediate payback on their investment in their people.
What is it?
The MBA in Leadership and Management in Healthcare has been designed for experienced managers and leaders working in the field of health within the public, private and independent sectors in the UK and abroad.
The Faculty of Health and Social Care offers a forward-thinking, innovative and flexible approach to teaching, learning, and research. Each year, over 3,000 students join our thriving and supportive community to participate in programmes and research that impact on regional, national and international health and social care services.
Our experience and expertise in education for the health and social care sector puts us amongst the leading universities in the south-east of England, and we are proud to work in partnership with NHS Trusts, the Strategic Health Authority, social work agencies, private health and social care providers, and charitable organizations.
How will it help me?
In an increasingly competitive global environment, this programme provides health practitioners with an opportunity to develop their business and management skills as well as enhance their interprofessional practice. The pathway will address healthcare issues from global, interprofessional, multi-disciplinary, business-oriented and person-centered perspectives.
This MBA is delivered through a partnership between the Business School and the Faculty of Health and Social Care.
Staff from the Business School combine excellence in their academic disciplines with considerable business experience and active research in both the public and private sectors. The Faculty of Health and Social Care is a leading provider of health education in Kent with a particular focus on interprofessional teaching, learning, and research.
What is distinctive about this programme?
- The attention and focus on the global changes and challenges within the health sector environment and the changing nature of the care contexts e.g. economic, aging population, changes in family structures and the impact on professional identities;
- The teaching and skilled facilitation offered by a programming team with a long history working with healthcare practitioners and managers from a variety of contexts in both health and social care;
- The opportunity to work with leaders and managers in preparation for the current challenges and future 2020 environment;
- The credibility and reputation of the interprofessional learning and teaching communities which provide opportunities for networking and knowledge exchange;
- The opportunity to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds to develop a community of practice that we will encourage to continue beyond the end of the MBA programme;
- The residential sessions in our superb Salomons mansion set within 36 acres of parkland; this beautiful venue provides a stimulating environment for intensive group and individual study.
What will I gain from it?
This MBA will support your career prospects and enable you to gain greater awareness of how to market yourself and your service, and an in-depth understanding of leading and managing teams aligned to current and emerging health and social agendas. You will gain:
(i) a systematic understanding of knowledge, and a critical awareness of current problems and/or new insights, much of which is at, or informed by, the forefront of academic discipline in management and leadership or your area of professional practice;
(ii) a comprehensive understanding of techniques applicable to your own research or advanced scholarship;
(iii) originality in the application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how established techniques of research and inquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge in your discipline;
(iv) conceptual understanding that enables you to:
- Critically evaluate current research and advanced scholarship in the discipline; and
- Evaluate methodologies and develop critiques of them and, where appropriate, to propose new hypotheses.
In addition to enhancing your professional practice, business, and leadership skills, you will develop a rich understanding of existing and innovative practice in your chosen field.
About the School
Welcome to the Canterbury Christ Church University Business School Developing excellence in business and management is at the heart of what we do- whether through the qualifications we offer, or throu ... Read More