A Unique Business School
SolBridge prepares students to be the Next Generation of Asian Thought Leaders in the fast growing and rapidly changing Asian economy. SolBridge is unique among business schools for several reasons:
- Located in Korea, all classes are taught in English (except for the language classes), and we expect students to be fluent in Chinese or Korean upon graduation.
- 80% of our faculty are international professors with degrees from prestigious universities.
- Students are taught under an international business model.
- Strong focus on Asia, through diverse academic and cultural programs.
- An international student body with students representing more than 30 different countries.
- A balance between theory and practice through immersion programs, special lectures, workshops, and internships.
- The CAP (Career Advisor Professor) program allows students to receive advice from a professor from an area of the world and create their career plans.
- BBA and MBA students participating in the CEO Mentoring Program have the chance to receive guidance from experienced people in the corporate world.
- The Asian Thought Leaders’ Case Competitions provide students with the world skills needed for the work force.
- SolBridge International School of Business is the youngest institution to receive the AACSB accreditation.
We are dedicated to producing top business leaders in Asia in all fields: business, politics, the military, and social activism, who will be prepared to be instruments of change in their respective societies. We do not focus only on the “hard skills” needed for such an undertaking, but also on the critically important “soft skills” that provide flexibility, understanding, and interpersonal leadership skills that will help in many environments.
SolBridge offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business. All degree programs focus on Asian business and its relation to the rest of the world. We are committed to providing:
- An integration of business knowledge with a focus on Asian economies and their evolving relationships.
- Student internships with leading-edge technological businesses.
- A global perspective in teaching and research in the most dynamic arena of the world economy.
- In-depth exposure to languages and cultures of East Asia.
- A multi-cultural environment in an English language medium.
Asian Center of Excellence in Global Business Education
Educating the Next Generation of Asian Thought Leaders
Who is an Asian Thought Leader?
An Asian Thought Leader is someone with GACCS. Through research and scholarship we seek to contribute to and enrich the understanding and practice of management within the for-profit, not for-profit and governmental environments. Through our teaching, learning and engagement with the business world, and with the support of our staff, we aspire to ensure our faculty and students acquire :
Global Perspective: Knowledge of global markets, business practices, and cultural norms between business in Asia and other parts of the world.
Asian Expertise: Knowledge of Asia by articulating the differences and similarities among their individual cultures, best business practices, legal requirements, and economies.
Cross-Cultural Competence: Awareness of one’s own cultural values and beliefs, an awareness of other cultures, values, and belief systems, and is able to effectively communicate and function in multicultural settings.
Creative Management Foundation: Broad understanding of management principles and the ability to analyze situations to select the best solution or to identify, derive, and deliver a new alternative solution.
Social Responsibility: Ethical behavior in decision making in and beyond the organization within the context of varying cultural constraints. Articulates the necessity for organizations to be environmentally and socially responsible.
Sol” in Korean means pine tree. Hence, literally, SolBridge means "Pine Tree Bridge".
The pine tree is a symbol of our commitment to on-going, current and relevant education: like the pine tree - evergreen, tall, and adaptable to weather changes. Like the SolBridge International School of Business, the pine tree, which grows everywhere, is truly international. It is the bridge that connects continents and cultures across the global community, much as SolBridge and its graduates are expected to do.
The Woosong Educational Foundation
The Woosong Educational Foundation is the umbrella organization of various educational institutions highly committed to the educational development of South Korea though innovation and specialized knowledge. Through its core values of independence (i.e. spirit of self-reliance), righteousness (i.e. upright mind and moral will), and goodness (i.e. devotion to integrity and practice), it aims at educating the next generation become wise, sincere, and courageous.
This school offers programs in: