The NORDAKADEMIE was the first private university to be founded and funded directly by industry. The university's organizational form is also unique: As a non-profit public limited company involving 43 prominent companies and the NORDMETALL employers' association, the NORDAKADEMIE operates exclusively in the interest of students and partner firms.
Since the establishment of the University of Applied Sciences in 1992 over 600 companies have collaborated with the university in the areas of
- Undergraduate education - Bachelor courses in the dual system of vocational study
- Postgraduate education – in-service Master programs
- Professional training – postgraduate training courses with university certificate and
- Research - practice-oriented projects taken directly from the world of business.
Continuing success, new programs and increasing student numbers enabled establishing the NORDAKADEMIE Graduate School in Hamburg, which offers students not only a great view of the Elbe, but also
- practise-based concepts designed in cooperation with companies
- practically experienced professors and leading practitioners as lecturers
- over 400 hours of face-to-face teaching in German and English in small groups as part of our blended learning concept, fluent German and English is required to attend the classes and is a key prerequisite.
- modern technology in the classrooms
- online access to worldwide literature databases and
- regular assessment of the study conditions by our quality management. Numerous alumni success stories provide proof - practice-based courses of study and outstanding conditions for learning open up impressive career paths worldwide for graduates of the NORDAKADEMIE and the NORDAKADEMIE Graduate School.
The cooperation also pays off for the companies involved, as they are able to recruit the best trainees from their own ranks.
This school offers programs in: