Manchester Business School was founded in 1965 and is one of the UK’s first business schools. In 2015, we celebrated our 50th anniversary.
We became the largest business and management school in the UK in 2004 when we merged with the The Victoria University of Manchester's School of Accounting and Finance, UMIST's School of Management and the Programme in Research in Science and Technology.
We are a full-service business school, providing industry-focused education to undergraduates, postgraduates and executives across the globe.
Original Thinking Applied is at the heart of what we do - turning theory into practice across all our activity, through our programmes, consultancy and research.
We inform, inspire and engage with the business community through our corporate engagement activities and we work to support communities through our social responsibility agenda.
Rankings and accreditation
Alliance Manchester Business School continues to receive a number of rankings and accreditations from numerous awarding boards - not only in the UK but from all over the world.
- The 2016 Financial Times survey ranks our MBA 7th in the UK, 14th in Europe and 38th in the world.
- According to the FT, MBA students can expect a 96% salary increase three years after graduation. Alliance MBS is also placed at 12th in the world for career progress.
- We are ranked 6th in the world, outside the US, by business title Forbes. The Forbes rating uses return on investment (ROI) as its main measure, combined with feedback gathered from Alliance MBS' global alumni community.
- We are ranked 2nd in the UK for research power, and 4th for depth and breadth of research (REF 2014).
- Bloomberg Business Week ranked Alliance MBS at 19th in the world and 9th in the alumni survey.
Alliance MBS is part of a small and select group of institutions worldwide that is accredited by all three major bodies - AACSB International, AMBA and EQUIS.
Wherever you are based, our expertise is never far away. We are the only UK business school with a presence in six global hubs. All of our centres have strong links with the local business community and we also have a global network of over 50,000 alumni, spread across 169 countries.
This school offers programs in: