West Virginia University’s 14-month accelerated Full-Time MBA program was recently ranked among the Top 100 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. It is ideal for someone seeking to enhance job opportunities or change careers. Whether your background is in liberal arts, the sciences or business, WVU has a place for you.
The College of Business and Economics firmly believes in the global perspective. In joining WVU's MBA program, you will gain a classroom experience enriched by teamwork with students from across the world - 44% of our current MBA class is comprised of international students from three continents. Additionally, all domestic MBA students participate in a ten-day international trip in Europe or Asia as part of the coursework.
Students in this course will be required to take BADM 562 during their spring semester. This course introduces students to:
- The major components and key concepts of international business,
- The cultural/political differences among nations as related to business,
- World markets, currencies, and exchange rates,
- The modes of internationalizing a firm, and the role of the World Trade Organization.
For domestic students, a required international trip is incorporated into this course.
The WVU MBA degree is a 14-month, 50 credit-hour program which is coursework-based and does not require a thesis. Concurrent courses are linked by common themes, enabling students to benefit from synergistic development of concepts utilized in the business world.
Summer Semester 1
- Managerial Economics
- Business Research and Statistics
- Organizational Behavior
- Law, Ethics and Diversity
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Decision Analysis
- Professional Development Practicum
- Leadership and Org Change
- Marketing Management
- Operations/Supply Chain Management
- Corporate Finance
- International Business
- Professional Development Practicum 2
Summer Semester 2
- Information Systems
- Global Planning & Strategy
- Elective Course (listed below)
- Elective Courses (choose one)
- Negotiation Strategy
- Export Management (Spring Only)
- Investments & Portfolio Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Strategic Communications
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 9, 2016